“Always Welcoming”

Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and I always feel very welcome from check in to check out. The rooms are very comfortable and there are smoking rooms which I personally appreciate. The bar and restaurant have just been totally revamped and whilst they are now very "cool" they are also rather expensive! As an example a Caesar salad, a mixed grill (with chips) and a pint of beer is about £40.
As a Marriott Rewards member I find the Executive Lounge excellent.

2  Thank antongould
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Anton Gould
Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us.
It is always great to get feedback.
On your next stay with please let me know and it will be good to catch up with you and discuss your feedback on the Midtown Grill.

Once again thank you for your feedback and i look forward to catching up with you.

Regards

Thank you Paul!

We have been coming to the UK for years. When we found the Marriott Leeds we were delighted. They have always made us feel at home. Many of the staff have worked there for a number of years which is a good sign.

We are consultants and spend close to 250 days on the road and the Marriott Leeds is perfect for us when we work in Leeds.

-Close to the train station a plus for us.
-City location gives us a chance to enjoy the local pubs and sights when not working.
-Executive Lounge, one of the best in their system...thanks to Paul and his crew. I am always shocked when they remember my name! What a treat.
-Conference group. Bravo, makes our work experience so very positive.
-New Mid Town Grill is fabulous. Oldest son is a chef so we are always looking out for something special when we travel - and we found it here. We had the freshest oysters, the salmon prepared to perfection, delightful staff and the arrival of the bill was a bit of a celebration with a mini tiki pot flame, marshmellows and chocolate - all we needed were graham crackers, sand and sea and we could have smores by the seaside with a bond fire.

We highly recommmend Leeds Marriott.

1  Thank Kim M

Hi Kim

Thank you for your great review.
I look forward to welcoming you both back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Regards to you both

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel was tucked away in a small courtyard but wow,right in the heart of the city with everything within walking distance.
It was clean throughout with the staff really helpful and attentive.
The leisure facilities were clean and fabulous too.
Bedrooms were clean,fresh and airy.

Room Tip: Perfect,central location

Dear Yesmin

Thank you for your review i hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel is very central in Leeds. Rooms are comfortable, however, it is very expensive. Manager was rude, I asked for converter, and he told me inappropriately that i was going to be charged If i don't return it,

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JLarez

Dear Jlarez

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Please accept my apologies for the service you recived
I would like a bit more information if possible on the incident with the rude associate.
Please contact me by email or call me on 01132366366
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We have not actually stayed @ this hotel but last week we went into the 1871 bar which was really interesting.

Lovely hot day in Leeds City Centre where this bar is situated, we tried 2 glasses of perfectly chilled Rose which was served with nibbles. Lots of happy shoppers doing the same and watching the world walk by.

Great position, friendly and efficient staff. Really enjoyed it well done.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JELeeds
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Hotel is very central in leeds. Rooms are comfortable, however bathrooms need updating and the air conditioning is not very effective. Hot in summer and rooms are cold in winter. Recently ate in the new steak restaurant and while the food is nice, it is very expensive. You have to pay extra for chips, vegetables etc. I would expect a sauce and fries for a £25 steak. Will not be a regular visitor to the restaurant. Car parking is very expensive. Staff are very helpful.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Most will probably like this place. It was spotless and my room was modern. The only problem was, it was really hot! Whilst it had a blower in the room, it was pretty noisy so I struggled to get to sleep with it on and because I was on the 1st floor, with the window open I could hear everyone walking past so couldn't leave it open.

I travel on business and only get a budget of £20 for an evening meal. This is the first hotel I've stayed in outside London where the choice in the restaurant on that budget was really limited. My 2nd choice was a bar snack in the newly refurbushed hotel bar. Only 2 real choices - burger or salad. I enjoyed the burger and it was decent value for the money.

I ventured out 3 times in the evening for a walk and each time got pestered by beggers opposite the hotel - be warned!

*TOP TIP - if you park in the NCP next to the hotel, make sure you get Reception to validate your ticket to benefit from discount - be careful though, even then its very pricey!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Night-Club unless you've got a set of ear plugs!