“Expensive extras”

Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Expensive extras”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have just returned from a three night stay at the Crowne Plaza in Leeds. The service, the rooms and the spa (pool etc) were absolutely fine. Unfortunately the extra costs let it down. They want to charge you £15 a day to park your car in their car park! £10 a day for wi fi! Breakfast £15.95! Although we had no choice but to pay for the car park. We did not use Wi Fi or have breakfast in the hotel because of the costs. What a shame they cannot offer some of these things free or charge or at a moderate cost.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carolinesimonds
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Carolinesimonds,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the service you received from our staff. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 8 April 2014

me and Tristan(boyfriend) stayed at the crowne plaza. It was so romantic and amazing. The staff were so lovely and kind. We will definitely be going back there. My friends recommended it to me as she stayed with her daughter for a couple of nights. There is a pool there and is open to kids and adults. The spa was amazing. The location was brilliant. Just a little walk away from the town centre AKA the shops. The parking was great although you do have to pay, it cost us £15 for the one night we stayed - not a problem considering what else the hotel offers. Breakfast was very appealing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before on 3 or 4 occasions but not for a while. From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more welcoming, warm and courteous and remained so throughout our stay. We noticed the rooms have been renovated and are spacious and bright with comfortable beds and well equipped bathrooms. Nice to have enough space for a sofa in the room too, along with tea and coffee making facilities, free water and biscuits. Very effective air conditioning and the window opened slightly for fresh air so we slept without the aircon which is, in our opinion, a bonus. Breakfast was adequate but we would have awarded 5 stars had there been more variety. The offering was a little passe with trays of fried eggs and the usual other fried offerings. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be of a good standard.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 9 April 2014

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friend and I had booked a night at this hotel bed and breakfast and were very pleased. Despite discovering the agent we had booked through had approved a double room rather than a twin we had a lovely stay. The duty managed at the hotel was happy to do what he could to compensate us for the change in booking even though it was not the hotel at fault.
The room was clean and comfortable and the leisure facilities good, although the pool was a little smaller than it seems from the pictures. Breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice and the fact that it was served until 11 on a Sunday meant we could have a good lie in.
Overall we would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel, we'd just remember not to use the sat-nav as it was not very reliable in finding the exact location of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Would like to say a big thank you to danni from reception, Irish lady Emma, Becky and a blonde haired lady from F&B thank you for making our stay warm and welcome yous are a credit to the hotel. All staff extremly friendly lovey lady from housekeeping to :-) thank you

• Stayed April 2014

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My Husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night as a stopover on a long journey.
We arrived quite late but were still greeted with a friendly welcome.
The car park is outside the Hotel and costs £15 overnight.
The room was nice, really comfy bed!! Tea and coffee facilities and decent bathroom.
The breakfast was okay, buffet style- your standard holiday inn/Crowne plaza buffet breakfast.
Check out was quick, the lady on reception (Erin?) was very friendly!
On the whole this is a decent Hotel and I would recommend it to stay in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to Erin, as they serve as a great motivator.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel with six girlfriends for my 40th birthday in March 2014 and although everything was excellent, it was the staff that stood out for me and the girls (in particular Danielle who was a star and helped my friends with a few surprises for me during our stay). The breakfast is served until 11.30 which is perfect if you aren't an early riser. The pool/spa are clean and not too busy and I recommend the Swedish full body massage as a treatment.

I would definitely stay at the hotel again for location, quality, cleanliness and of course the service. I can't wait to go back with my boyfriend.