“CLEAN,SPACIOUS AND CLOSE TO STATION”

Discovery Inn Leeds
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were only staying for 1 night.We found the location great and the man on reception(Dale?)really friendly and helpful.I don't know why such a lot of other reviewers say the staff were rude.Our room was on the10th floor-it was large and clean.We had a great view of the city.My only moan is the smell from the shower room.This could be from the amount of water that spilled onto the floor despite using the curtain correctly.It was the smell of mould.But as we were staying for 1 night only,we decided not to mention the matter.We didn't have breakfast as my daughter had stayed before and knew that there was no cooked breakfast-off to Yates we went.But overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 March 2014

As the many reviews of this hotel have stated, Discovery Inn is a perfectly adequate budget hotel in a central location. The rooms are attractively decorated, warm, plenty of hot water, welcome tray etc. 24-hour Reception. Excellent breakfast - cereals, grapefruit segments, ham, cheese, jams, rolls, breads, croissants, fresh filter coffee (a big plus in my book) all for £3.75. Best not to whinge if there is the odd noise of guests coming and going and from aircon units outside - this isn't the Ritz! I moved rooms on my first visit, but made allowances this time, eg the shower didn't work, but there was a bath in the enormous bathroom (all rooms vary in size and layout; also, I assume, in noise levels). I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are arriving by train and are planning to explore further afield - Harrogate and Skipton, for example, are within easy reach.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw, all rooms vary in size and position. 1001 in adjoining building - no 'through...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank luxurylover28
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel, right in the centre of Leeds offers good value for money. I had a twin room which was very spacious, clean and tidy. Quick and easy check in and out. Would stay again. Convenient for railway station, trinity walk and of course the Scarborough Tapps

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PaulandSam2013
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Needed a room to stay for my son and me the night before we went on a post-application day at Leeds University. This hotel was great for what we needed. We paid £40 for the night, and my parents joined us and paid £35 (paying in advance). Breakfast was £3.75 each extra but was well worth it. A good choice in a pretty breakfast room.
Our bedroom was huge and worked well for a one-night stay. The room was fairly basic but perfectly acceptable. Staff were polite and helpful. Reception is not on the ground floor and you need to access it via a lift.
A few little luxury touches would brighten the room, and the lift seemed to have a life of its own at times but basically this is a good choice for budget accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RichmondLass5
Reviewed 10 March 2014

this hotel is ideally situated opposite the train station but with that comes the noise from the trains and the ring road if you get a room on the front of the hotel.
I visited with my sister for 2 nights on the 3rd of march room was spacious and bathroom a good size.asked for extra pillows only paid £40 per night so was good value.would stay again but would ask for a room away from traffic.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from traffic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank werelupe
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Considering we only paid £50 for the room it was great! Walked out of the train station and hotel was first thing we saw! Brilliant location. Rooms a bit dated but plenty of space! David on reception was very friendly & helpful and made sure me and my friends got rooms together and we had a good stay :-)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kayleigh S
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I stopped here 1 night on business, Tuesday 4th April advertised £40 a night week days and weekend. We were pleasantly surprised friendly welcome, clean and well presented, the room was very spacious room 1003. Continental breakfast all you can eat great value at only £3.75. Pictures on the internet didn't do this hotel justice, location 50m from the train station, 100m from the car park which if you enter after 6pm and leave before 9am the hotel will give you a discount voucher , so the cost of the parking was £2.80. Would use again for work or a cheap weekend away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business