“Great venue for a casual lunch”
Review of Prohibition Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Prohibition Bar & Grill
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great venue for a casual lunch”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had lunch with my Husband on a particularly dismal day in Leeds. We tried Prohibition on speck and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch! My Husband had the pizza offer, freshly baked with a side salad. I had duck with hoi sin sauce in a wrap and side salad. Both dishes were tasty and served piping hot! Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The food and drinks are reasonably priced. My only criticism is having the food served on boards, what's wrong with old fashioned plates? We will certainly go again. Will recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank WestYorkshireFlossy

“Good atmosphere & music”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We went to Akbars for food then crossed over the road to Prohibition so didn't eat. It was a Saturday night, decors very good and very busy venue with good atmosphere and reasonably priced drinks. Would recommend a visit on a weekend.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lord_Deggers
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great choice for Saturday Night drinks and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

My friend and I were having a weekend shopping trip in Leeds.
Having been recommended various bars and area we visited Greek Street in Leeds.
Prohibition bar had great music and everyone seemed very friendly, not wanting to start the War of the Roses again but a lot better than its counterpart in Manchester. As with every bar it has a best time to visit and it would seem between 11 and 12.30 before the demographics change but certainly one to be put on the list when visiting.
Greek Street has some nice bars and restaurants close by.

1 Thank SarahLouJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in leeds!”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Went far my first visit but definitely not the last! I walked in at lunchtime and it was fairly quiet but we grabbed a table and ordered the special pizza of the day based on the waitress recommendation. Chorizo, sundried tomatoes and mascarpone cheese is the future of pizza! Probably one if the best pizzas I have ever had. Great service from the bar!

1 Thank Sidney ray L
lancashire
“Great cocktails”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Really good happy hour cocktails and pizzas. Big group of friends, been here a few times when visiting Leeds.

Visited September 2012