“Forthcoming Wedding part 1”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Forthcoming Wedding part 1”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

After visiting various venue's to hold our wedding (21st June 2014), we decided upon the Marriott Hotel in Leeds. Apart from its city centre location, talking to Ashley ( the wedding planner) we believed the Marriot was right for us. Ashley has given an excellent personal service, offering flexibility on the menus and valuable advice on how we can make our day run smoothly always being available in person or by telephone, building up our confidence that our day will be perfect.
We attended our wedding taster meal last Saturday, we were greeted with complementary drinks and canapés served by their very obliging staff. We had previously chosen a meal from our wedding breakfast menu. The meal was outstanding from the tenderness of the meat to portion size and presentation again all the staff were very attentive this included the chef greeting all the couples individually asking if there were any changes needed to the dishes but how can you improve on perfection. Ashley and Jenny were available all the way through the night for any questions and to give reassurance.
Marriott Leeds

1 Thank Neil G
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Neil G

Thank you for your great comments about Ashley & Jenny in particular but also for all the staff that served you.

I am pleased you have chosen us for your wedding and we look forward to part 2 the main event.

Kind Regards

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

on arrival at this spectacular hotel i was much disappointed at the décor. The greeting was much more to my standards.The lay out of the bedroom was spacious, clean and tidy. Fantastic location, beautiful gardens.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear tim n

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff service overall.

Grimsby
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Great location, literally across the road from the Trinity centre with loads of shops and chain restaurants and the fab bar The Alchemist. Room was a little tired but bed sheets clean and check in staff friendly and helpful.
The buffet breakfast wasn't worth the extra cost as it was a lukewarm full English or yogurt/fruit/bread. Nothing too exciting. I'd have rather had the room service breakfast which featured smoked salmon.
Didn't pay for wi-fi as it was extortionate at about £15 per day but the adjoining bar next door offers free wi-fi so we went for a drink in there. At breakfast I sat at a table near to the adjoining bar and picked up the wi-fi so easier just to do that!
Nearest NCP car park is £30 per 24 hours but if you ask the hotel to stamp your car park ticket then you get it for £9 instead so quite a saving! Was impressed with this service.
Would stay again due to service and location.

Dear Lebu29

Thank you for your review.

We are always pleased to receive constructive feedback from guests as it helps us to review our service standards and also provides us with a fresh eyes approach to how the hotel is looking as a whole.

I have passed on your comments regarding the breakfast buffet to our Executive Head Chef who is now reviewing the standards.

Whilst there is a charge for the Wi-Fi in the rooms we do offer free internet access in 1871 Bar, Midtown Grill, Reception area and the Leisure Club.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us overall and that the Staff made your stay.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I very rarely post reviews but just wanted to say what a pleasant stay we had at this hotel last night. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is in an excellent location for local shopping and easy to find. It is one of the few hotels in central Leeds which accommodate parking so easily. Shame the spa was closed for maintenance but you gave plenty of warning when we booked.Thank you my daughter and I had a great time and will return again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear JFitz40

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you enjoyed all that the hotel had to offer and Leeds for that matter.
I think it’s safe to say that we are very central with all the Shops, Cinemas and plenty of Restaurants very close to the Hotel.

The essential maintenance is coming to an end in our Leisure Club so hopefully the next time you stay with you it will be fully operational.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed for 1 night for business and the hotel was fine. The staff were friendly and efficient and were very helpful and accommodating for the meeting room we booked. All of the requests for the meeting day were met and staff were available throughout to help.

The location is very good, being about a 5 minute walk for Leeds train station. The breakfast in the morning was very good with a good selection available. We were due to have dinner in the hotel but something was wrong with the kitchen so we have to eat in another restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Denzal23

Thank you for review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that all went well with your meeting.

We had a problem in the kitchen so we had to close the Midtown Grill for the evening to get the kitchen back in working order. Please accept our apologies for this.
I hope you enjoyed your meal in AM Kitchen.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just spent a weekend at this hotel and I must say how nice it was. The staff accommodated all requests made upon them with a smile and a look of gratitude that you had chosen to be their guest

The valet parking service usually means the concierge taking your car to the local NCP car park but my concerns over the convertible hood being vandalised on my vehicle (as has happened in the past however not at this venue) were set aside when they allowed me to park in the courtyard directly outside the hotel.A request for a late check out was met with a simple "that has been arranged at no extra cost" by Charlotte from the front desk which gave me time to enjoy the leisure club facilities within the hotel before driving home.

The only hitch with the stay was on arrival I was given a room with two smaller beds instead of the larger single bed as requested. A trip back to the front desk got this matter resolved quickly and was given an involuntary upgrade to a junior suite. (I'm not sure if this was an apology or whether that was the only room available that accommodated my request) however it was a very welcome offer.

The hotel is ideally situated for shopping or a night out in the city and falls easily within walking distance to the various bars and clubs that Leeds has on offer.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Sarah B

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the room upgrade.

The nearby Car park has changed ownership now and is run by the Trinity Shopping Centre and they have upgraded the security.

I hope you enjoyed all that Leeds has to offer and we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Even though we live in Leeds, my friend and I decided to have a night out in town to celebrate her birthday and do a bit of shopping. We couldn't have chosen a nicer hotel. From checking in until leaving the staff were superb. Comfy beds and lovely quiet room overlooking the courtyard. The receptionist enquired on checking if we were staying for anything in particular, and on hearing it was for my friends birthday promptly sent us a bottle of complimentary wine. How lovely. We were right in the heart of Leeds so anyone visiting to shop, eat or drink have everything right on their doorstep. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request quiet room if you are a light sleeper.