“Good service!”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a weekend at this hotel for work purposes. The staff were very friendly during check in and the bar staff were helpful with directions and places to visit in Leeds. Room was clean, spacious and what I needed for a 2 night stay. If you're looking for something fancy, go somewhere else but this hotel was great for me.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank CathyTee19
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear CathyTee19

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott .

I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the service from the staff.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice hotel, right in the heart of Leeds City centre, right across the street from the Trinity centre.
Hotel is very smart and clean and has a nice upmarket feel. We stayed on a Saturday Night in May 2014 - the hotel was busy with wedding parties and the usual mix of weekend trippers - atmosphere in the hotel was always warm and friendly with no hint of noise or trouble - I guess you get a decent class of people in a Marriot. Had a pleasant evening in the city centre, a meal at the trinity then onto some pubs, finally back to the hotel bar which was very busy and had a great Saturday night atmosphere

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulMUK

Dear PaulMUK

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and i hope you sampled all that the Hotel and Leeds has to offer.
We hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Sunday evening and had booked with valet parking. No valet available so I parked in front of the hotel. Generally understaffed both on Sunday night and Monday morning when we waited 5 minutes before being seated in an almost empty breakfast room. Rooms feel a little tired. Plenty of other hotels in Leeds Centre to choose from.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim L
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Tim L,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I apologise that our service was not up to our usual standard. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss your stay further, at paul.collins@marriotthotels.com.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future and regain your trust.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived on Saturday to attend our friend's birthday. We understood that daily parking is £9. At night, we had to take out the car quickly but called the reception first and they said it's fine, we will have to pay another £9 but this will be refunded on check out. The next day upon check out, the lady at the reception said otherwise, she said there is no refund, and rather dismissively, she added 'IT IS NOT OUR CARPARK'. I was not very impressed by the fact that they are inconsistent with the info being given to guests on parking. To make the story short, we paid £18 in total for the parking for one-night stay.

Room- few observations:

Our room was at 154. The mattress definitely needs replacing, felt like it was lumpy bumpy in the middle. Not very good at all. Also, looks like the housekeeping forgot to empty the bin well, a condom wrapper was left sticking at the bottom. Tap at the sink needs to be replaced, when you turn it on the water goes out at the sides of the tap. Not very earth-friendly. It was hot over the weekend so we turned the fan on, and whoa, the smell was terrible! kind of fishy. Smelt like we were right next to the chippy!

Breakfast was okay, there were hot and cold selections. Overall, hotel is in very good location but based on our experience, I would not say rooms and service are excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MercMini

Dear MercMini,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am disappointed that your stay was not u to our usual standards. I apologise for the inconsistency in communication with regards to the car park, your comments have been passed on to our Front Office Manager who will ensure that all staff are fully informed.

We are in the process of replacing all of the mattresses throughout the hotel, but I have passed on your comments to our Head of Housekeeping and maintenance department who will follow up with the problems raised in Room 154.

If you wish to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me at paul.collins@marriotthotels.com.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future and regain your trust.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Hotel the week before the Tour de France was due to start so Leeds was buzzing with anticipation. I stayed at the hotel for a business trip. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. During my stay I had dinner in the hotel several times and the food was very good with excellent service. Breakfast was also very good. There is an excellent gymnasium in the basement of the hotel which opens up very early in the morning to accomodate early risers.
Location is good, all the city attractions, good restuarants and bars are within walking distance. For those with transport there is a carpark adjacent to the hotel and there is a discount offered to hotel residents.All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 88Wes
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear 88Wes

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Leeds was buzzing with excitement as well as the rest of Yorkshire with the Grand Depart so you came to Leeds at the right time.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer during your stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked a surprise stay for my mum and dad to commemorate his 70th birthday, 11 of us in 5 rooms and what a fab stay. Despite the hotel having 2 wedding parties to cater for we were made to feel just as special with no rush and great service.

We all had executive rooms 'cept for mum and dad who had a suite, def worth it for a special occasion. Total luxury !

Leisure facilities inc pool and sauna were great, clean, well attended and despite it being busy, it never felt crowded.

The location of the Marriott is perfect for Leeds city centre, literally 3 mins walk from the main shopping areas and all the great eating places

Def recommend for some city centre luxury

Room Tip: Ask for executive room if you're likely to spend some time in the hotel and you also get access...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lameduck9

Dear lameduck9

Thank you for your great review.

I am very pleased that your Father and the rest of your party had a great stay with us.
Reading your review you enjoyed all the hotel and Leeds had to offer.
I think you had a very busy and packed weekend.

I have passed on your thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

A few friends and I made incredibly last minute plans in Leeds and chose the Marriott Hotel to lay our heads and we were very impressed. We started with a couple of drinks in 1871 where all the little touches make a big difference (like the fresh strawberries and lime with a certain cider). The staff were all amazing hosts; friendly and chatty, namely Adam. The check-in process was polished and slick with particular mention to Gina and Amanda. The room we stayed in was fantastic, flooding with natural light, space, a bluetooth speaker, Yorkshire sweets and something that came in very handy in the morning - a Nespresso machine! However, it was such a struggle to get out of the superb bed, having lived in city centres for years and expecting the inevitable city hum, I heard nothing all night and had one of the best sleeps in a long time. We sauntered down for breakfast where the whole team were so dynamic; Mike greeted us and offered us a choice of tables and beverages. Steph was delightful throughout our breakfast and Monica provided the entertainment. The breakfast itself was fantastic, a great selection of items - the mushrooms were a highlight. It was great to see the chefs in and around too. Our whole stay was perfect, the staff were some of the friendliest i've ever come across in all of the hotels i've stayed in, it's clearly worth paying that little extra.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JMP359

Dear JMP359

I am very pleased to hear you had a great stay with us.
We do like to make our guests feel at home when they stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I have passed on your thanks to Amanda, Gina & Mike.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.