“Les Dock”

Carlisle UK
“Les Dock”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This is 2nd visit to this hotel and both have excellent service
This am we went down to breakfast not realising that it finished at9.30 but Kelly put her self out and ask Ryan the chef if he could prepare breakfast for us x4
No problem the breakfast arrived and was excellent as usual
Thank you for another great weekend and thanks to you pleasant and helpful staff we can certainly return to the Met

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Simone S, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Les_sandraD

Thank you for taking the time to leave comment on your experience here at The Met.

It is wonderful to hear that you have had multiple enjoyable experiences here at The Met Hotel and it is also very pleasing to hear that we were able to accommodate your wishes for breakfast.

I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all the team including Kelly and Ryan.

I hope that we are able to continually welcome you back to The Met many times more in the future

Simone Sansom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night,on a Saturday. Check in was smooth and friendly.reception looked nice.room on sixth floor was not what bi was expecting from a four star. Very small double bed pushed up against the wall,making it hard to get in and out of. Window that rattled all night.clean but odd bathroom,paint peeling off the bath! Two cheap looking rugs that were curling up on bedroom floor.premier inn near arena are much nicer rooms.only one hand and one bath towel between us.2 hairdryers though.
Breakfast was lovely,nice bacon and sausages.
Check out was efficient but not overly friendly, no asking if you'd had a nice stay etc.
I am a travel agent and was disappointed in the hotel, I would expect better from a four star.location is excellent.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nic110470
Dear Nic110470

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. Your constructive comments are very gratefully received allow us the opportunity to evaluate our offering and improve upon this for future guests.

As a result of your comments I am pleased to say that the bedroom which you stayed in has been booked in for a complete upgrade and transformation. I concur with your comments that it was not what you would expect from a 4* Hotel and as a result we will now be bringing it into line with the rest of the hotel.

I hope that at some point in the future you may be able to return to us to view the changes that we have made for yourself.

Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The reception experience was welcoming and I was checked-in by a friendly member of staff, who was interested in hearing about my stay at the sister hotel in London, the Russell.

The room (4th floor) was around the side of the hotel facing some offices, so not much of a view, but otherwise was pleasant enough although space was a little tight between the bed and the desk area. The room included complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and 30 minutes free Wi-Fi (although I couldn't get it to work so instead tethered from my mobile). Can't really understand why less expensive hotel chains are happy to provide free unlimited Wi-Fi to guests yet the more expensive hotels charge for Internet on top of the room rates...hotels should realise that Internet connection is seen by most guests as a 'must' these days.

The hotel is very convenient for the Railway Station (5 minutes walk) and the main shopping areas can be reached in 10-15 minutes on foot. The food in the hotel restaurant was a little pricy, but perhaps what you would expect from a premier hotel chain. I only ate breakfast there, which was plentiful and of good quality.

I had two niggles in my room. Firstly the glass shower screen in the bath clearly didn't stop the water getting through so exited my shower to find the bathroom floor flooded, which required a lengthy mop-up exercise with the towels. The other gripe was poor sound proofing due to the single glazing of the rooms...I was enjoying my sleep in the very comfy bed, when I was awakened by a lorry arriving outside at 6am and for the next 45 minutes I was entertained by the to and fro of dozens of industrial sized wheeled refuse bins being dropped off, wheeled around and the old ones taken back again. This was impossible to sleep through so I got up and did some work to make use of the time.

I didn't mention the two gripes on check-out. I know I should have done, but I was running tight for time for my business event so simply dropped the keys off and left. It was a shame about the issues but in the grand scheme of things felt it was not the end of the world, and left with a smile. I have no idea if any of the rooms have double glazing however I suspect the building (being rather historical and grand) is probably subject to planning restrictions, which is a shame as the noise issue can be a problem in the city centre. Apart from the above, it was a pleasant stay in this rather grand and characterful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms with double glazing!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Davidjellis

I have instructed our maintenance team to change the shower screen from the room which you stayed in. As you quite rightly pointed out this was not doing its job effectively and as a result it needed changing.

Please accept my apologies for the noise caused by the windows, you are correct in your assumption that due to the age of the building we have certain restriction in place and we are limited to what we can do with these windows. However I am pleased to say that we are currently in the process of installing secondary glazing in a number of our bedrooms to better combat the problem of noise.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

One night stay over sat, the met is very impressive, and the room we were given suited us well 2adults, one child, we slept in a 7' wide super duper king size, and our 14 year old son in a king size, so nice size, unfortunately our bed was fairly hard, and so resulted in some stiffness! It was nice and quiet with no annoying noises, breakfast was nice with a good choice. Beware parking at£20 per night, I managed to park at my other sons, we also had a celebratory drink in the bar, which was 2 premium lagers 2 mojitos and a coke £20. Which was ok for a sat night in Leeds and the music beng played was quite good to, sort of jazz and funk, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Steve W

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at The Met and that you managed to make use of a number of our facilities.

I will be sure to investigate the stiffness of the bed that you stayed in as a guests peaceful night sleep is of paramount important to us here at The Met.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very impressed with the hotel, friendly helpful staff, lots of character yet a contemporary feel. We didn't eat at the hotel and it was a shame that the bar seem to close early so a bit lacking in atmosphere on a Friday night in Jan but the manager switched on the coffee machine for us! A few minutes walk from the station and restaurants and shops. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Fizz18

It is wonderful to hear that you were impressed with your stay. Here at The Met we pride ourselves on the highest standards of service and quality and I am pleased that this shone through during your visit.

Newbury
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Central hotel in Leeds, but was nothing more than average. To be fair it was cheaper than its rivals but the whole experience was a little bit below expectations. The beds were quite hard, the rooms a little cold, the wifi intermittent, the breakfast average.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AndrewCNewbury
Dear AndrewCNewbury

Thank you for taking the time to leave comment on your experience at The Met. It is through these comments that we are able to monitor and assess our current offering to guests.

It is very disappointing to hear that you only found the Hotel to be Average. I will be sure to bring your review up at our weekly head of department meeting and we will strive to ensure that other guests do not have a similarly average experience whilst they are with us.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the future so that you may experience a true example of the standard and quality that we pride ourselves on.

surrey
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is an attractive, comfortable hotel with a great location just a few minutes' walk from Leeds mainline railway station. The staff are friendly and helpful. Some of the bedrooms are very small (and can be noisy - avoid ones adjacent to the lifts). The breakfast offering is rather limited - no fresh fruit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear a m,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. It is through these comments that we are able to constantly assess our offering to guests.

It is most concerning to hear that you did not find any fresh fruit with your breakfast. This is one of our breakfast standards and I will be sure to investigate the reason for this not being available during your stay.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future