“Definition of meh”

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Definition of meh”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Before I go any further I want to say how easily pleased my partner and I are, it doesn't take much to please us. Which is what's bizarre about the met in Leeds. It's so close to being a great hotel but there's too many little things that ruin it, dodgy stains on curtains chipped paint on windows lack of staff during Monday breakfast, cracked teapots etc all small things that ruin the experience eradicate these small things, work on the attention to detail and you have a cracker of a hotel on your hands.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear RobDav82,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. It is through these reviews that we are able to constantly check our current service and offering.

I appreciate your most constructive of feedback. It is most often the little things that make an experience and to hear that we fell short on so many of these is very concerning.
Your comments were recently used as a foundation for our progressive training. The purpose of this was to better assess how we can make a positive impact on a guests experience. These changes have been put into immediate action and we are noticing a vast improvement.

I do hope that you may return to us in the future so that you may judge these changes for yourself

Simone Sansom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Batheaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms basic but ok. Breakfast ok. Manager rude. Better hotels in Leeds for same price. Parking awful considering they charge £20 per day, spaces not even big enough for a smart car. Feels like it's been turned into a conference centre.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Frequent T,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the most enjoyable experience whilst staying with us. We value all feedback from guests and as a business we are constantly looking to better ourselves and adapt to best meet the needs of the modern day guest.
It was most disappointing to read that a number of factors affected you stay with us & this is certainly not reflective of the standard to which we usually operate.
The charge for our car park to which you made reference has been carefully compared to other City centre hotel car parks and we have found it to be very competitive, however we will take your comments on board and make an assessment to see if we are able to reduce this cost.
Your comments will allow us to assess our offering and adapt to ensure that we better fulfil our guests requirements in the future.

Simone Sansom

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Really sorry to say that I did not enjoy my stay at all. My room was facing a dirty court yard with bins, it was noisy as I kept hearing the lift and people in the corridor at night, the room was small dark and old fashioned, no wifi, the staff did their job but were not overly friendly. I couldn't even bare to stay for breakfast so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear MagnumMandy,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked on late deal ,not been to City before ,excellent location for city amenities ,room felt damp and cold also in need of update ,condensation on windows ,reception area ok ,bar fairly pricey ,breakfast extremely cold and uninspiring ,loved the city but would look for alternative accommodation for any future visits.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
Dear TimV

Thank you for your review, it is through these reviews that we are able to constantly assess and monitor our current offering to our guests.

It is disappointing to hear that you did not have a 100% enjoyable stay. Here at The Met the positive experience of our guests is of the upmost importance and to hear on this occasion we fell short of that is most disappointing.
Please be assured that we are currently going through a continual process to bring our rooms up to the standard which the modern day traveller expects.
I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future so we are able to show to you the true quality that we pride ourselves on

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Best described as faded grandeur. No wi-fi in room. Ancient TV - Not flatscreen - not even widescreen - incredibly grainy picture, but what else can you expect from televisions that are at least twenty years old? Decor dreadful in room - single glazed sash windows that rattle in the wind and stream with condensation by the morning. Paintwork poor - painted over very chipped and rotten wood without making good first. Previously damaged desk repaired with three panel pins and glue, but the edge was still splintery as I found when I got one in my finger. Carpeting in corridors threadbare in places where carpets join that have not been laid properly. Noisy creaking floorboards in room above caused me to lose a lot of sleep. The staff transferred me to the sixth floor for my second night to avoid this problem. They didn't tell me that the elevator only goes to the fifth floor. I am elderly and had to struggle with my suitcases up and down the flight of stairs to the attic level. The only positive things to say about this hotel are its proximity to the station and very helpful staff who do their best in a poorly maintained and managed hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear DickParris,

We are currently going through a productive upgrade of all our bedrooms which should bring them more in line with the current market demands.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 nights and got a bargain at £70 for the 2.
The room was small but very cozy and suited us perfectly.
The bathroom wasn't up to much but again ticked all the boxes.
The bed was comfy and we slept well.
Parking a total rip off, there are plenty of cheaper places to park in Leeds.
Tv didn't work, but after reading the other reviews I didn't expect it too!
I ventured to the gym, but that was disappointing. Only a couple of mats and medicine balls.
The wifi was stupidly expensive. Luckily a local Starbucks was were I spent my Internet time!
Will probably opt for something different when in Leeds next.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrfly1981,

Thank you for taking the time to leave comment on your experience, it is through comments such as yours that we are able to assess our offering to our guests.

It appears you have had a mixed experience whilst staying at The Met Hotel. I am pleased that you found the room & bathroom adequate to meet your needs, however I am a little perplexed by your comment regarding the price of WIFI. We offer complimentary internet throughout the hotel – wifi in the public areas and cabled internet in the bedrooms – no charge is ever made for this.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back at some point in the near future

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on the 10th October on business via a company booking. First impressions the hotel looked great. On check in there had been a slight problem with the company booking, however, the reception staff were brilliant and sorted this out for us no problem. The room met my needs, great shower, clean room with plenty of tea and coffee available in the room, an internet cable to connect the laptop to and a comfy bed. There was a great selection at breakfast, once again very friendly staff, and a good selection on offer. The breakfast was of a good quality and set us up nicely for the day ahead. The hotel is in a good location, short walk to the station and plenty of places nearby to eat and drink. Although we were only in Leeds on business for two days, the hotel more than met our needs and served a purpose for us. The staff were very polite and attentive and were a credit to the hotel.

Dear Tom S,

It was most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Met Hotel and that you were able to experience the service quality that we pride ourselves on.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

I do hope that we are able to continue to welcome you to The Met any time that you are in the area.

Once again thank you for your review

Yours sincerely