“Excellent value for money”

Discovery Inn Leeds
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed last night and a friend and I had booked a single room each as near to a lift as possible as I am slightly disabled. All had been taken care of, I was opposite the lift, brilliant.
I had read reviews before booking so understood the booking in procedure etc.
We were very pleased indeed with our rooms, both large for singles, and having all the things we needed. Hairdryer, tea and coffee, tele, plenty of clothes hanging space but above all very clean.
The booking in gentleman on the desk was very helpful, the housemaid we met in the morning was very polite and the breakfast room staff were really pleasant.
I will return to Discovery Inn, Leeds, if I need to stay in the city again.

Room Tip: Make sure you say what type of room you want on your booking form. Say whether shower or bath. If...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel last night. The service we received was shocking. Rude staff, dirty room, noisy and over priced. Wish we'd spent a bit more for a nicer hotel. I've stayed in nicer hostels!! Receptionist was very unhelpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

A very conveniently located inn, literally about 100m from the train station. This place was nice and clean but the room which I stayed in was small (double). It was not too bad though, it was decorated nicely and the bathroom had a great shower.

This place is nothing special and does the trick if you are just passing through. For those who are moving on, the train station is just across the building and there is also a direct link to the Leeds Bradford airport. This is also located near the shops and bars.

The only complaint I have (and this is very minor) is that wi-fi was not free and it can get noisy as you are next to the station. Apart from that I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jason-ho-01
Herent, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Ok, it was cheap. Ok, it is really close to the train station and when you arrive at night and you have to give a speech the next day, that is really nice. Ok, the girl at the reception was kind. Ok...but the atmosphere of the hotel and of the room was too close to the one of Danny Boyle's Trainspotting. The building was not projected to be an hotel and, if that can be sometimes exciting, here the result was scary: walk for minutes in empty and bad lighted corridors to reach the room.And then you have the room. It was not clean: on the chair and on the carpet there were suspicious white spots (I have an idea but I'm not going to write it here), the two mugs supposed to be use for drink coffee were, simply, dirty. There was no light in the shower, so you have to take a shower in the dark. The washbasin didn't empty so I brushed my teeth at night and the dirty water was still there in the morning. The bed had also seen better days and for the tv-remote you have to give 10 pound as guarantee...
Nice, thus,...if you are drunk.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

For the room alone its okay, i got a nice fan which made it cooler. Didnt enjoy the fact that one or two of the guests were very loud at night. But i kept my door locked shut, and i enjoyed the fast internet spacious room, and good location.

Not bad, decent, but can be a bit loud surroundings

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I spent 2 nights here (a last minute decision to do a weekend course in Leeds and a last minute deal!) I wouldn't stay again, mainly because of the extremity of noise from neighbouring rooms, but also because the hotel was a bit on the grubby side (although my room was clean) and in need of updating. It was more like a hostel than an hotel. I paid £70 which I realised on arrival was significantly overpriced for what was on offer.
It could be that I just picked a bad weekend, but hotel seemed suited by rowdy groups, or hen/ stag parties.The bedroom walls seemed paper thin and I was disturbed on both nights by rowdy noise from the room next door to the point where it became necessary for me to complain to the manager. To give him is due, he was very helpful and I was able to get a better nights sleep on the second night. My room was on the top floor and I had a very small window in the roof so could only really see the tips of the tallest buildings or bits of sky. The continental buffet was very basic and definitely not worth the price . My overall verdict , I'm afraid, is a thumbs down.
On the upside the hotel is very close to the train station and well located in the centre of Leeds.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, booked through booking.com at the reduced rate of £40.00 rather than £80.00.

Have to say, there is no way I would have paid £80.00. The room was clean, bed not very comfortable, bathroom ok. A couple of the plug sockets didn't work, plugged in phone only to find still not charged!!!

We paid the extra for the breakfast, but only had a coffee and toast so not sure that it was worth us paying, however others having breakfast got the £3.75 worth plus more. Lady at receiption was nice, and we did pay the deposit for the remote control...which was given back on leaving.

As others have said, the hotel is ideal as so close to station, but I would have to say if I was going to Leeds again I will look for other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business