“ Crowne plaza hotel Leeds”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. I would certainly recommend a stay here. Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Beds are comfy with pillows that are plump and not dirty flat wedges.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just back from watching Tour de France and our stay was made really special due to the brilliant staff, In particular Matt the receptionist. He was so helpful and had lovely manner. He gave as all sort of great advice and recommended two great restaurants. The room was very clean and despite the hotel being very busy the staff at breakfast were very attentive and cheery. The poor chef was making poached eggs for a rugby team and I thought I would have to wait ages for mine but the service was quick and the quality of the breakfast food was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel 4th July, to be at the start of Tour-de-France, Lovely spacious room, (not very good view from window) but we were only in the room to shower change and sleep, the room spotless, good bathroom, very comfy bed, and awoke refreshed, and ready for breakfast which was really nice and varied all sorts of cereal, yogurts fresh fruit, nuts, continental choice or full English, we were now ready to face the crowds.
The staff were super and so very lovely, and nothing was any trouble, would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. Didn't have particular expectations but was pleasantly surprised. To the hotel's credit: a) the reception staff are very friendly b) the gym is well equipped c) room was spacious, with some nice finishing touches. Perhaps there could have been a little more information about facilities in the room. All said-n enjoyable stay, and if back in Leeds would strongly consider using again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JonnersB

Reviewed 2 July 2014

One of the most enthusiastic welcomes at reception I think I've ever had...even though I'd never stayed here before! Good check in. Comfortable room with a few nice touches, that you often don't get in hotel chains like this, including a complimentary bottle of water, biscuits, a couple of mints and some aromatherapy spray/fluid for a good nights sleep (not that I needed it). Breakfast was fine. Only niggle was I couldn't get onto the free wifi. About a 15 minute walk from the centre and 10 minutes from the train station.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here many times over the last 15 years, it is nice to see that something's haven't changed. The hotel is still quite a grand affair, just a little tired in places (nothing that a makeover wouldn't correct).

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel presents everything you would expect in the Holiday Inn group.

Stayed: June 2014
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a good nights stay last night.

Great location near the city centre, only about 10 mins walk to the main shopping area. The hotel has a reasonable amount of parking at £10 for an over night parking.

We had a great, warm welcome from the front desk staff, Matt & Hayley were very welcoming. Our room was not ready, but we had arrived early, which was not a problem. We left our bag and went into Leeds shopping.

We had taken the deluxe double room, which was clean and tidy but a little dated in its decor and furniture. We had chocolates and a bottle of wine in the package. I must be honest don't bother getting it, you would be better getting a bottle from the supermarket. I had to take it to reception as it was not drinkable in my opinion, and they offered a couple of drinks in the bar as an alternative.

We had a good nights sleep and well cooked breakfast. Again we got a warm welcome by the restaurant staff. On check out Matt was on duty again and made time to ask how our stay had been and time in Leeds.

Yes we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get the drinks package and chocolates in your room, buy and take with you.