“Good value”

Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a good time there. Everything was clean and working properly. We slept well and had breakfast every morning. We had a TV and Staff was really nice, friendly and helpful. Id definitely go back there. It is really good that they have someone on the front desk 24 hours. I felt safe and comfortable, and so did my friends. We had wifi all time and included in the price. Location is perfect. Felt home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sam_foster24
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear sam_foster24,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted to here that you had a fantastic stay and that you and your friends felt safe and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is situated opposite the new Trinity Shopping centre in the centre of Leeds so perfect for nights out and shopping.
The room was OK but unfortunately the bedding was dirty and we had to get it changed, which is poor whatever star the hotel is.
The staff were nice and friendly and the breakfast nice and plentiful.
Would we stay again, yes but there are better hotels in Leeds

1 Thank Logical1966
Dear Logical1966,

I am sorry to hear that the bedding was not up to standard but glad that it was rectified quickly.

Please let me know when you are next staying with us and I will ensure that everything is up to our usual standard.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just returned from a stay at the Leeds Marriott. To be fair we stayed in the Rochester suite so can only comment on that accommodation as have not stayed in any of the other rooms. However, I can recommend the staff without question.

Our experience started well with the receptionists who signed us in; they were lovely with our 2 boys and very helpful indeed. I wish I'd noted their names to mention personally. Basically the suite was fabulous. Our boys (aged 12 and 11) were in heaven! Very large with one bedroom upstairs and one downstairs and lounge in between. Great to have the kids in their room at night watching TV whilst we were in the lounge, and not hear a thing, which if you knew our boys is no minor achievement! Initially I only had 2 small issues with the upstairs room; no storage space and no mirror-not massive crimes . Exec lounge was well stocked and very child friendly lovely staff. One of them was Paul but didn't note the name of the lady sorry. Surprisingly good wine and great selection of nighttime food.

A problem occurred in the evening when we discovered the air con wasn't working in our upstairs bedroom and it was very hot. We reported this and were immediately apologised to as maintenance were not working then and we had fans delivered to the room. However, they were too noisy to keep on all night, so that combined with a very bright fire exit sign shining into our room meant we did struggle with sleep. If the staff had not dealt with this the way they did the next morning I would not be giving such a great report. However, when I checked out somewhat tired and a bit disappointed, I was dealt with by a very professional and courteous receptionist who apologised and offered appropriate and more than fair compensation without having to go through managers, e mails etc for ages. Everyone can make mistakes and nobody/ nowhere is perfect but it is the way things are dealt with that makes all the difference, we felt respected and listened to.

We will certainly be back soon. Well done and I hope head office realise what great staff they have here.

Room Tip: Rochester suite is fab if you want a treat and to have a lot of space and separate area from the kid...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather D
Dear Heather D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us at the Leeds Marriott

What more can I but thank you very much for a fantastic review! I am glad that we were able to sort out your few problems and that you enjoyed the Rochester Suite.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed this weekend (a group of girls on a hen night) but when we got there the rooms weren't ready so had to pile in to a room that was until we could access our own rooms!! Which meant getting ready was a challenge..... We couldn't access the exec lounge as it wasn't open! Even though we had exec rooms :-(
However the rooms were beautiful and clean and the beds were really comfy!! Breakfast was also really nice! Would go again and hope that these issues were a one off?

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank princessjg
Dear princessjg

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Please accept my apologies for the rooms not being ready on arrival but at the weekend we do have some pressure points, due to late check-out etc... where it is not always possible to have the rooms ready by 3pm.

I am not sure when you stayed but the Executive Lounge is always open during the day for teas, coffee and soft drinks, alcohol is served from 5.30- 9.30 each evening.

