“Authentic cuisine”

Ranked #289 of 1,928 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean, Moroccan, Tapas Located on the outskirts of the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire on edge of the famous Temple Newsam Estate. Moreno's made its debut in the restaurant scene in the beginning of 2002. Oliver’s award winning, Moreno’s restaurant provides guests with an unforgettable culinary experience. Alongside mouthwatering Moroccan tagines, guests can enjoy a full selection of steaks, fish and poultry from the grill and a delicious collection of tapas -light bites dishes- from the tapas bar. Guests are guaranteed fantastic food in comfortable and intimate atmosphere.
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Visited midweek with friends! I have seen the Morenos sign often is I passed by but have never ventured inside.
We were met with a smile and shown to our table- we had a living social voucher which entitled us to wine and a main course and couscous- I opted for a spicy chicken tangine

. The food arrived piping hot and was very flavoursome with good quality ingredients and a good mix of spices and herbs. I did wish I'd ordered a portion of potatoes to go with the dish rather than the cous cous as for me that would've been a better combination. Other meals at our table were lamb dishes- nobody left anything!
We all had desserts- can definitely recommend the lemon cheesecake.
The owner came out to talk to us once we'd finished eating-which I like- he was really friendly and keen to know what we had thought of our food .
All in all a very enjoyable evening,

2  Thank Lou Lou B

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I decided to try this place for a change and I'm so glad I did. This is one of the nicest meals I have had in a restaurant and it was the early bird menu! I had the soup and then the lamb meatballs.

I thoroughly enjoyed both dishes and the mint tea was a refreshing change.

I will be back the next time I am in the area on business.

1  Thank samfan123
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Great Morrocan restaurant -we had a living social voucherand were made to feel completely at ease - nothing was too much trouble. The starters did take a while to come but when they arrived they were obviously all freshly prepared. Lovel feta salad and some of the best deep fried calamari ever had.
The tagines were superb particularly the lamb with prunes ,almond and honey.
We were the only diners which could have made for an uncomfortable evening but in reality meant that the owner/chef came and chatted and added to what was a pleasnt evening.
Will certainly go again

1  Thank 1501sue
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Thank you for a wonderful evening. Please thank your staff also. the food was fantastic again that s why we keep coming back and we will recommend you to everyone we talk to!!
Tom and Michelle

1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Me and the hubby visited morenos for our anniversary meal this is such a fantastic restaurant hassan and staff are great .we ordered calamari starter and a king prawn both served with a generous portion of salad .main meals were lemon chicken with olives tagline and lamb moreno we ordered veg and couscous side dishes absolute scrumptious not a crumb left on plate. Deffo a place to visit .

2  Thank JANAPN
Lahcen L, Owner at Moreno's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

It was nice to see you both again, glad you enjoyed your evening with us. Hope to see you soon.
Hassan and staff