“Can't wait to return!”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the second we arrived at the Leeds Marriott we were made welcome. We arrived 4 hours early (having requested early check in) and were allocated a room straight away. Front desk staff were most helpful and the lady that served us was pleasant and cheery.
Location was excellent, right in the centre of Leeds and couldn't have asked for better.
Our room was spotless and i've never slept in such a comfy bed!
Breakfast was amazing and again the service in the restaurant was excellent.
The only suggestion I would have is menus for the restaurants in rooms as we would have liked to dine there but couldn't find a sample menu so went elsewhere. Also the drinks in the hotel bar were pricey but I suppose this is the same in all hotels so we just went to a pub a couple of doors down :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachiedodie
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear rachiedodie,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and that you got to try different facilities in the hotel. I apologise that you did not get the opportunity to try the Midtown Grill Restaurant, a menu is displayed at the restaurant entrance but I will pass onto housekeeping your suggestion of placing a sample menu in the rooms.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stay here a couple of times a month, mainly for work and having sampled many of the hotels in the city this is one of the better options. Its slap bang in the heart of the city, a two minute walk from the train station and directly opposite the new trinity mall, yet discreetly hidden away from the hustle and bustle in a quiet courtyard. Lobby is stylish and modern, a good place to relax with colleagues or friends. My experience with reception staff has always varied. I have found the male staff much easier to deal with and much more customer focused than the lady's, perhaps they are just more senior in their role. I did have an embarrassing confrontation with one female receptionist at checkout one morning having had some issues which should have been handled much better and on another stay this same lady gave me another guest's bill which included personal details and address! - Not Good!!! Experience has taught me that if you speak to one of the executive management team they are very customer sevice focused and will put things right ! On one occasion when I emailed the hotel regarding a recent stay experienced I was phoned by the director of sales who was extremely customer focused , no messing took the issue in hand and dealt with it. It is this level of customer service that keeps me coming back. I have never had issues with external noise that some reviewers have reported I guess this must depend on the room that you are allocated. I have had a few issues with wifi which can be very frustrating if you have work to do for the following day! The executive lounge is excellent offerning first class service for Golds and plats and those who book exec rooms. An excellent selection of food is served in the evening, enough to suffice for an evening meal including a couple of hot dishes, breads , salads and an excellent cheese board. A free flow of wine and beer all good quality eg-:stella. Business travellers please note this is the only major hotel to offer an exec lounge in Leeds. Neither the Hilton nor Crowne Plaza have one for their top tiers which I find somewhat shocking. The service is always excellent by the lovely two lady's who manage /staff the lounge!. Beds are exceptionally comfortable, usual Marriott bedding. The hotel has an excellent health club, reasonable gym, very large pool and hottub and a really nice sauna and Turkish. It can get a little bit busy in between 17:00-19:00 because a lot of the local city boys tend to use it but if you use it later in the evening it will be much much quieter. This hotel also gets used by a lot of top sports teams and on one occasion found myself sharing the sauna with some very well known rugby players!!!!, who even provided autographs!!!! On a serious note one of the things that I really like about this property is that it is very well geared to meeting the needs of the business traveller, eg health club and exec lounge stay open till 23:00, so the hotel works around your schedule rather than you having to work around its, which sadly is the case at some propertys today! Will continue to be my number one choice when in the city

Room Tip: If your not a gold or plat its worth upgrading to an exec room which comes with access to the excell...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flyingboy72
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear flyingboy72,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest review following what seems to be numerous stays at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can continue to improve and deliver exceptional customer service.

Lancashire
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As usual the rooms and service are excellent. Generally the hotel is nice and quiet. However the room was very warm so we had the air con on all night and windows open and as we were on the 2nd floor, still got quite a bit of noise from late night revellers leaving clubs. That said, a good pair of ear plugs sorted that. I generally dont eat in the hotel, mainly because breakfasr is a whopping £17.50 for a traditional b/fast. Not good value to me. Also why charge for wifi, £15 per 24 hours. Im not savvy with wifi downloading etc but again this seems over the top. Could it not be free ? Perhaps domeone could explain that to me. I can live without it though. As this was a shopping trip, the location is excellent and i will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite, high up room if u want your eindows open at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sallyslapcabbage54
Dear sallyslapcabbage54,

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the advantages of our central location, in particular the Trinity Shopping Centre. Unfortunately, being so central we are close to the bars aswell; please let me know if you are returning to Leeds and I will try to ensure you have a quieter room.

As a Marriott standard globally the wifi in the rooms is charged, however we do offer free wifi in the public areas throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this hotel for 1 night for my husband birthday this June, it was ideal near the train station and restaurants bars and shopping. I booked online as I also checked in and check out via the app I downloaded, Which made it oh so easy no problem no hassle. The room was lovely and spacious we didn't eat our evening meal there but our breakfast which is self serve was delicious and ample to set you up for the day what ever you have planned. As we wasn't going home till later on in the afternoon the staff took our bag and stored it until we was ready to catch the train home. We would use this hotel again. Thank you staff

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeb B
Dear Jeb B,

We are happy to get some feedback with reagrds to the Mobile Check In App and of course delighted to hear that it was so easy to use.

I hope that you enjoyed your birthday treat and that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Pros:
- Great location downtown close to the Trinity Mall, pedestrian streets and restaurants/bars.
- There is a nice bar/pub downstairs with direct access to a busy street.

Cons:
- Book in advance, this hotel is very popular and room availability could be an issue.
- It could be noisy depending on the location of your room. The staff was kind enough to give me a quieter room at my arrival as I was there for business.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank The_BusinessC
Dear The_BusinessC,

It sounds like you have it all summarised quite nicely! Our front office staff will always make an effort to ensure guests are happy with the room they are staying particularly during noisey times, such as the weekend.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Leeds this weekend I would just like to thank the staff for there excellent service a very rare find these days. When we checked our bags in the concierge gave us great recommendations on resturants and bars nothing was too much trouble all the staff were very friendly the chef even came out and asked if we enjoyed our breakfast. Great location comfy bed lovely bar central location what more could you ask will be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SSimpson2014
Dear SSimpson2014,

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an exceptional hotel experience and I am delighted to hear that our staff met both yours and our expectations.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a Marriott Reward booking. I arrived at 0830 on an early morning flight from London, and to my surprise the room was ready for immediate checkin! Quite a bonus to be able to check in right away. I'm sure I got lucky, but hey--good way to start the day. Room was huge--with a king bed, work desk and two chair seating area. Hotel location is great--five minutes from the train station and right across from a large shopping area. Only minor issue was that even though my room was on the 4th floor you could hear the street revelers well into the night--but that's to be expected in a city center hotel on a bank holiday weekend. The hotel itself was quiet though so no cause for complaint--just be aware that the rooms facing the street have residual street noise filter up. Breakfast area was large and had a good selection. Would stay again if I return to Leeds.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lrmjun
Dear Lrmjun,

I am delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. The bank holiday weekend had Leeds city centre buzzing with people throughout the day and into the night; I apologise if your stay was affected by the residual noise.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your return and I will try and ensure you have a quieter room.