“Don't let the exterior put you off! Great hotel!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Upon arrival to the hotel I was saddened by the appearance of the hotel, however once I had entered the lobby I was amazed! The staff were polite and helpful and checking in and out was very easy with no bother or hidden costs. The twin room (with two double beds) was amazing. The freebies were a lovely touch and the air conditioning was a life saver! The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and their was not one pube in the bathtub, the cleanliness was unequivocally outstanding! The concierge were very helpful in making sure we had everything we needed. I would however say that more plug sockets are needed, so if your like me and need at least 4 for all the essentials then take an extension lead. I'll definitley be staying at the Crowne Plaza for my future visits to Leeds. Definitely recommended, great hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked into the hotel bank holiday weekend 2 may for 2nights. There was 25 of us and the service was excellent. The staff are welcoming and friendly the Buffett breakfast was delicious and the rooms were excellent could not fault the hotel all 25 of us were impressed we will be booking again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a short break and couldn't fault it. On arrival the staff were absolutely lovely. Very friendly and helpful and gave us a lot of good information on where to go to get the kind of weekend that we wanted. The room was spacious, well decorated and modern. The free biscuits every day went down an absolute treat too! There was no noise at all, either night, and we had a brlliant couple of nights sleep. The location is very good as well, can walk into town, to the bars and to the trani station in minutes. We didn't try the spa, food or bar but overall would definitely reccomend this hotel for those wanting a little break in a great city :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for just one night with a couple of friends. Best feature of the hotel is most certainly its staff who were without exception warm friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and the bathrooms were spotless and newly refurbished. The leisure club was great to relax in after a day walking round Leeds. Breakfast was fine although had a bit of a cafeteria atmosphere rather than a 4* hotel. Enjoyable stay-thank you.

Room Tip: further away from lifts-likely to be quieter

Reviewed 13 May 2014

During a recent overnight stay at this hotel, I became ill and had to seek help from reception staff who promptly telephoned NHS emergency no 111 who were put through to my room and I was able to describe my symptoms and was advised accordingly .I was in a lot of pain and the staff sent up a light breakfast and expediated our car park exit so that we could get back home as quickly as possible (which was in burton in Trent). I have since spent a very uncomfortable week in hospital and now Im home. This hotel is first class as far as Im concerned and we will definately stay here again my friend has also put a vey positive review on here and has named the reception staff involved as she was in a better state to remember names than me.

Dear Guest

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Leeds very soon. Perhaps when you are feeling a little better.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great city central location. Nightmare for parking but yeh... Most hotels are in city centres. Despite this, generally the hotel was lovely. Bathroom was tidy and clean.... clean and modern. Staff were very friendly with a genuine customer polite attitude. Room service was good and food selection is what would be expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha K

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked for leisure trip having previously stopped at the Hilton Double Tree several times Thought we would have a change and presuming being 4 star would be similar quality so booked an executive room at a cost of £150 for the night. Room was such a disappointment for what was supposed to be a modern hotel. These rooms are in serious need of an update and furniture is tatty at best. Staff were excellent in dealing with my room concerns and moved us to a suite but this although slightly better was still pretty much the same. Bath itself was marked and tatty, carpet was marked. Having stayed in several hotels up and down the country this would probably rate as the worst for value. To summarise staff were very good and polite but this hotel is one to avoid if your looking for a bit of quality. Would definitely not recommend or use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BazanLorna

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.