“ok for 1 night”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was in a brilliant position close to the station and shopping centre.
The room was adequate, the bathroom sink was stained ....I am am sure bleach would do the trick!!
Bed comfy
WiFi worked for a bit then suddenly went off and wanted me to pay .
Breakfast not very good the brie was warm and melting and room dowdy

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear LouiseexeterDevon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I apologise for the problems you experienced with the wifi.

I hope that we can have the opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good location right in the city of Leeds, very close to all the shopping and nightlife. I stayed here an a weekend for a family event nearby. Excellent friendly staff on check in, who were also very informative about local places to eat. Fairly standard Marriott layout in the rooms, but very clean and quiet. Buffet breakfast was excellent. Car parking is an issue, I had to park a few streets away at a public car park and carry my luggage. Not sure if the hotel has a parking service but I couldn't find the details on their website.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Grant M
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Grant M,

I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our city centre location. Unfortunately, it is also the reason that we don't have on site parking. I apologise that our parking information was not more readily available to you. We have a discounted parking rate with the Trinity car park (£9 per day) a few minutes walk from the hotel and we also offer valet parking (£19 per day).

I hope this information will help you on your next visit and that we can welcome you back the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Leeds is fortunate to have many good hotels but I wished I had chosen a different hotel. This one was selected because of its central location.

Hotel was clean, staff friendly, good quality breakfast food, room furnished to a traditional quality standard.

No hot water in the morning! I mentioned this on check-out. As per usual UK customer service, the staff tried to spin the situation back to the customer, stating I should have phoned down to confirm when it would be re-instated, as it was quickly repaired. I tried to explain that when you go in the shower you expect hot water and on learning of no hot water you are not going to get dressed, phone, wait, undress, shower and then dress. I felt as no hot water was available, the hotel should not be charging the full room rate. After 10 mins of polite discussions with reception staff the matter was resolved with a 20% discount. I feel the conversation should never have taken place - the discount should have been applied automatically when brought to staff’s attention. I appreciate things break that are outside of everyone’s control.

Breakfast area was overcrowded with everyone squashed in like a 1950s holiday camp. I like to relax and spend time over breakfast. This was not possible.

Clearly there are much better hotels in Leeds albeit a little further from the centre but worth the little walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Simon_UK_Comments,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenice caused during your stay. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and would like the opportunity to regain your trust.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further. I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

paul.collins@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel overnight with my husband as we were visiting leeds for our wedding anniversary.
The hotel is very clean and staff are friendly, we enjoyed spending time in the pool and steam room.
Would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will use the hotel again when I next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TShearerx

Dear TShearerx,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

Firstly, congratulations to you and your hushband on your wedding anniversay. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.

We hope that we can welcome you both back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Short but very pleasant stay. I highly recommend resting there whilst in Leeds.
Close to the vibrant area of the city.
Receptionists were such darlings, ready to help and ready to drop a local pun to make you laugh.

1  Thank Jenna B

Dear Jenna B,

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind comments have been passed on to the reception team.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Leeds for business and found the people/service to be excellent. The bedroom was lovely and quite modern but unfortunately food (room service food) was very poor. I had two meals and both were not good at all. The first meal was a cobb salad which should have been chopped up with cheese crumbled amoungst the salad. It was delivered as big chunks of cheese with a poached egg (not boiled) on whole leaves of lettuce with rasher of bacon and a breast of chicken which was dry - generally not nice and not enjoyable.

The second meal was red tai chicken curry which I think the chef used all his supply of chillis for, the meal arrived without the naan and mango chutney as advertised. When I complained about the missing bits the lady was very kind in going to get it and delivering it but again the chef supplied a very greasy popadom which matched the greasy prawn crackers. It was not nice at all.

The reception desk did take off the meals from my bill but I still payed tray charge and for my water which I think should have been complimentary. I don't pay for my meals so marriott points would have been a nice offer!

Room Tip: Other than room service, the hotel is lovely and a great location. May be eat out !!

Dear Sally-Anne P,

I apologise that your room service was not up to our usual high standards. Our reception associate has passed on your comments to both the Food & Beverage Manager and the Head Chef.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss this further.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We (www.placenet.org.uk) used the Leeds Marriott for our annual conference this year. The team - especially the lovely James who looked after us in our conference rooms - was nothing but exceptional.

This showed in so many things, last but not least in the excellent conference catering (I'm just saying 'the chocolate experience'), and that every wish and complication was dealt with immediately and to our full satisfaction. And as for creature comforts - the pool and spa areas are just lovely.

So, if you plan to run a conference in Leeds, the Marriott it is.

1  Thank Matthias F

Dear Matthias F,

I am delighted to hear that we were able to cater to your every wish. The conference & events team work very hard to ensure that we exceed your expectations and it is always lovely to hear when they have been successful.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

p.s. Who wouldn't love the chocolate experience!