“Showing its age”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

A one night stop at a good price. Marriott service excellent as expected but fittings in the room showing a bit of age - particularly the mattress which had somewhat lost its spring and my wife and I felt each other's every movement. Time to spend a bit of money on our room on the 6th floor...

• Stayed: May 2014
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Grant E

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am sorry that your bed was not up to our usual high standard for your stay.
We are in the process of replacing the mattresses so in the next few months the majority of them should be replaced.

Once again please accept my apologies and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Regards

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

A pleasant stay in a nice executive room. Staff very professional, hotel amenities to suit all couples, families, professionals. The hotel is situated oppsosite the Trinity Shopping Complex and 5 minutes walk from the railway station.
The hotel contains great restaurants and a bar which is very relaxed with a comfortable atmosphere.
Breakfast of the usual Marriott standard, very good indeed.

Room Tip: If you hold a gold card, room 137 ideal.
1  Thank 388SUSH388
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear 388SUSH388,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted that the hotel was able to live up/exceed your expectations and I am sure we will be able to welcome you back in the near future to sample more of what Leeds has to offer.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have stayed in the Marriot hotel before, the one in Slough. This is the first time for me to stay in the Leeds Marriot Hotel and I must say that this was an enjoyable, relaxing and hassle free stay. I came to Leeds for a conference and the location of the hotel, which was 5 minutes from the train station, was one of the reasons for me to book a room there. I have arrived around 5.30pm, there were two people at the reception, one of them a young man (I think his name was Salim), was a very helpful and polite and with no time I was on my way to the room, which appeared to be very clean, quiet and very well equipped to make the stay as enjoyable as possible.
The breakfast was a normal English, but the most important thing about it is the staff, especially the waiter which was really polite, helpful and has given me an excellent service with a real smile that makes a BIG difference in the morning. I paid £99 for the night, but in my view these were very well spent. A very good value for the money.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My room was 104, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nabil K

Dear Nabil K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your comments to Salim.

We look forward to welcoming you bak to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel has a great entrance and excellent staff on reception.
As per other reviews the hotel is in a great location for easy access to/from train station and the vast array of shops. There is a downside to the central location though. The noise from nearby bars and revellers over the 2 nights we stayed went on till past 4am, Sadly this hindered the relaxing nights sleep we so needed and wanted.
Rooms are good and very clean and comfortable. One minor issue we encountered was an old banana skin in our bin upon our arrival! Leaving the bin outside the room it was later taken but didnt return until the following day.
Overall, a good hotel but if we are wanting a peaceful nights sleep we would consider our options carefully.

1  Thank kitten010

Dear kitten010,

Some of our rooms are triple glazed as the city has grown around us over the years we find ourselves surrounded with bars and the shopping centre. We are currently looking at ways of sound proofing.

I apologise that your night was affected by the noise. Please let me know when you are returning to the Leeds Marriott and I will ensure everything runs smoothly.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at the Leeds Marriott before. Did think about staying at another hotel, but this one seems to tick all the boxes for us. It's so central, for everything. Shops, nightlife, museums. Why stay anywhere else. The hotel staff, always very welcoming, & helpful. We was visiting Leeds, for Easter, & our anniversary. On booking the hotel, I did mention the anniversary, to them. When we went to the room, there was balloons & wine waiting for us.thought this a lovely touch for them to do. My only complaint, on staying there, was the room we stayed in. There is a club nearby, & the noise kept me awake all night long. I told the reception staff the next morning. They moved us to a much quieter room. Not only did they do this, but gave us £20 in vouchers to spend in the hotel, as a sorry for my lack of sleep. We really enjoyed our w/end in Leeds, & the Marriott & staff made this extra special.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the 5th floor, over the courtyard. Ask for the 6th floor. Or the back of th...
1  Thank Eileen M

Dear Eileen M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay in the Leeds Marriott.

Unfortunately due to our central location, which has many pros, we can be affected by noise from the local bars. I am glad that we were able to move you to a much quieter room and overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Happy Anniversary from all of us here at the Leeds Marriott hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friend & I stayed recently before going to a concert. Location wise the marriott is perfect. The bar was great to wait whilst our room was ready but we had to ask after an hour to get a room ASAP as we were meeting friends before the concert & needed to change, unfortunately this meant we didn't get the gold room we should have had. Nonetheless the room was clean & the beds very comfy but probably one of the most dated bathrooms in the hotel. Breakfast was great, the staff very helpful, so I really can't complain. Would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola C

Dear Nicola C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I apologise for the rooms not being ready for 3pm, unfortunately due to late check-outs etc...we were unable to get them ready.

I hope that you enjoyed your concert and please do not hesitate to contact me next time you are staying in the Leeds Marriott.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend at the Marriott hotel in Leeds. We received a very warm welcome upon arrival from Kasia on reception who was very helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is fantastically located in the centre of Leeds. The swimming pool is an excellent addition when travelling with children. The breakfast was amazing with so much variety and very friendly staff who really look after you. We didn't want to leave!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara D

Dear Sara D,

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, but the great thing is that you can of course come back!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.