“Best bed and pillow ever”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great hotel. It has great local staff. The best bed and pillow ever - all the family commented on the good night sleep they had. Very good breakfast. Decent size pool with hot room and sauna and gym. It has a very busy bar attached to the hotel, so it was good to get a drink and not have to go very far. It was very central and close to all the shops. The lifts works by using your room card so adds to the security and stops people from being able to go up stairs. There is an ice machine in the hall way. The parking was about £9 for 24hours in a local car park. Cannot say a bad word about the hotel we all had a fab stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear eee1

I am pleased you all enjoyed what the hotel has to offer from its location to a good night’s sleep in the Marriott Bed to a hearty breakfast to set you up for the day.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I arrived at the hotel late night on Friday and was told there was a problem with my reservation. The room I had chosen was not available so they upgraded me to a suite for the night but as all suites were fully booked the next day I would have to switch to another room. The receptionist told me just to call the next day, so he could send someone up to transfer my luggage to the other room.
The suite was clean, although a bit uncomfortably furnished (no TV in the bedroom). The bathroom light switch stopped working the next morning, so I had to shower and shave in half-darkness.
When I called reception at 11.30 am, I was told that no other room was available at the moment, and as I had some appointments outside the hotel, I had to pack all my luggage and leave it at the reception until returning to the hotel in the evening. When I came back, the receptionist gave me a new room key card. Then I asked for my luggage. The receptionist was unable to find the concierge (!) to retrieve my luggage and promised to send my luggage to my room as soon as she would have reached the concierge by phone...
Upon entering my new room, I saw that my luggage was already there. I was just speechless that reception did not know where my luggage was that I had left with them a few hours before.

The good thing about the hotel is its location right in the middle of the shopping area. The bad thing is that it is pure chaos. They definitely need to get a proper management.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank meduniv
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear meduniv

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Could you please contact me to discuss the points you have raised.

I can be contacted on 0113 2366366 or if you prefer you could email me a contact phone number to call you on and a convenient time to call. paul.collins@marriotthotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we had trouble getting my wheelchair out of the car as it was so busy. Then the ramp into the hotel was blocked by a car and van.

The disabled lift didn't work so we had to carry the chair up and down the small flight of stairs. I'm lucky I can walk a little but others who can't would be stuck.

The room was nice but there were holes in the quilt cover and a few cobwebs. Minor but not the best impression.

Saying this, if they got more disabled aware it is an ideal hotel position wise and the few staff we interacted with were friendly.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma R

Dear Emma R

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed at the service you received and the lift being out of order.

I would like to discuss this further.

If you could email me a contact phone number and a convenient time to call that would be good or you can contact directly on 0113 2366366

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for one night in an executive room which was a of decent size and more than satisfactory for both relaxing and a little work! Pleasant staff on the reception desk and in the Executive Lounge (where the breakfast was good). The hotel is very centrally situated for the various shopping arcades. All-in-all, a very pleasant experience.

2  Thank UKPinkPanther

Dear UKPinkPanther

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us on the Executive room package.

I have to agree with you about the location of the hotel.
You have all that Leeds has to offer on your doorstep.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We attended a wedding recently as a family and stayed over. The spa was great, beautifully clean, staff very friendly and helpful. The bedroom was very spacious and of a high standard. Staff during the wedding were superb! Nothing was too much trouble and the food was of a high standard. I recommend it as a wedding venue and add a great place to stay being in the centre of Leeds. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Louise P

Dear Louise P

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.
I am pleased you enjoyed all that the hotel has toi offer and of course the Wedding you attended.

We hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and have been really pleased with service and facilities at the hotel. We recently stayed at the hotel again and can say it once again offered a brilliant service and the standards are as good as they have ever been. Thanks

1  Thank Honestreiew
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Honestreiew

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed what the hotel has to offer once again.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for the week end for our Wedding anniversary and had a brilliant time. We were given a complimentary room upgrade and when we got to our room the staff had left us a lovely card and a bottle of wine, which we thought was really nice touch. Can't fault this hotel at all and ALL of it's staff who are very helpful and polite. We used the pool complex, which is great after a hard day shopping :-) The breakfast was lovely and fresh and plenty of choice for everyone! We ate in the Midtown Grill which was fantastic !!! But Shhhhh don't tell everyone as we want to get a table the next time we come here!!! We have stayed here many times and will be staying here again! Don't be put off by the price of the parking £30 per 24 hrs on the machine but if you take your car park ticket to reception they will discount it, at the moment it's £9 per 24 hrs but I believe it will be £17.50 per 24 hrs soon but well worth it! All in all a great hotel in a great position ! Thank you for a fantastic stay x

1  Thank EnglandJules

Dear EnglandJules

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to all the departments as it’s always good to get positive feedback.
The parking charges can be a bit of a shock but we have managed to get a great discount so as you say don’t be put off.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.