“Good hotel in convenient city centre location”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Good stay at the Leeds Marriott - everything was good and efficient. There wasn't anything mindblowingly amazing, but it was as you'd expect from a decent Marriott: the room was a good size and with a comfortable bed; the service was all friendly and efficient; and the facilities were very good - nice to have a swimming pool.

The location's really convenient too - very close to the train station and shops, bars, restaurants in the centre of Leeds, and it's in a nice little courtyard, so not noisy. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Not stayed here for a few years but was just as good as we remembered. Only a one night stay (booked with points), quick and pleasant check-in, room fine, prompt and efficient room service in the evening, newspaper delivered, good breakfast in the restaurant and valet parking had the car waiting on time.

There was a little external noise from late-nighters at a nearby club but that was because we chose to sleep with the window open.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Overall was a very acceptable stay at the Leeds Marriott. But I know Marriott pride themselves on a higher standard of service, and it wasn't anything special.

An over-fussy check-in with the usual 20-questions, and the newspaper we ordered didn't appear the morning after. They didn't try to charge for the paper, which usually means nobody bothered to order it.

The room was very comfortable, although the bathroom was basic and the sports channels were blurry.

The buffet breakfast was as you'd expect, though felt the waiting on staff were quite rude. I felt I kept moving out of their way and letting them past, without anything resembling a thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Hotel situated near Leeds railway station. Very busy area on a Saturday night when we stayed. Easy walking distance to many clubs. Very popular with Hen and Stag parties. When we arrived a Hen party booked in behind us, so many they filled half the reception area, we were a bit worried about noise, but didn't hear a thing all night. Very quite room overlooking the courtyard. Relatives staying at the same time said, their room that overlooked the road was noisy. Comfortable beds. Very good breakfast. Only down side they didn't have their own car park, NCP close by, but at £17 + per night a bit expensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Four exhusted childminders decided to have a relaxing weekend away from hubbies and children. We could not have chosen better. The pool was lovely and mostly empty, the spar pool was so relaxing we could have stayed in all weekend, and it was lovely to go between sauna and steamroom too,
The staff were helpful but not over-firmillar and never made us feel we were being a pain if we needed help or needed information. The rooms were clean and well equiped and the beds were so comfortable that one morning we all slept in and almost missed breakfast which would have been awful. The communal areas were beautiful and clean. The breakfasts gave lots of choice so there should be something for everyone.
We had seen problems in other write-ups with the air-con but we had no problems and the rooms cooled quickly.
The hotel does have some rooms with connecting doors and this would be very helpful for families traveling with children that want their own room but are not totally on their own.
It is very close to the station which could be a problem if you are a very light sleeper but with the windows shut and the heavy curtains where was very little noise and you could ask to have a room furthest from the railway lines but it does mean it is only 2 minutes walk from the station and straight into town for the shops or pubs. And what shopping!!! The shops did not seem to end and we being girls used to Newcastle and the metro centre we are not easily impressed but we were.

Room Tip: have a good think what you need as a suite can work out reasonable but twin rooms have 2 double beds...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

There was once a time when I used to stay here at least once a week. Those were the days this was an excellent hotel. Sadly, whilst the staff are very polite and helpful, this hotel has gone down the pan and I daresay I will not be staying here again. Last week I booked a stay for Monday and for Saturday.. On the first occasion I was checked in and sent up to my room, which was still in a state of mess from the previous guests. I was not impressed, but the staff were more than helpful and sent up some complimentary room service. On return to the room, I looked out the window and on the ledge behind the curtain was a mug that they had missed from the cleaning. Nothing major, but anyway that trip went without much happening. I returned four days later to stay in the same room (a suite) to find that same mug was still there. Furthermore, the sugar for the complimentary tea tray was empty, the cables for the internet were missing, and the Bose iPod dock was broken. I didn't bother complaining as I didn't want to be a "pesky guest". I ordered room service. Fish and Chips turned up cold, drinks turned up warm. I asked for breakfast to be served at 11am with a copy of the guardian. It turns up at quarter past ten with no newspaper. What really took the the **** was I could not park in the NCP car park because of police blocking it at 4am due to an incident. So I ditched it front of the hotel. Next morning, I get a note saying please do not park here, the land is not ours and we do not want the car to be clamped. Fair enough. On the bill however, they decided to charge me valet parking on the land "that was not theirs". I was utterly disgusted but after a long night I just wanted to get home and did not bother complaining. I will be voting with my feet and will not be returning here. Shame really because they've lost out on business worth in excess of £1000 a month. Marriot what happened to you?

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank daami1988
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We came up for a hen weekend - eight of us. We had requested twin rooms when we booked online and weren't sure if we would definitely have them. When we arrived we had two twins and two doubles. The reception staff said we could check in (early!) to the twins and come back later to see if they had cancellations on two more twins - which they did, which was excellent.

We asked for some ice from the bar and it was delivered quickly, they also asked if we wanted champagne flutes (which we did!) and they were duly delivered.

The beds were AMAZINGLY comfy. The rooms were a great size, clean and quiet. You cna get rooms with adjoining doors which was really great for our group. One room experienced quite a bit of noise through their walls overnight (yes it was THAT kind of noise) however when they rang down to reception to complain, reception rang the noisy occupants for us and they were quieter after that.

Breakfast was excellent, then we went to the spa, we were able to use this even after we had checked out and they looked after our bags for us. (The jacuzzi was broken but that was the only downside for us) The hotel is also in a great location being easy walking distance from the station and also into the centre of town by foot.

All in all a great stay. Good value, super helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel and we're already planning on coming back to Leeds!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends