“Just the ticket in city centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Met Hotel Leeds

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
cumbria
“Just the ticket in city centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Enjoyed a super two night break in this hotel,room was good, breakfast excellent ,and location could not have been better.Found a nice place for a drink just 2 minutes from the hotel , Henrys cafe/bar comfortable surroundings and reasonable prices and La Tasca next door to Henrys was great for lunch.Also if you can try and get to WHITELOCKS IN TURKS HEAD YARD ,1 it is a great pub a step back in time almost and well worth your effort to find it you will not be disappointed .I had a couple of pints of Porter great stuff.Finally a super stay was had by all and i would not hesitate using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Your review is very much appreciated so thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It is through this feedback we can improve on our standards and the level of service we provide.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our excellent location. I hope to welcome you back to The Met, Leeds in the near future.

If you would like to provide us with further information about your stay please contact our Guest Relations Officer at daniel.harvey@principal-hayley.com and he will be more than happy to help.

Simone Sansom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

Perfect location 5 mins from train station. Fab price for 2 nights, breakfast lovely breakfast room lovely. Room ok ..double bed and I'm used to a super kingside ! Rooms on website look a bit better than in real life ! Lovely building so need to update all rooms with at least all kingside beds!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have bedrooms with king size beds but these are within our executive doubles.

manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed at the Met Hotel in Leeds in November 2012 when I was travelling on business. I originally found the Met Hotel prices searching online but wasn’t sure if the price included breakfast so I called the Met and, after offering me the same room at a more expensive rate, they offered to price match. I was a bit suspicious that I might just end up with one of their worst rooms, I’m not sure if the room rate has anything to do with it but I did.

When I arrived in my room the heating was off, even though it was close to freezing outside. I took hours for the radiator to get the room warm – I doubt that this room had been used recently. Whilst the public rooms look very nice, my bedroom looked jaded and well worn – the door was bashed, the carpet looked like it had seen better days, and all the furniture looked like it was from the 80’s. The batteries in the TV remote control were barely working too.

However, the worst thing about the room were the windows – they were draughty and let in all the noise from the street. Consequently, with all the service traffic, I was awoken a number of times during the night.

The breakfast was nice except that orange juice and grapefruit juice both tasted like they had been extremely watered down – if they had, then this is shameful.

Overall this is not a 4 star hotel in terms of quality or style, I travel to Leeds regularly on business and won't be staying there again.

1 Thank starsign

I would like to apologise for the issues you faced during your stay with us. We do have quiet rooms available throughout the property which are available upon request.

Simone Sansom

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here several times this year for work purposes. Room booked through agent for work so can't comment fully on price but from the invoice a single room B&B seems reasonable.

Hotel is very nice, reception is smart and well kept and gives a good impression.

Staff are vey helpful, friendly and polite.

Single rooms are ideal for overnight stays and while not large have enough space, they are clean and well maintained.

Hotel may benefit from double glazing or secondary glazing, which brings me to my average score for sleep quality.......

This is not a reflection on the rooms as such but on each occasion I have stayed my sleep has been disturbed by a combination of early morning deliveries (for the bar by the sound of it) or bin collections.

Breakfast is very nice, while not the biggest selection it has always been quality and there are specials on the board.

Not sure what other bigger rooms are like but if the singles given to business customers are an indication I'd suspect they are good quality.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

I am very pleased you had a positive experience during your stay with us. I do hope you choose to book again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Met, Leeds in the near future.

newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Met for a 2night weekend break through super break, I sent an
e-mail to Daniel Harvey, (GUEST RELATIONS) requesting a quiet room on the 6th floor and he made
our stay more memorable by accommodating us in an executive double,the room being very
large &the bed huge & comfy.There was a good range of food at breakfast, rangeing from
fresh fruit, cereals to the full english.The staff were very efficient & friendly throughout the
hotel. Make a point of noticeing the fantastic staircase within the hotel.
We would recommend this hotel which is very close & easy to find near the railway station.

Room Tip: rooms on the 6th floor are quiet rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

It was very nice to have read such positive comments about the hotel and our staff. I will also ensure your comments are passed on to Daniel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Met, Leeds in the near future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel has a grand reception which is somehow counter-productive as the room I was in was definitely not to the same standard.
The bathroom was new but the rest of the room felt rather dated, definitely not like the rooms in the photos. Nothing to stop anyone having a good rest, but the luxurious feel of the reception is definitely not carried out to the room.

For the rest, the staff was really friendly and helpful making it a real pleasure to deal with them.

I had dinner in the restaurant, but the food was just average for the prices charged.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

I am sorry to have read we did not meet your expectations during your stay at The Met, Leeds. I am however very pleased you found our members of staff to be friendly and helpful.

Walsall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Booked a two night stay at The Met through the Superbreak site. It was a very good deal giving two nights bed and breakfast and dinner on the first night for £139. The hotel is being refurbed at the moment and there was a strong smell of fresh paint in the corridors. The Met is an old establishment and the rooms are quite dated, old stlye TV's and dated furniture. The staff are mostly quite young and a little inexperienced, however they were very friendly and overall the service was good. The evening meal was at best average and the menu is limited. Our first two choices of wine were out of stock and some of the menu options were also unavailable. Not good for a 4 star city centre hotel. The bed was very soft and it was noisy during the night. The hotel boasts a gym, when we went to look it consists of some free weights and one cycle!! Had we paid the going rate I would be very unhappy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I am sorry to have read we did not meet your expectations during your stay at The Met, Leeds. I will ensure the points you have raised will be addressed with the appropriate managers in order for us to resolve any future issues.