“Comfortable and great location”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and great location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Comfortable bedding. My request for higher level floor was granted. Breakfast variety excellent and well worth the ten pounds through booking.com
Bar great.
We were given a voucher for cocktails after slight delay booking in, which was. Dry much appreciated. Pool fairly empty if you go early morning!
Great for popping in and out, as so central. Umbrella was sufficient even though heavy rain all weekend

Room Tip: Ask for higher level away from Burger King
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alice S
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Alice S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable and not too badly affected by the northern summer weather!

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Leeds Marriott as part of a Conference and I have to say I was very impressed. Located was ideal for delegates, just a couple of minutes walk from the train station and in the heart of the city centre. My room was clean and well presented, and I had a very comfortable night sleep. I made use of the gym on a couple of occasions which although small served my purpose and I had no waiting time accessing the equipment I wanted to use. The swimming pool and sauna looked good - next time I'll bring my trunks!

The conferencing facilities were excellent. Wifi was consistent, and the food and drink offered between sessions was of a high standard. I ate in the restaurant during the evening and enjoyed my 3 courses. Breakfast was a typical hotel affair but very pleasant. The staff in Bar 1871 were very friendly and I enjoyed the Cocktail Making Course that the conference had booked as part of the networking activities.

Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay at the Leeds Marriott and would recommend it as a venue for conferences.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BFR677
Dear BFR677,

I am delighted to hear that your stay at the Leeds Marriott was so enjoyable. I have passed on your kind comments to our conferencing & events team and 1871 bar team. The cocktail masterclasses are a popular networking event at the moment.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Situated directly opposite the main shopping plaza. Superb service from the staff. Large lively hotel bar open till late. Plenty of nearby bars restaurants and clubs. The platinum standard of a city break away from the kids!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Paul M
Dear Paul M,

What can I say other than I hope you're ready for another city break away from the kids soon!

I am happy to hear that you were able to make the most of our central location and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Lincoln
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped at the hotel for one night as a group of 8 for a night out in Leeds.

We booked 4 twin rooms, with breakfast and parking. Each room cost approximately £126 for the night.

The hotel is located off Boar Lane opposite the Trinity shopping centre, in a quiet square. Incredibly accessible within a stone's throw of the city.

Our room rate included £9 parking at the NCP (Trinity) which was 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Check in was quick for the 4 rooms, all located on the 2nd floor.

Each room had 2 queen-sized beds with lots of pillows, which were really comfortable. There was also a stocked mini bar and plenty of tea/coffee to drink.

Hotel rooms we're clean and everyone enjoyed a relaxing stay.

Breakfast was really good. Lots of choice of food including cooked and continental. Coffee was nice.

We were seated in the bar area on 4 tables - this was good as it was quieter than the main restaurant and allowed our party to talk over breakfast without disturbing others.

This is the first time I've stopped at this hotel - I usually stay at a couple down the road, but I'd definitely return without hesitation.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LincolnAndrew
Dear LincolnAndrew,

I couldn't have put it better myself! It sounds like you had the opportunity to try almost everything the hotel has to offer.

I am delighted that your group enjoyed their stay and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Have been at the hotel for a couple of days for a conference.

Firstly the location is perfect, right in the heart of things.

The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. The facilities are great and the leisure club has a gym, pool and sauna again with great staff.

A special thank you goes to Phil for the cocktail making class which was great fun.

All in all a hotel that I will definitely visit again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank libbybeck
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear libbybeck,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay in the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of the hotels facilities and our central location. Your lovely comments have been passed on to Phil in our 1871 Bar & Lounge.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As with Marriott Hotels pretty much everywhere, the standard of service and facilities really was excellent. It's bang in the centre of where you want to be with some great CAMRA recommended pubs nearby. The lift smelled as if someone had thrown up in it, which is not really the hotel's fault at all and the staff were extremely professional and attentive.

The bar was pleasantly shabby chic, a departure from the stunningly period features in the rest of the hotel.

Very good indeed, almost Excellent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank E35C
Dear E35C,

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I can only apologise for the smell in the lift. It is always lovely to hear about Marriott's high standards of service and facilities across the globe.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Recently stayed at the Leeds Marriott and could've not been more pleased! The hotel is located right where everything is happening and is absolutely stunning inside.
The staff were very helpful and friendly - no request seemed to be too much!

I had never been to Leeds before but I am happy to say that when I come back I will be staying at the Marriott again!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Lumorris
Dear Lumorris,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am thrilled to hear that your stay was so enjoyable!

We hope that we will welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.