“Just the job ...”

Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Ponte
“Just the job ...”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed last weekend following manic street preachers gig at first direct arena. Very impressed lovely room, very clean and a more than adequate continental breakfast. Best night's sleep I have ever had in a hotel very quiet. Good location fir station to drop your bags off before hitting the city but a good 15 minutes walking from the arena. At 47 quid for two....bargain

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joolsziggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This is a first for me I never ever wtite reviews but I do read them. However, after visiting The Discovery Hotel I felt I must. After searching for an age for a room for 3 in Central Leeds at an affordable price I managed to find The Discovery Hotel at the 11th hour for £100 per night. Hotel was very easy to find and within walking distance to all the café bars and restaurants as well as the City Centre. Also straight across from the train station too. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a really friendly and helpful gentlemen called David. He's friendly manner instantly put you at ease and nothing was to much bother. Our room was clean and well dressed. As my daughter is studying at Leeds Met and I have tried other hotels I will definately be using the Duscovery Hotel again and recommending it to my family and friends.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bcullen123_5
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Me and my partner visited this weekend having come to see Miranda at the arena. We came out from the train station and within two minutes were at the hotel. David on reception was lovely and welcoming and the room was clean and had everything we needed. A couple more pillows would be nice but we will be coming back for definate

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were only staying for 1 night.We found the location great and the man on reception(Dale?)really friendly and helpful.I don't know why such a lot of other reviewers say the staff were rude.Our room was on the10th floor-it was large and clean.We had a great view of the city.My only moan is the smell from the shower room.This could be from the amount of water that spilled onto the floor despite using the curtain correctly.It was the smell of mould.But as we were staying for 1 night only,we decided not to mention the matter.We didn't have breakfast as my daughter had stayed before and knew that there was no cooked breakfast-off to Yates we went.But overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wimbledon, London
Reviewed 21 March 2014

As the many reviews of this hotel have stated, Discovery Inn is a perfectly adequate budget hotel in a central location. The rooms are attractively decorated, warm, plenty of hot water, welcome tray etc. 24-hour Reception. Excellent breakfast - cereals, grapefruit segments, ham, cheese, jams, rolls, breads, croissants, fresh filter coffee (a big plus in my book) all for £3.75. Best not to whinge if there is the odd noise of guests coming and going and from aircon units outside - this isn't the Ritz! I moved rooms on my first visit, but made allowances this time, eg the shower didn't work, but there was a bath in the enormous bathroom (all rooms vary in size and layout; also, I assume, in noise levels). I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are arriving by train and are planning to explore further afield - Harrogate and Skipton, for example, are within easy reach.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw, all rooms vary in size and position. 1001 in adjoining building - no 'through...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank luxurylover28
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel, right in the centre of Leeds offers good value for money. I had a twin room which was very spacious, clean and tidy. Quick and easy check in and out. Would stay again. Convenient for railway station, trinity walk and of course the Scarborough Tapps

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PaulandSam2013
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Needed a room to stay for my son and me the night before we went on a post-application day at Leeds University. This hotel was great for what we needed. We paid £40 for the night, and my parents joined us and paid £35 (paying in advance). Breakfast was £3.75 each extra but was well worth it. A good choice in a pretty breakfast room.
Our bedroom was huge and worked well for a one-night stay. The room was fairly basic but perfectly acceptable. Staff were polite and helpful. Reception is not on the ground floor and you need to access it via a lift.
A few little luxury touches would brighten the room, and the lift seemed to have a life of its own at times but basically this is a good choice for budget accommodation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family