“Great location”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Great location”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a Marriott Reward booking. I arrived at 0830 on an early morning flight from London, and to my surprise the room was ready for immediate checkin! Quite a bonus to be able to check in right away. I'm sure I got lucky, but hey--good way to start the day. Room was huge--with a king bed, work desk and two chair seating area. Hotel location is great--five minutes from the train station and right across from a large shopping area. Only minor issue was that even though my room was on the 4th floor you could hear the street revelers well into the night--but that's to be expected in a city center hotel on a bank holiday weekend. The hotel itself was quiet though so no cause for complaint--just be aware that the rooms facing the street have residual street noise filter up. Breakfast area was large and had a good selection. Would stay again if I return to Leeds.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lrmjun
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lrmjun,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. The bank holiday weekend had Leeds city centre buzzing with people throughout the day and into the night; I apologise if your stay was affected by the residual noise.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your return and I will try and ensure you have a quieter room.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My Mum and I stayed for one night last week. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel decor was tasteful and classy - it looks better inside than outside. We stayed in a room which had two double beds, which was spacious and a really good size. The only negative was that our room faced Mission club, which as you would expect is a bit noisy on a Friday night, so it took slightly longer than normal to get to sleep, however I am a light sleeper. Breakfast in the morning was really good; lots of choice and the food seemed to be of high quality, and didn't taste reheated or dry. Staff were friendly throughout our stay, and the location of the hotel is very central. We would definitely stay here again, and it's 100 times better than the Queens!

Room Tip: Rooms on the far right hand side of the hotel may suffer from slight noise disturbance from Mission...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cfowler8
Dear cfowler8,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott hotel.

I am happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. Our central location means that we are close to the bars, but please don't hesitate to contact me on your next visit and I will try to ensure you are in a quieter room.

I hope that we can welcome you and your mum back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Fab hotel, superb breakfast served till 12 noon proper result, friendly staff, clean top location near many bars and shopping. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.hopefully next time use spa if no hangover :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mark3259
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear mark3259,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were able to take advantage of our late weekend breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

exeter Devon
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a brilliant position close to the station and shopping centre.
The room was adequate, the bathroom sink was stained ....I am am sure bleach would do the trick!!
Bed comfy
WiFi worked for a bit then suddenly went off and wanted me to pay .
Breakfast not very good the brie was warm and melting and room dowdy

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear LouiseexeterDevon,

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I apologise for the problems you experienced with the wifi.

I hope that we can have the opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Brighton
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Good location right in the city of Leeds, very close to all the shopping and nightlife. I stayed here an a weekend for a family event nearby. Excellent friendly staff on check in, who were also very informative about local places to eat. Fairly standard Marriott layout in the rooms, but very clean and quiet. Buffet breakfast was excellent. Car parking is an issue, I had to park a few streets away at a public car park and carry my luggage. Not sure if the hotel has a parking service but I couldn't find the details on their website.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Grant M
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Grant M,

I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our city centre location. Unfortunately, it is also the reason that we don't have on site parking. I apologise that our parking information was not more readily available to you. We have a discounted parking rate with the Trinity car park (£9 per day) a few minutes walk from the hotel and we also offer valet parking (£19 per day).

I hope this information will help you on your next visit and that we can welcome you back the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Teesside
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Leeds is fortunate to have many good hotels but I wished I had chosen a different hotel. This one was selected because of its central location.

Hotel was clean, staff friendly, good quality breakfast food, room furnished to a traditional quality standard.

No hot water in the morning! I mentioned this on check-out. As per usual UK customer service, the staff tried to spin the situation back to the customer, stating I should have phoned down to confirm when it would be re-instated, as it was quickly repaired. I tried to explain that when you go in the shower you expect hot water and on learning of no hot water you are not going to get dressed, phone, wait, undress, shower and then dress. I felt as no hot water was available, the hotel should not be charging the full room rate. After 10 mins of polite discussions with reception staff the matter was resolved with a 20% discount. I feel the conversation should never have taken place - the discount should have been applied automatically when brought to staff’s attention. I appreciate things break that are outside of everyone’s control.

Breakfast area was overcrowded with everyone squashed in like a 1950s holiday camp. I like to relax and spend time over breakfast. This was not possible.

Clearly there are much better hotels in Leeds albeit a little further from the centre but worth the little walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Simon_UK_Comments,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenice caused during your stay. I am disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations and would like the opportunity to regain your trust.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this matter further. I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

paul.collins@marriotthotels.com
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel overnight with my husband as we were visiting leeds for our wedding anniversary.
The hotel is very clean and staff are friendly, we enjoyed spending time in the pool and steam room.
Would recommend this hotel to friends and family and will use the hotel again when I next visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TShearerx
Dear TShearerx,

Firstly, congratulations to you and your hushband on your wedding anniversay. I am delighted to hear that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay.

We hope that we can welcome you both back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.