“Good Overall Value”

Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Good Overall Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. I ate breakfast at the restaurant which was very good. It was also always ready right at opening time of 0630. The fitness club had a wide variety of machines as well as many of them so I was able to work out without waiting for a machine to open up. The room was spacious, with plenty of power outlets in the room. If I had one complaint about the room it would be that the walls are thin. I always knew when the two guys in the room beside me came back. I could hear their voices just speaking in normal tone, but couldn't make out what they were saying. I don't use room service at any hotel so I can't comment on that other than the fact that they put a letter under my door stating they were respecting my request for privacy but if I needed anything, to contact them directly. The WiFi was a decent speed with easy connection. And the hotel itself is just outside of what I would consider city centre but an easy walk to any local pub/store/restaurant. Plenty of parking available as well at the hotel, and a bus station right out front. Very easy walk to the Station as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no neighbors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

Matt Byram

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked in as part of a two night pamper package hen do, upon arrival female receptionist was extremely rude about asking our party of 7 to move our luggage away from the desk. Thankfully we were rescued from her poor attitude by hotel concierge who was helpful, polite and made us feel very welcome throughout our entire stay.
Once checked in proceeded to the health club for pamper treatments, I was booked in for a facial. Entered the treatment room and almost immediately slipped on spilt oil all over the floor, injured back and left with a rather large bruise! Not the start to hen do I had planned!!Disappointing for a 4* hotel to have treatment rooms in such a state! even more disappointed at the way this was handled! Therapist continued as if nothing had happened, I had to ask duty manager to log in the accident book, not once offered to see a first aider. Leisure manager dealt with the matter reluctantly and with no empathy or apology.
Amongst other things bar service is slow, no tea spoons at breakfast, had to pour yoghurt out onto a soup spoon as it wouldn't fit into the yoghurt pot!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

I can assure you that all of the issues you have raised will be discussed with the appropriate departmental managers and I can only apologise for the accident that you had during your stay.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I will state now hotel reviews are relative to the price you pay; we got a good deal and paid just over £70:00 pounds per room per night bed and breakfast and got two well equipped adjoining rooms for; me, my wife and our two youngest children; The rooms were fine and had everything we needed but there was however external noise throughout the night from air-ducts (I think) which was a little intrusive. We ate in the dining room and the food was quite good but expensive; breakfast was ok too. We did not use the gym but made use of the pool area which my youngest child loved; parking was extra as was broadband in your room (again expensive); I also think that adult movie advertising in the room in this day in age should be reviewed. This brings me onto the staff; the lady on the desk in the fitness suite the first time we went in seemed to view my family as an inconvenience this I'm pleased to say was in complete contrast to all the other hotel staff who could only be described as amazing; The receptionists, bar staff, restaurant staff were all brilliant and are a real credit to this hotel. I would probably stay here again; A big thank you to the excellent staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank richie42
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I will pass on your feedback to the relevant managers.

Essex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel following a concert. It was close to the city centre and all amenities. Room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. Reception staff were excellent and gave good advice regarding restaurants and things to do whilst we were there. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here recently for one night only with my husband as we were going to a concert in Leeds. We stayed with hotel points so the room was free. ON checking in we were offerd an upgrade to a suite for £34 which we accepted.
The suite ws very large with a living room kingsize bedroom and large corner bath. The bathroom was lovely and modern. Dressing gowns and slippers were provided as were buscuits and chocolates.
The room wsa clean with the exception of a used cigarette but on the inside window sill.
Breakfast ws nice enough though there was no option for vegetariam sasages that i saw. As another guest mentioned we had to ask staff to bring tea and coffee as we had been forgotten.
On the morning of check out we were disturbed by the maid attempting to enter the room and it would be a suggestion that the staff could check which rooms had been checked out of before disturbing guests.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will certainly mention these housekeeping issues to our Housekeeping Manager.

Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel feels a little shabby for its 4* rating but is generally fine - in particular the bed linen is lovely, crisp white sheets and a duvet that has some depth to it: good snuggle factor. Similarly towels are thicker than I'm becoming familiar with as many hotels look to cut costs

However the place is badly let down by the breakfast service -
1) Guests left standing, waiting for someone to take their room number so they can go and find a table,
2) Table service appalling - getting coffee is a major challenge I've now been there two nights and on both mornings have had to interrupt reception staff having a chat to get some service
3) This morning for the third day in succession I watched a table sprayed with chemical cleaner without first removing the milk jug....
My breakfast times have been during the week and fairly quiet - The staff appear utterly disinterested in the guests or to quote a colleague who's been there for 6 weeks now .... "they hide." I'm booked in for 30 or so nights and on day 3 I'm seriously thinking about relocating

Room Tip: North side rooms overlook a busy main street - but in fairness the sound insulation is pretty good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cuillin09
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest

After reading your email I would firstly like to apologise that you have not had a good experience with our breakfast service lately.
From the content of your email I think you have already sent your feedback through to our Reception team and that you should have received a personal response from our General Manager yesterday.
If this is not the case please do contact us again.

Louise Styler
PA to General Manager
Boston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just had a lovely week-end up in Leeds staying overnight at the hotel to celebrate a family birthday. From arriving to leaving everything was good, the staff are so friendly and take the time to have a chat with you making you feel very welcome and not just a name on their list. The room was clean and the air con actually worked which was a bonus in the hot weather, bathroom clean & fluffy towels together with nice toiletries. We went to the spa after walking round Leeds and found the pool, steam & sauna all very good and all in working order, unlike some hotels we have stayed in. The hotel is situated a little out of town but you can still walk there, we thought that was a bonus as we had a good nights sleep as it was so quiet. We did get a taxi into town on the Sat evening and it was only £3.50 can't complain about that but walked back to the Hotel after having a good meal in Bibi's!!
All in all we had a very good week-end and when next we visit Leeds we shall certainly stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was so quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family