“Oustanding”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
“Oustanding”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Nothing is to much trouble for the staff , very helpful and friendly , facilities excellent ,location is perfect ,in the heart of the city and being in the city we thought we would have heard noise from the traffic or works that were being carried out near by but heard nothing,really enjoyed our stay, will definatley be coming back , thank you

• Stayed March 2013
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear leeepark

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have had some noise issues with the road improvements outside the hotel but I am pleased you were not affected by them.

Well the next time you come to stay with us the new Trinity Shopping Centre will be open just across the road from the Hotel so it’s yet another excuse to come and enjoy Leeds.

I hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed on a Fri and Sat night unexpectedly as the hotel we booked didn't have our reservation! Booked hotel on line and turned up 30 minutes later. Reception staff were lovely and the room was great. Valet parking brilliant as didn't have to worry about the car. Location is the best I'm Leeds. My partner is from Leeds do we stay there a lot. Previously in the Park Plaza, Hilton, double tree by Hilton and holiday inn, the Marriott knocks socks off them all. We did have a small problem with the payment however! We booked in and was asked for a credit card, but we only had a debit card on us. So the receptionist swiped that and told us no payment would come off the card. She did not however explain that they freeze the amount in your bank account plus £100 on top that you may or may not use. This left us £100 short for our weekend away as it was frozen in the bank account so could not be used or taken out of the account, the receptionist were helpful but this should be explained to guests before its authorised not after!. Regards

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Buyalotlady

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Please accept my apologies for the oversight at check-in with the receptionist not explaining how debit cards work at this hotel.
We do normally explain to guests how debit cards work here; we have now gone over the procedure with all our receptionists.

Apart from the oversight at reception I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Glasgow
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I turned up wet and cold, unannounced, after being stuck in Leeds unexpectedly overnight due to the snow 13th February. Gridlock in the city centre made it impossible to get a taxi for my flight. Staff were extremely helpful providing necessities of unexpected overnight stay, bathrobe and slippers, toothbrush etc., in room and facilitating access to executive lounge in order to book flight the next morning. Couldn't have asked for better response. Thank you Leeds Marriott for making a miserable situation more than bearable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Susan R

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that we were able to help you in your hour of need as I also remember it was not good at all with the snow.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the future for a planned and more relaxing stay.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Was really looking forward to staying in this four star Leeds Hotel. Stayed last Saturday and found a note in the bedroom stating that work on the road outside the new trinity complex would be carried out Monday to Thursdays and if we needed ear plugs would be provided if we went down to reception Well early Sunday morning around 7 am the drilling in the road below our window began and continued to mid morning. This did not wake me up as I had been kept awake most of the night by taxis beeping their horns already and I do mean all night!!!! On checking out we informed the receptionist who apologised and gave nothing more. The Marriott are being very greedy placing people in these rooms when they know very well about the noise implications. Shame on you!!!

Room Tip: Dont accept a room on Boar Lane or at your peril!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear June O

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry that you had a disturbed nights sleep.
Regarding the road works we did our best to inform all of our guests about the road works prior to them booking by having notices on our web site and our central reservations agents were all informed.
Regarding the noise from the Taxis as we are in the City Centre we have little control over the traffic noise.
The Executive rooms have also been triple glazed to help minimise the external noise.

May i suggest that the next time you stay with us if possible request a Double room with one Queen Bed in the room.
These rooms are shielded from the City Centre noise by the surrounding buildings.

Once again please accept my apologies for the disturbed nights sleep.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

rotherham
Reviewed 11 March 2013

stayed two nights in march as soon as we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. the valet car parking is great there is a bar and grill both well laid out and great service, there is also an indian restaraunt. you are in the centre of leeds so not far to walk to find all the shops, bars, and eating places. and there are many. all in all a lovely stay. will definately be going back.

Room Tip: they do have smoking rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear RotherhamLynn

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotels location great for the shopping ect.
I think it’s safe to say that you had everything on your doorstep so to speak with our location the choice of places to eat and drink in the hotel and there is of course the Leisure club to relax in after long hard day’s activities.
The new Trinity Shopping Centre open on the 21st March just across the road from the Hotel so that another excuse to revisit us .

Hope to see you again soon

Bexley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2-3rd Feb 2013 whilst visiting for a weekend in Leeds. Great central location, helpful staff, good size room (2 double beds) and excellent on site facilities, along with a good selection/quality breakfast.
Although the hotel boasted an on site spa, I was disappointed that the swimming pool was extremely cloudy. I was told that it had something to do with the chlorine used, which I assume was still deemed safe to use. This should not be expected of any Marriott, especially given their reputation of being a leading hotel brand.
Overall, apart from this problem I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Hillier1

Thank you for the review.

I can only apologise for the pool not having its usual crystal clear water.
This was due to a problem we had in the pool plant room.
However I am able to reassure you that the water was still well within safety limits.
Once again please accept my apologies and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel quite alot i think its well worth the money , it has a swimming pool and gym . The steam room and saunas do get abit busy . The breakfast is brilliant lots to choose from . All the staff are helpfull and very friendly, it also has a bar and indian restuarant You cant get better facilitys for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear kerrywood1975

Thank you for the great review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us again
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

Just to let you know the new Trinity shopping centre opens on 21st March so you will have a new place to explore on your next visit before you relax in our Leisure Club.