The Met Hotel Leeds
Radisson Blu
US$84
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$77
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$50
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$102
Cancelon
1,638 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centrewedding partygreat weekendone night staytea and coffeeweekend breaktwin rooman overnight staycomfy bedgood nights sleepsuperbreakiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my friends, my daughter-in-law and a friend shared the same room. The room was spacious and very clean, the beds were very, very comofortable. The staff were friendly and made you feel welcome and looked after. Breakfast was served in a large dining area on the ground floor and there were plenty of options to suit all tastes. Parking is an issue, however, as there are very, very few parking spaces which really need to be booked in advance. Great location for the centre of Leeds including the First Direct Arena :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Simone S, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Rosey A

It was wonderful to hear that you and your friends had a pleasurable experience whilst staying with us. This is the experience which we strive to give all of our guests.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvienence that you may have experienced within our car park. Unfortuantly due to the age of the building and the space around us we are limited to what we can do with our car park. However we are one of the few city centre Leeds Hotels that can offer any parking at all.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future and hope that you may be able to make more use of the facilities that we offer.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed a few times at few times at this hotel, staff are all ways very helpful and friendly. Breakfast buffet was fresh and very nice. The rooms seem to be on the small side, with the en-suite being even smaller, but I think the worse problem is the ageing floorboards, it seems that you can hear every one else walking about!

Room Tip: Central to everything hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marc011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience here at The Met Hotel, through feedback such as yours we are able to consistently monitor our current service offering to our guests.

Here at The Met we are in the midst of an ongoing process to bring the bedrooms more in line with the demands of the modern day traveller and it is comments such as yours that allow us to focus our attentions on specific areas during this process.

The floor boards to which you have made comment are currently high on our list of priorities in our attempt to renovate the building

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future to witness these changes for yourself.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My rating would be higher except that I have a problem with traffic noise and their 'quiet rooms' aren't! The first room I was offered on the 6th floor was small but fairly quiet... except that the door wouldn't close from outside the room!!! Not sure how that didn't get spotted by the cleaners!!! They were as helpful as possible in finding me another room on the 4th floor but it was a disruptive start to my stay having already unpacked. The hotel is potentially good but would benefit from a make-over - it has a tired feel. Quality double gazing would also solve the traffic noise problems. I did appreciate the good shower and the toiletries in the bathroom as well as the large screen TV which worked well. And I enjoyed breakfast.... freshly squeezed orange juice and nicely poached eggs although I always prefer a cafetiere for my coffee rather than what tasted like very strong instant coffee!

Room Tip: The higher floors not on the road side are a bit quieter. The lift only goes up to the 5th floor so with heavy luggage, avoid the 6th floor which is reached by 19 steps!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear ptgrrtt
Please accept my apologies for the initial inconvenience of moving rooms; however it was pleasing to hear that our team was very helpful during this disruptive moment.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I chose this hotel because it has my initials! Although it seemed reasonable in price for a central location. Clean and comfortable for a standard room and a great building. Only ever seen two staff when iv stayed (3 times) who seem very busy.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Metsx6

Dear Metsx6
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience here at The Met Hotel. It is through honest and descriptive feedback such as yours that we are able to monitor our level of service and quality which we offer to guests.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future for a fourth visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and returned to this hotel because I was pleased with my stay then. The hotel is still good - helpful and friendly staff. OK breakfast though a bit over-cooked. Large and imposing reception area and good dining room. The wifi is now free, which it wasn't last time, so this is an improvement. The room was OK and quite adequate - if a bit cramped and really a tad run down - it could do with repainting especially in the en suite. On my first night the fire alarm went off at around 1:00 am. Everyone assembled in the foyer while two fire crews checked the hotel. On returning to our rooms a while later, the alarm went off again but only briefly. We weren't told whether there was an incident or if this was a false alarm. But there was a pleasant letter in the room the next day from the manager apologising for the inconvenience, which was a nice touch. In all, a good hotel which is very convenient for the railway and the centre of Leeds, and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Larry R

It was very pleasing to hear that you stayed with us for a second time on the back of a previous good experience.
I will be very sure to pass your comments on to our housekeeping, maintenance and kitchen team so that we can aim to improve upon the points which you have mentioned.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to The Met at some point in the near future for a third visit and that you may be able to judge the changes that we have made for yourself.