“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Gatineau, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I often go to Leeds on a weekend shopper with my daughter this time we opted for the Marriott, (my daughter has stayed here before). Well I have to say what a delight, the check in was excellent, the room we booked a twin was way above expectation, the service brilliant, a total delight the breakfast superb, the room ultra comfy and clean. When I return which will be soon this hotel will be my first choice, others I have to say are not up to this standard. Well done Marriott, we loved it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Trish155027
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Trish155027

Thank you for the great review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you had a good stay with us and i hope you will return soon for another shopping trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Regards

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday weekend in Leeds, hotel is well located opposite the new trinity shopping centre

Rooms were clean and tidy, facilities are pretty good, it has a pool and gym, although we did not use on this occasion, nice bar, bistro and is attached to an Indian restaurant

Other than breakfast we did not eat in the hotel, however the breakfast was pretty poor, knowing to avoid busy times we went down late and the staff's attention to ensuring hot buffet food was topped up was non existent ended up waiting for fried eggs, so food went cold then they were cold.

Think there are better hotels in same area that offer a better service and experience

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear DucatiKid,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations, in particular that your breakfast experience was so poor. I have passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager so that we can take immediate corrective measures to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss the matter further.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

paul.collins@marriotthotels.com
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here early this week. It's in a fabulous location within walking distance of the railway station and directly opposite the amazing new trinity shopping center in Leeds. Accessibility to everything is brilliant, rooms, service and food all really good. Would definitely stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank billybean
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear billybean,

It is always lovely to receive such positive all round feedback..

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

From the second we arrived at the Leeds Marriott we were made welcome. We arrived 4 hours early (having requested early check in) and were allocated a room straight away. Front desk staff were most helpful and the lady that served us was pleasant and cheery.
Location was excellent, right in the centre of Leeds and couldn't have asked for better.
Our room was spotless and i've never slept in such a comfy bed!
Breakfast was amazing and again the service in the restaurant was excellent.
The only suggestion I would have is menus for the restaurants in rooms as we would have liked to dine there but couldn't find a sample menu so went elsewhere. Also the drinks in the hotel bar were pricey but I suppose this is the same in all hotels so we just went to a pub a couple of doors down :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachiedodie
Dear rachiedodie,

I am delighted that your stay was so enjoyable and that you got to try different facilities in the hotel. I apologise that you did not get the opportunity to try the Midtown Grill Restaurant, a menu is displayed at the restaurant entrance but I will pass onto housekeeping your suggestion of placing a sample menu in the rooms.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stay here a couple of times a month, mainly for work and having sampled many of the hotels in the city this is one of the better options. Its slap bang in the heart of the city, a two minute walk from the train station and directly opposite the new trinity mall, yet discreetly hidden away from the hustle and bustle in a quiet courtyard. Lobby is stylish and modern, a good place to relax with colleagues or friends. My experience with reception staff has always varied. I have found the male staff much easier to deal with and much more customer focused than the lady's, perhaps they are just more senior in their role. I did have an embarrassing confrontation with one female receptionist at checkout one morning having had some issues which should have been handled much better and on another stay this same lady gave me another guest's bill which included personal details and address! - Not Good!!! Experience has taught me that if you speak to one of the executive management team they are very customer sevice focused and will put things right ! On one occasion when I emailed the hotel regarding a recent stay experienced I was phoned by the director of sales who was extremely customer focused , no messing took the issue in hand and dealt with it. It is this level of customer service that keeps me coming back. I have never had issues with external noise that some reviewers have reported I guess this must depend on the room that you are allocated. I have had a few issues with wifi which can be very frustrating if you have work to do for the following day! The executive lounge is excellent offerning first class service for Golds and plats and those who book exec rooms. An excellent selection of food is served in the evening, enough to suffice for an evening meal including a couple of hot dishes, breads , salads and an excellent cheese board. A free flow of wine and beer all good quality eg-:stella. Business travellers please note this is the only major hotel to offer an exec lounge in Leeds. Neither the Hilton nor Crowne Plaza have one for their top tiers which I find somewhat shocking. The service is always excellent by the lovely two lady's who manage /staff the lounge!. Beds are exceptionally comfortable, usual Marriott bedding. The hotel has an excellent health club, reasonable gym, very large pool and hottub and a really nice sauna and Turkish. It can get a little bit busy in between 17:00-19:00 because a lot of the local city boys tend to use it but if you use it later in the evening it will be much much quieter. This hotel also gets used by a lot of top sports teams and on one occasion found myself sharing the sauna with some very well known rugby players!!!!, who even provided autographs!!!! On a serious note one of the things that I really like about this property is that it is very well geared to meeting the needs of the business traveller, eg health club and exec lounge stay open till 23:00, so the hotel works around your schedule rather than you having to work around its, which sadly is the case at some propertys today! Will continue to be my number one choice when in the city

Room Tip: If your not a gold or plat its worth upgrading to an exec room which comes with access to the excell...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank flyingboy72
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear flyingboy72,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an honest review following what seems to be numerous stays at the Leeds Marriott Hotel.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us so that we can continue to improve and deliver exceptional customer service.

Lancashire
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As usual the rooms and service are excellent. Generally the hotel is nice and quiet. However the room was very warm so we had the air con on all night and windows open and as we were on the 2nd floor, still got quite a bit of noise from late night revellers leaving clubs. That said, a good pair of ear plugs sorted that. I generally dont eat in the hotel, mainly because breakfasr is a whopping £17.50 for a traditional b/fast. Not good value to me. Also why charge for wifi, £15 per 24 hours. Im not savvy with wifi downloading etc but again this seems over the top. Could it not be free ? Perhaps domeone could explain that to me. I can live without it though. As this was a shopping trip, the location is excellent and i will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite, high up room if u want your eindows open at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sallyslapcabbage54
Dear sallyslapcabbage54,

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the advantages of our central location, in particular the Trinity Shopping Centre. Unfortunately, being so central we are close to the bars aswell; please let me know if you are returning to Leeds and I will try to ensure you have a quieter room.

As a Marriott standard globally the wifi in the rooms is charged, however we do offer free wifi in the public areas throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this hotel for 1 night for my husband birthday this June, it was ideal near the train station and restaurants bars and shopping. I booked online as I also checked in and check out via the app I downloaded, Which made it oh so easy no problem no hassle. The room was lovely and spacious we didn't eat our evening meal there but our breakfast which is self serve was delicious and ample to set you up for the day what ever you have planned. As we wasn't going home till later on in the afternoon the staff took our bag and stored it until we was ready to catch the train home. We would use this hotel again. Thank you staff

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeb B
Dear Jeb B,

We are happy to get some feedback with reagrds to the Mobile Check In App and of course delighted to hear that it was so easy to use.

I hope that you enjoyed your birthday treat and that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.