“Poor”
Review of Boxpizza - CLOSED

Boxpizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Although service was prompt, when the pizza arrived it was luke warm, there was little to no topping, lacking in cheese particularly! For the price the quality was not acceptable. Will not be ordering from here again.

2  Thank Jess P

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Boxpizza used to be a weekly treat. I had them deliver to my home and even work when we were doing long shifts. The pizza was always good and worth the wait. I've been a customer since I moved to Leeds more than three years ago and used to recommend Boxpizza to everyone. No longer - standards have slipped throughout their offering.
They must have had a change of management or staff... or maybe just a change of attitude or a change of heart, because on the past three consecutive times I've ordered from them they have messed up and have not dealt with the mess they've made very well at all.
In the (fairly distant) past I remember Boxpizza sending free cake for a long waiting time that we weren't even angry about because they had phoned us and warned us about it. We were touched and charmed, it made me love Boxpizza all the more. Maybe this is why it is so disappointing that something that was so good is no more.
The first time they messed up, there was a crucial ingredient missing on the pizza. Pizza is a simple dish and a missing ingredient can render it completely unappetising. We told them and they listened and explained they had a new chef... but they didn't actually do anything about it... they didn't even offer a casual "sorry"... which I noted at the time as fairly poor, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered again. Again the same missing ingredient (again that was specified on the order in the bit where you can tailor-make your pizza and therefore something we had paid extra for as well). Action to remedy the situation was not forthcoming so we had to complain... and after much hassle they sent out the missing ingredient. Then the last time, they delivered earlier than the time we had specified and penalised us for not being there by taking the pizza away! Not only that but they were rude and defensive to boot! Escalating it to the manager only revealed further layers of apathy towards customer care in the business.
They've also cut back on their opening hours - they used to deliver til 11pm (and it still says so on their Facebook page) but when I called just before 10pm some time between the second and third disappointment (a further fourth disappointment) a couldn't-care-less staff member told me they'd just shut.
So I can't use Boxpizza again. I risk further disappointment in the pizza itself and in the poor customer service. I actually feel really upset about this because it used to be so good!
I know it's sad to care about pizza so much but I do and Boxpizza used to bring me much happiness with their pizzas, it wasn't just about filling up. It used to be something consistently good to look forward to. But that's a simple pleasure that just doesn't exist any more :(

3  Thank BiddyHoliday
Reviewed 26 February 2014

When this company get it right, you have an OK pizza. When they get it wrong, you have missed toppings and pizzas delivered at completely the wrong times. And they are not good at taking any sort of criticism. So if you fancy a gamble in the hope of getting a reasonable pizza, then these are your go-to people. If you want a pizza that matches your order in the timescales requested, look elsewhere.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

After reading the reviews on this site I got myself a box pizza takeaway a few weeks ago. My expectations were high. After reading tripadvisor and boxpizza's website I imagined a traditional italian dough with top quality toppings made in a proper wood burning pizza oven. In reality, this place was more on par with a standard commercial pizza takeaway. The pizza was good, don't get me wrong, and it was good value for money, but it was nothing special i'm afraid. I've had far far better in Leeds. If i lived locally I would go again, but i certainly won't be rushing back.

HOWEVER the thing that disappointed me most was what I saw in the kitchen. I had a peer round the door and watched the chefs at work. They had no protective gloves on and were using bare hands to assemble the pizzas. Ordinarily this would be fine (provided hands were washed properly), but I watched the chef eat some of the toppings with his bare hands whilst cooking, and carry on preparing the pizza! I'm by no means a hygiene freak, but this was unacceptable.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Pizza was excellent not greasy or over salty delivery can be about slow but worth waiting for, would def recommend .