“Fabulous hotel with fabulous staff!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hotel with fabulous staff!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just home from a fantastic weekend for a friends hen party with 20 girls.
The hotel is in a great area, so easy to find and 15 minutes walk into town.
Reception staff are fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and they're knowledge was vast!
Rooms very comfortable and very clean.
Overall I would totally recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to our reception team, as they serve as a great motivator.

Matt Byram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mid Sussex
Reviewed 1 May 2014

As the title states, this is a nice city centre hotel, complete with a small gym and on-site spa. Very friendly staff and decent facilities - there's not much more you'd want out of a hotel when you are away at a conference. The restaurant was pretty good. Had one evening meal there, which we thought was good. The breakfast was good as well though there was a distinct lack of fresh fruit and yoghurt options. One morning I saw 3 green apples. I'm not sure they were there the other 2 days! Internet was free as we were at a conference. But for regular hotel guests, it is quite expensive - I think it was close to £20 for 24hrs. I could be mistaken though. Free wifi should be standard in these types of hotels. I look forward to the day when it is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DrNBC

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Again I returned to CP Leeds and had a fantastic stay. Upgraded on check in, room service was quick and hot.

The restaurant is a little dated but the staff are very professional and the food good.

Will stay here for sure next time I'm in Leeds

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Zarv

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Let me preface my review by stating that I'm probably not the standard type of clientèle for this hotel. That is to say, I would use the same knife and fork for a starter as I would for a main course. To clarify, if I dropped a £5 note and the wind took it, I'd chase it for at least 150 metres before giving up. You catch my drift. Most of the other guests I saw during my stay seemed like they'd look at me funny for doing either of those things.

TL;DR - This was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Fancy to the maaaax.

2 double beds in the twin room meant that both me and my friend slept in comfort (pretty much the only negative about our stay was the "noisiness" of the duvet covers - they sort've crinkled every time we moved in the night - weird and pretty much not a big deal in the grand scheme of things).
Rooms were sizeable and well furnished - TV, safe, mini-fridge, ironing board/iron and even a trouser-press (I've never even seen someone use one, but having one in a hotel room is pretty much a requirement, right?). I didn't get a chance to finish reading the book supplied in the room (I think it was called "The Bible"), but I'm definitely considering returning to carry on with it.
There was also free biscuits, water and little mint chocolates.
The bathroom was also well equipped; 2 types of soap and free shampoo/shower gel/body lotion (I'm not sure what body lotion is for - but you can be sure that I used some to moisturize after a shower, it would have been a shame not to).

After our stay in the hotel, we were using one of the conference suites (Roundhay 1, I think) for an event. This is where we met Ollie (I think). Top bloke - happy to bend over backwards bringing us extra bottled water, chairs, tables, fans and turning on the Air Con too.

Overall, great hotel complimented by the wonderful staff. A special mention to Emma, whose service-with-a-smile topped the stay off and would've made this a 6/5 review if that was possible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rob A

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for my hen weekend this weekend and we were all so impressed with the hotel, food and the staff.

All of the rooms were lovely and modern with everything that you would need, and a fridge in the room too.

All of the food at this hotel is five star! The breakfast was lovely, usually with a buffet breakfast somethings aren't up to scratch but it was all amazing! We really really enjoyed breakfast both mornings. We also asked for poached eggs and vegetarian sausages and this wasn't a problem at all.

We had a spa package which included use of the facilities, a treatment each and a finger buffet lunch in the bar. We all loved the spa, and the lunch that was included was again superb! The liverpudlian barmaid in the bar (I think she was called Danielle) was fantastic! Her service was second to none, and she went out of her way to make sure we had everything that we needed. Drinks are pretty pricey but this is what you should expect at a hotel like this and you don't mind paying a bit more if the service and surroundings are as good as they are here!

Matt on Reception was so helpful and couldn't do enough for us! Even down to getting us all water to take with us to the train when we were all leaving severely hungover! We all loved him! He is a credit to this hotel! All the other reception staff were also really lovely and friendly.

The staff really do make this hotel! I would have no worries in recommending this hotel to anybody wishing to travel to Leeds. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

West Yorks England
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, superb refurbished room with 2 double beds. Excellent value for b&b for a city centre hotel. We ate in the bar for lunch and dinner and food was excellent. Wine was a bit expensive but probably what you'd expect in a top hotel. We used the pool/spa twice and we were impressed. Probably the best thing about the hotel was Haley on reception who just couldn't do enough for us arranging early check in and bringing the keys to the bar for us!! And Danielle in the bar was a delight! Definitely one of the nicest stays we've ever had in Leeds.

Stayed April 2014

yorkshire
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel can sometimes be a bit on the expensive side unless you can book at just the right time and get a bargain. We stayed here again during April 2014 on a last minute decision and again we were not disappointed. Again the hotels staff exceeded expectations and always tend to go that extra mile for the guests. The beds were pretty comfy and pillows excellent all adding to what every one wants out of a night away, a great nights sleep, in fact the night was so good we didn't have time to use the swimming pool which upset my daughter.
Their is parking at the hotel but it tends to be a bit on the expensive side considering you can be paying quite a lot for your night out to start with. It is about 15 mins walk down the road from the train station in the centre of the city if you use this option, but don't forget its 15 mins back to the city later on if you decide you want to go back into the city.
Again we would always recommend you enquire about an upgrades, we had the Wedding Suite once which was absolutely fabulous :)

To sum up it is a nice hotel with great staff and comfy rooms.

We will be staying here again :)

Room Tip: Enquire for upgrade