Please let me know when you will be staying again and I will ensure things go a lot more smoothly for you.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have just had one of the greatest hotel experiences ever at the Leeds Marriott. I am a travel agent and as such am very widely travelled, and even though I dont usually write reviews I really needed anyone to know who is thinking of booking this hotel, don't hesitate just book it you will be highly delighted. We felt really spoilt as we arrived late on our wedding anniversary, our room was upgraded, this could have been the anniversary of the fact that I was travel agency staff or that we have stayed at many Marriotts, but was a lovely touch, in the room there was a bottle of wine in an ice bucket and an anniversary card. This was just wow how many large chains would do anything so personal. The bed was the comfiest bed i've ever slept in, even better than my own bed. The location is amazing with a gorgeous modern shopping and entertainment mall right next door, an immaculate car-park that was only £9 for 24 hours. The breakfast has got to be the best breakfast we have ever had anywhere, and we were brought a glass of champagne each, again how lovely. Every single member of staff were, lovely, kind and friendly. I Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for one of the best nights hotel stay ever.

1 Thank JanetTimmins
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear JanetTimmins

Well Janet all i can say is thank you for a great review and i look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

county durham
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed here for just the one night with my boyfriend for a quick get away. I will definitely be back!
Hotel is brilliantly located for shopping, restaurants and night life. Only a few minutes walk from the train station too.
Staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I was really impressed with the room, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Plenty of space, tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries, iron and ironing board, flat screen tv and a mini bar if you wanted it. What more do you need?

The pool and leisure facilities are great. Used the pool, sauna and steam room twice during my stay. Changing rooms have shower amenities and hair dryers which made life a lot easier.

We didn't eat at the hotel, but did use the hotel bar. It gets really busy on a night and seems to be very popular. Drinks prices weren't too bad.

Thanks Leeds Marriott for a lovely stay, I will definitely be recommending this hotel to all of my friends and family.

3 Thank becca147
Dear becca147

Thank you for your great review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you had a great stay with and I am pleased you seem to have enjoyed all that the Hotel has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was so impressed when I arrived for the first of 3 weeks at this hotel, the staff were delightful and so helpful, we were upgraded to a wonderful suite, so spacious and with lots of work to do a real bonus. The executive room package with the lounge a real benefit. I even emailed the guest customer relations manager to tell him how impressed I was. Paul Collins replied, it was the last time he did. The next week was satisfactory but back to a chain hotel experience, the room was adequate, executive again, but incredibly noisy at night from the nightclubs kicking out every night early hours, the air conditioning in this room didn't work properly so no option than to open the small window the tiny crack allowed. The last week was frankly a disaster, we arrived to be given a nasty dark small cramped room, when I asked if we could move I was told the hotel was full, I said that I did not believe that the room was an executive room, I was told there are all different sizes for rooms, some smaller. I do not believe you could find a smaller room and still for a double bed in it, there was barely room to walk round the bed. I was treated to a most unpleasant experience in the reception, ridiculed and made to feel most unwanted. Lots of huffing and puffing. It was not until I managed to find an identical room on the hotel website and show it to the staff described as a standard room did they eventually relent and find us an executive room in size etc. I am not convinced that they have enough true executive rooms to meet the sales they make. Needless to say Mr Collins did not answer a single other email and despite me asking in reception that he contact me, he remained elusive. What a shame for expectations to be so dashed. Particularly offensive to be told in the last week that I should not always "expect to be upgraded".... No, it was delightful to be upgraded, I would have loved to be so again but I DO expect the room I have paid a premium for. I wishes I had stayed at the Hilton, a suite there cheaper than the executive room at the Marriott. So much for brand loyalty. I promised Mr Collins I would review on trip advisor after my first week and I was so impressed, I'm glad I waited til the end of my stay. However,certain members of staff were welcoming and professional throughout even though others continued to sneer at me in and out of the lobby. Alex, the concierge was lovely and always helpful , Marie (?) on reception lovely and the restaurant and lounge staff great.

Room Tip: Take your pick, noisy executive rooms (make sure it really is an executive) or small cramped ones. I...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Alexa S

I am very disappointed to read your review.

I can only apologise for not receiving any messages from you.
I am now on annual leave until 25/04/14 but i would welcome the chance to catch up with you the next time you are in Leeds or alternatively please call me on 01132366366

I look forward to hearing from you.