“Birthday treat”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this hotel for 1 night for my husband birthday this June, it was ideal near the train station and restaurants bars and shopping. I booked online as I also checked in and check out via the app I downloaded, Which made it oh so easy no problem no hassle. The room was lovely and spacious we didn't eat our evening meal there but our breakfast which is self serve was delicious and ample to set you up for the day what ever you have planned. As we wasn't going home till later on in the afternoon the staff took our bag and stored it until we was ready to catch the train home. We would use this hotel again. Thank you staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeb B
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Jeb B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

We are happy to get some feedback with reagrds to the Mobile Check In App and of course delighted to hear that it was so easy to use.

I hope that you enjoyed your birthday treat and that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pros:
- Great location downtown close to the Trinity Mall, pedestrian streets and restaurants/bars.
- There is a nice bar/pub downstairs with direct access to a busy street.

Cons:
- Book in advance, this hotel is very popular and room availability could be an issue.
- It could be noisy depending on the location of your room. The staff was kind enough to give me a quieter room at my arrival as I was there for business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The_BusinessC

Dear The_BusinessC,

It sounds like you have it all summarised quite nicely! Our front office staff will always make an effort to ensure guests are happy with the room they are staying particularly during noisey times, such as the weekend.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Leeds this weekend I would just like to thank the staff for there excellent service a very rare find these days. When we checked our bags in the concierge gave us great recommendations on resturants and bars nothing was too much trouble all the staff were very friendly the chef even came out and asked if we enjoyed our breakfast. Great location comfy bed lovely bar central location what more could you ask will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SSimpson2014

Dear SSimpson2014,

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an exceptional hotel experience and I am delighted to hear that our staff met both yours and our expectations.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for one night on a Marriott Reward booking. I arrived at 0830 on an early morning flight from London, and to my surprise the room was ready for immediate checkin! Quite a bonus to be able to check in right away. I'm sure I got lucky, but hey--good way to start the day. Room was huge--with a king bed, work desk and two chair seating area. Hotel location is great--five minutes from the train station and right across from a large shopping area. Only minor issue was that even though my room was on the 4th floor you could hear the street revelers well into the night--but that's to be expected in a city center hotel on a bank holiday weekend. The hotel itself was quiet though so no cause for complaint--just be aware that the rooms facing the street have residual street noise filter up. Breakfast area was large and had a good selection. Would stay again if I return to Leeds.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Lrmjun

Dear Lrmjun,

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. The bank holiday weekend had Leeds city centre buzzing with people throughout the day and into the night; I apologise if your stay was affected by the residual noise.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your return and I will try and ensure you have a quieter room.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My Mum and I stayed for one night last week. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel decor was tasteful and classy - it looks better inside than outside. We stayed in a room which had two double beds, which was spacious and a really good size. The only negative was that our room faced Mission club, which as you would expect is a bit noisy on a Friday night, so it took slightly longer than normal to get to sleep, however I am a light sleeper. Breakfast in the morning was really good; lots of choice and the food seemed to be of high quality, and didn't taste reheated or dry. Staff were friendly throughout our stay, and the location of the hotel is very central. We would definitely stay here again, and it's 100 times better than the Queens!

Room Tip: Rooms on the far right hand side of the hotel may suffer from slight noise disturbance from Mission...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cfowler8

Dear cfowler8,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott hotel.

I am happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. Our central location means that we are close to the bars, but please don't hesitate to contact me on your next visit and I will try to ensure you are in a quieter room.

I hope that we can welcome you and your mum back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Fab hotel, superb breakfast served till 12 noon proper result, friendly staff, clean top location near many bars and shopping. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.hopefully next time use spa if no hangover :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mark3259
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear mark3259,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you were able to take advantage of our late weekend breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was in a brilliant position close to the station and shopping centre.
The room was adequate, the bathroom sink was stained ....I am am sure bleach would do the trick!!
Bed comfy
WiFi worked for a bit then suddenly went off and wanted me to pay .
Breakfast not very good the brie was warm and melting and room dowdy

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear LouiseexeterDevon,

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I apologise for the problems you experienced with the wifi.

I hope that we can have the opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.