“Felt very welcomed,friendly service, rooms were clean fresh and had a wounderful stay over at leeds,thanks.”

Discovery Inn Leeds
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
bolton
Reviewed 8 July 2010

When we arrived at the discovery inn Dave made us feel very welcome, they were very friendly, the rooms were fine, clean, fresh & nicely presented,With only a walkin distance from the town centre, With night life abit further out, but only a taxi ride. I went to leeds with my sister and 9 of our friends for my sisters 30th birthday we all had a very good stay over and brilliant nite.So thanks again to dave & the staff @the discovery inn. X
the girls from bolton

• Stayed June 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 20 June 2010

love this hotel especially for a shopping and/or night out in Leeds, no fuss nothing fancy just clean and friendly, across the road from the station and near to shops and nightlife. David on reception is especially helpful and very funny, he always remembers us and always has a joke. The triple rooms are spacious, with double and single beds and good value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Scarborough, England
Reviewed 31 May 2010

After reading some of the other reviews I was terrified about what I was going to find, but I was pleasantly surprised.

A few groups of us visited Leeds for Slam Dunk, and chose Discovery Inn as it's literally over the road from the train station. We arrived just after 2pm (which is check in time) and my room wasn't ready yet, but the receptionist was very friendly and apologetic and the hotel was pretty busy. Luckily I could leave my things in my friend's room and they'd put our rooms very close together.

We then left the hotel and didn't return until about 2am, but despite the fact there were a lot of groups staying the night the hotel was very quiet.
This is where I have my two issues with the hotel though.

The first was that the layout is pretty complicated. The reception is on the 3rd floor, and I think the hotel must be split across two buildings, with the ground to 6th floors in one building and 7th to 10th floors in another. As I was on the 8th floor I had real trouble finding the reception in the morning, though I was pretty hungover.

My second issue is that the hotel doesn't provide duvets for some reason. The only things on my bed, and in the two other rooms we had, were a sheet on the mattress, another sheet to lie under, a thin blanket over that and then finally a bed throw. When I first got to bed it was pretty freezing, even with the extra blanket out of the bottom of the wardrobe.

Despite these things the hotel was by FAR better than my recent stay at Leeds Travelodge, even though it was cheaper. The staff were helpful and friendly; the rooms simple, clean and tidy; the hotel lovely and quiet, and in a great location. I really enjoyed my weekend and I'm a very happy customer. Can't wait until next year!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I was staying in the Discovery Inn in Leeds the 2nd time within half a year and I really need to say that it is one of the better places I ever booked a room in when being in England (taken into consideration the price range).

The rooms are clean and big, front desk people are friendly and the place is located just a 2min walk away from the central train station.

A good choice whenever you wanna make it to Leeds.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
england
Reviewed 29 April 2010

where can i start no lift working[it was promised on the 23] no porter, curtain hanging of rail, no glass..Asked if we wanted breakfast in our room we said yes [what a disaster] cold toast only one plate a couple of cheese slices and horr. ham, no pot of tea or coffee the whole thing was awfull..we went downstairs to eat the next 3 days..This hotel is tired and out of date is only suitable for cheap rooms and the location of railway station...the room was cleaned every days and fresh towels put in .no remote for tv,..no lounge ,no bar, sorry would not recommend this hotel there is better ones near by for the same price,, we will be booking in at the travel lodge in the future......

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

London
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I came up from London, stayed for one night in Leeds Discovery Inn on Monday 26th April 2010, (room 335) but was shocked to have left with red itchy spots which after much research appear to be BED BUGS (never had them before!) and now I have to steam, smoke and wash everything in sight. Very disappointed and upset.

Otherwise, Leeds is a great city. Really friendly people and great history.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Cheshire
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We booked this hotel for a hen do. We wanted simple clean accomodation. The 3 star rating and the hotel's website indicated that this hotel would be suitable. The website said that the hotel had recently been refurbished. If this is true then I am at a loss to see where any refurbishment has taken place. The site said the hotel lift was not in use but a porter would be on hand to help with bags. This wasn't true! Our first room had no shower, when we asked to change rooms we were told "I knew you lot were going to be trouble" The second room we were sent to was for 2 people not 4 and as we entered there were people already staying in there! The 3rd room at first seemed okay however, we discovered a huge wet patch on the carpet that when we put a white towel over it it turned yellow. We concluded that this was wee!! There was chewing gum stuck to the window sill, old food stuck to the bed covers, stains all over the ceiling. The only good point was the bed sheets were clean. The shower didn't work in our friend's room. When we booked we asked the price of a single room and were told £40. When we got there it was £55 and he wouldn't budge on this. Rooms at the Marriot were £55 so to pay that for this slum was absurd! The website decieves you into thinking that this is a basic but decent hotel. This is not the case at all. I will always now go for travel lodges and premier inn type places when we want simply a clean hotel room for the night! It does not deserve the 3 star rating. The receptionist was friendly but not very professional and he certainly did not seem equipped to deal with complaints and you very much got the impression that he was used to the reaction he got from us. I would strongly warn against staying at this hotel as there are far nicer ones in Leeds for the same price.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends