“great hotel”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at the Leeds Marriott before. Did think about staying at another hotel, but this one seems to tick all the boxes for us. It's so central, for everything. Shops, nightlife, museums. Why stay anywhere else. The hotel staff, always very welcoming, & helpful. We was visiting Leeds, for Easter, & our anniversary. On booking the hotel, I did mention the anniversary, to them. When we went to the room, there was balloons & wine waiting for us.thought this a lovely touch for them to do. My only complaint, on staying there, was the room we stayed in. There is a club nearby, & the noise kept me awake all night long. I told the reception staff the next morning. They moved us to a much quieter room. Not only did they do this, but gave us £20 in vouchers to spend in the hotel, as a sorry for my lack of sleep. We really enjoyed our w/end in Leeds, & the Marriott & staff made this extra special.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 5th floor, over the courtyard. Ask for the 6th floor. Or the back of th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen M
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Eileen M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay in the Leeds Marriott.

Unfortunately due to our central location, which has many pros, we can be affected by noise from the local bars. I am glad that we were able to move you to a much quieter room and overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Happy Anniversary from all of us here at the Leeds Marriott hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend & I stayed recently before going to a concert. Location wise the marriott is perfect. The bar was great to wait whilst our room was ready but we had to ask after an hour to get a room ASAP as we were meeting friends before the concert & needed to change, unfortunately this meant we didn't get the gold room we should have had. Nonetheless the room was clean & the beds very comfy but probably one of the most dated bathrooms in the hotel. Breakfast was great, the staff very helpful, so I really can't complain. Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola C

Dear Nicola C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I apologise for the rooms not being ready for 3pm, unfortunately due to late check-outs etc...we were unable to get them ready.

I hope that you enjoyed your concert and please do not hesitate to contact me next time you are staying in the Leeds Marriott.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at the Marriott hotel in Leeds. We received a very warm welcome upon arrival from Kasia on reception who was very helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is fantastically located in the centre of Leeds. The swimming pool is an excellent addition when travelling with children. The breakfast was amazing with so much variety and very friendly staff who really look after you. We didn't want to leave!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara D

Dear Sara D,

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, but the great thing is that you can of course come back!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a good time there. Everything was clean and working properly. We slept well and had breakfast every morning. We had a TV and Staff was really nice, friendly and helpful. Id definitely go back there. It is really good that they have someone on the front desk 24 hours. I felt safe and comfortable, and so did my friends. We had wifi all time and included in the price. Location is perfect. Felt home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam_foster24

Dear sam_foster24,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted to here that you had a fantastic stay and that you and your friends felt safe and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is situated opposite the new Trinity Shopping centre in the centre of Leeds so perfect for nights out and shopping.
The room was OK but unfortunately the bedding was dirty and we had to get it changed, which is poor whatever star the hotel is.
The staff were nice and friendly and the breakfast nice and plentiful.
Would we stay again, yes but there are better hotels in Leeds

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Logical1966

Dear Logical1966,

I am sorry to hear that the bedding was not up to standard but glad that it was rectified quickly.

Please let me know when you are next staying with us and I will ensure that everything is up to our usual standard.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just returned from a stay at the Leeds Marriott. To be fair we stayed in the Rochester suite so can only comment on that accommodation as have not stayed in any of the other rooms. However, I can recommend the staff without question.

Our experience started well with the receptionists who signed us in; they were lovely with our 2 boys and very helpful indeed. I wish I'd noted their names to mention personally. Basically the suite was fabulous. Our boys (aged 12 and 11) were in heaven! Very large with one bedroom upstairs and one downstairs and lounge in between. Great to have the kids in their room at night watching TV whilst we were in the lounge, and not hear a thing, which if you knew our boys is no minor achievement! Initially I only had 2 small issues with the upstairs room; no storage space and no mirror-not massive crimes . Exec lounge was well stocked and very child friendly lovely staff. One of them was Paul but didn't note the name of the lady sorry. Surprisingly good wine and great selection of nighttime food.

A problem occurred in the evening when we discovered the air con wasn't working in our upstairs bedroom and it was very hot. We reported this and were immediately apologised to as maintenance were not working then and we had fans delivered to the room. However, they were too noisy to keep on all night, so that combined with a very bright fire exit sign shining into our room meant we did struggle with sleep. If the staff had not dealt with this the way they did the next morning I would not be giving such a great report. However, when I checked out somewhat tired and a bit disappointed, I was dealt with by a very professional and courteous receptionist who apologised and offered appropriate and more than fair compensation without having to go through managers, e mails etc for ages. Everyone can make mistakes and nobody/ nowhere is perfect but it is the way things are dealt with that makes all the difference, we felt respected and listened to.

We will certainly be back soon. Well done and I hope head office realise what great staff they have here.

Room Tip: Rochester suite is fab if you want a treat and to have a lot of space and separate area from the kid...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather D

Dear Heather D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us at the Leeds Marriott

What more can I but thank you very much for a fantastic review! I am glad that we were able to sort out your few problems and that you enjoyed the Rochester Suite.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed this weekend (a group of girls on a hen night) but when we got there the rooms weren't ready so had to pile in to a room that was until we could access our own rooms!! Which meant getting ready was a challenge..... We couldn't access the exec lounge as it wasn't open! Even though we had exec rooms :-(
However the rooms were beautiful and clean and the beds were really comfy!! Breakfast was also really nice! Would go again and hope that these issues were a one off?

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank princessjg

Dear princessjg

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Please accept my apologies for the rooms not being ready on arrival but at the weekend we do have some pressure points, due to late check-out etc... where it is not always possible to have the rooms ready by 3pm.

I am not sure when you stayed but the Executive Lounge is always open during the day for teas, coffee and soft drinks, alcohol is served from 5.30- 9.30 each evening.

Please let me know when you will be staying again and I will ensure things go a lot more smoothly for you.