“Small rooms, poor bathrooms, very expensive car parking!”

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed in two separate rooms over a week in the Leeds Met Hotel, both rooms were very small. Unfortunately the bathrooms weren't up to much either; Bathroom 1 was a reasonable size but I had to run the shower for 10 minutes before any hot water ran through, Bathroom 2 was TINY with a shower that appeared to have been installed pre-1980! The hotel was also a little noisy in the evenings. Parking is charged at £20 per 24 hours with the underground car park being incredibly small and difficult to manoeuvre in. On a positive note the staff who I dealt with were very friendly and the breakfast was OK. Colleagues stayed in the Jury's Inn which they said was very good value for money, I will be staying there on my next visit to Leeds in June.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Simone S, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear ahughes76

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.

It was most disappointing to hear that you did not have a completely 100% positive experience whilst staying with us.

I am pleased to say that here at The Met we are currently in the midst of an ongoing process to rejuvenate our bedrooms & bathrooms and bring them in line with the more modern offering.

It was very pleasing to hear your kind comments regarding the staff service here at the hotel and I will be sure to pass these comments back to everyone.

I hope that at some point in the future you may be able to return to us to view the changes that we have made for yourself.

Simone Sansom

Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Having stayed at this hotel at the weekend, I would not recommend it. The disco was so loud, it could have been in my room. When it finished at 1am, the aircraft noise took over and to crown it off the refuse was collected at 5.15am! When a friend contacted reception she was offered earplugs!! When I complained about the noise in the morning the reception said to me 'What did I expect from a city centre hotel'!!
It's unfortunate because the meal we had the night before was good and the room although tired was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear LoveDunblane

Thank you for taking the time to leave comment on your experience at The Met. It is through these honest comments that we are able to monitor and assess our current offering to guests.

Since receiving your review we have re assessed our current guidelines in relation to Music being played within the Hotel. We are hoping the changes will be more appropriate for all guests staying at The Hotel.

The Noise from the bin collections is something we are working tirelessly on at the moment and with the aid of our neighbours and Leeds City Council we are confident that we have a resolution on this point.

The service and experience that you have received whilst staying with us is certainly not to the standard that we work towards here and I would like to hope that you may stay with us again at some point in the future so that you are able to judge these changes for yourself

Reviewed 12 May 2014

we stayed 4 days with my friends from Norway last month , the hotel was very central and very good location i, It is clean and spacious as well
The stuff is are very friendly and professional especially the male reception ( Atif) he was very helpfull and informative , we asked him in acouple of occasion for places to go for food and places to visit leeds and come up with good tips
the room was clean and warm
i recommamd norwegian to stay there

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nana N

Thank you for taking the time to leave comment on your recent stay at The Met Hotel.

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay whilst visiting from Norway.

I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Atef, who I am sure will be delighted to receive them.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met many more times in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. As myself and my daughter came by train it was in a perfect location. The reception staff were excellent very friendly and welcoming. We had a room on the fourth floor at the front of the hotel which was nice and spacious a little bit dated but nevertheless clean. The receptionist put us on the fourth floor as there was a wedding reception on and she thought it would be quieter which it was and was appreciated.
Our breakfast was lovely and overall we had a lovely stay and will defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Simone S, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear NSBNE3

It was great to hear that both you and your daughter enjoyed your second visit to The Met Hotel.
We work hard to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience with us it is the greatest reward when we receive reviews such as yours

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice in last month as was working in area. Perfect location a three minute walk from train station. Staff lovely especially manager Mary who made every effort to ensure my stay was perfect. The rooms are large even the single rooms have a double bed and the bathrooms are lovely with both bath and shower . Bed is exceptionally comfortable and for the best price book direct on line with them. Looking forward to my next visit to this hotel. Deserves it's 4 stars!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Gary-tenerife

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Met Hotel.

I am sure Mary will be delighted to hear of your lovely comments and I will be sure to pass these onto her.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met Hotel at some point in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We decided to try this hotel out even though we are local as we have 20 or so family and friends coming up from the south who need central Leeds hotel accommodation this coming November.
We booked a very cheap deal via 'secret rooms' on 'lastminute.com' to suss it out.
Close enough to the train station for all arriving that way.

This is a lovely old hotel that looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside.
We both remarked how clean it was in the common areas and indeed our room.
We were given a room high up in the hotel at the back so we were not bothered with traffic noise at all.

Our room was large enough with high ceilings, it had a very comfy double bed made up with nice bed linen.
The bed did not have any form of decoration on it to make it look nice, like a couple of cushions or a runner thing at the bottom.
I know these get taken off for sleeping in, but first impressions stick and it looked so basic for such a nice cozy bed and impressive hotel.

The room and furniture in general (especially the window frame and net curtains) were a bit tired looking to be honest, but all dust free so that was good, the room/bathroom was very clean.
The bathroom was tiny but functional, not large enough for two to get ready in, infact it was a bit of a faff to get in and out of the bath/shower due to the shower screen and smallness of it all.

I feel the standard of room we were placed in on this very quiet night in the hotel reflected the price we had paid for it, which was as cheap as chips, I also feel that this type of room may well be given to single guests.

Both reception staff we came in to contact with were lovely and an asset to the place.
I liked the hotel in itself and the location of it is just great for the city.
I once stayed here years ago and the room was much better then and more impressive, maybe it is a case of you get what you pay for.

I will recommend this hotel due to a number of reasons, but as I now know for myself and after reading other reviews there are areas of it that need addressing about some of the bedrooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank whatnamecaniuse

Dear whatnamecaniuse

It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Met Hotel.

Your comments regarding the awkwardness of the bathroom have been duly noted and we will be looking into this immediately.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met Hotel at some point in the very near future, hopefully with your family in November

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Simply poor. Shabby room, tired old bathrooms. Restaurant not open. Bar food awfull. Maintenance workers at 8.11 am.
Got a room for £39 via trivago, even at that price would not return. I am sure this was ounce a grand old hotel. Alas those days have defiantly gone.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank davidharveymoon

Dear Davidharveymoon

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.

It was disappointing to hear that you did not find The Met value for money and that you did not have a completely pleasurable experience during your stay.

I am pleased to say that here at The Met we are currently in the midst of an ongoing process to rejuvenate our bedrooms and bring them in line with the more modern offering.