“Grand entrance but slightly dated room”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
“Grand entrance but slightly dated room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

One night stay in Leeds and we chose the Marriott. The lady who checked us in ( she was training and wore glasses with curly hair) was fabulous and so helpful. The communal areas and bar were great however I felt the room was a little dated especially when compared to the other areas of the hotel. All in all a comfortable and pleasant stay. Although we did eat breakfast elsewhere as I felt the price to be too high.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SecretEater9
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear SecretEater9

Thank you for your review and your feedback.

I am delighted that your first impressions were positive and you found the public areas to a good standard.
The cost for breakfast at the moment is £10 per person for the extensive hot and cold buffet so hopefully when you stay with us again you might decide to take breakfast with us.

Paul Collins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Very centrally located just opposite the Trinity shopping centre. As with many hotels in Leeds Centre it is very difficult to find by car. Follow the signs for "The Loop" my advice would be to check on a map before you go. Valet parking is available at a cost but the same public carpark is very close. The hotel has good leisure facilities with gym equipment and pool. The executive lounge is very good, probably the best we have found in a Marriott. The hotel staff are very pleasant but the team in the leisure club seem to spend most of their time chatting with each other. It is a very large building and some areas are in need of attention. For example some rooms have noisy fans however the maintenance staff are very helpful. The rooms at the front of the hotel on Friday and Saturday nights can be very entertaining, the entertainment goes on in the street below until 4 or 5 in the morning. Breakfast is very good, all in all a good choice in Leeds.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank LauraDaveJames
Dear LauraDaveJames

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the Hotel when you navigated your way through the City Centre.
We have had Brown tourist signs located around the City Loop to help with locating us but as you say City Centres can be difficult to navigate.

I have passed on your comments to the teams regarding the service.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Nottinghamshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our fourth stay at this hotel and over the visits we have never had a problem before with noise but our nights sleep this visit was just awful! We always request high floor, away from lifts, quiet room etc. We were ensured that being on the fourth floor overlooking the main road this would be ok but it really wasn't. I was woken up at 2am by the sound of car horns beeping, really long blaring beeps of horns. Looking outside I found the cars were beeping at pub and club goers in the road. Unable to settle back to sleep with the continued noise and by 5am feeling I was enduring some form of sleep deprivation torture, I called reception to request ear plugs. A very kind chap arrived with them swiftly and was apologetic (the ear plugs took the edge off but could still hear the horns). I expressed my huge annoyance that on requesting a quiet room we had this noise torture chamber and surely there were quieter rooms, he said that the rooms overlooking the square are noisy too. So I guess the recommendation is do not overlook the main road or square or stay somewhere else on a weekend night if you like to sleep without being beeped at.
Such a shame as this has been our favourite hotel in Leeds, the hotel is well maintained, the staff are lovely and very helpful. The concierge parking is just so handy and at approx £20 per night seems reasonable for door to door service. Though our car did return with a scuff on the paintwork, unfortunately we didn't see it until we'd driven home and so didn't raise it with the hotel.
We had an executive room which came with access to the executive lounge, this was handy and the provision of nibbles and drinks was quite good. However, it seemed over subscribed and there was not enough seating. We had thought this would include breakfast in the lounge but instead we were directed to breakfast in the restaurant which was good.
I'm not sure I dare stay here again as I do like to sleep in peace but it really is a good hotel otherwise and a great central location. Hopefully they may invest in more soundproof windows, I feel they owe me a nights sleep there....

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mmmm_foodie
Dear Mmmm_foodie

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoy the hotel and the service we deliver.
With us being in the City Centre we can be affected by the external excessive noise from time to time.
The windows on the Boar Lane side are triple glazed so this helps with the external noise.

I would suggest that the next time you stay with us you might like to have an even number room on the 5th or 6th floor.
These rooms have one Queen size bed in them and they overlook an internal roof space but you are shielded from the roads ect.

I hope this helps and that you will be returning to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

A recent business trip brought me to Leeds, first time there for me. I was very impressed with the hotel, if first impressions matter this was a very good one. From the moment I arrived I was struck with the sense this would be a good stay. Outside the main entrance is a peaceful courtyard, just off the main road. Inside you'll find a very nice lobby and pleasant, professional staff. My fourth floor room was clean and all amenities sparkled like new. Linens and other surface were of a high quality and well cared for, the bed was comfortably firm. Bedside electrical outlets made connecting a phone charger easy, free wifi is also very good throughout the hotel. This central city location means there are lots of shops and great dining options within a short distance, you're also across the street from a very impressive mall with a cinema and lots to see and do. I will make a point of returning to this Marriott whenever I'm back in Leeds.

Highly recommended +++++

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom M
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Tom M

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed all the hotel and indeed Leeds has to offer.

We are very lucky with our location with everything being on our doorstep it makes exploring leeds very easy.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We made a last minute decision based on the weather to spend a night in Leeds. We chose the hotel based on research which suggested it had spa facilities. I contacted the hotel prior to booking and found them very helpful on the phone. We booked on a room only basis as we planned to eat in Leeds. The room was very nice. I liked the fact my name was on the TV screen. It gave a personal touch. We were both impressed by the security which meant that only guests staying on a particular floor could access that floor.
The spa was very nice. We particularly enjoyed the whirlpool.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank TLanon
Dear TLanon

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us especially the little touches ie your name on the TV screen at check in and also the Leisure Club.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight in this hotel recently. Didn't get to use the hotel facilities. The staff seem friendly. The amenities is what you would expect from a Marriott. The location is very central just right across a shopping mall - Trinity and lots of shop, restaurant and bar nearby.
There is a bar in the hotel and it seem to be very popular and pack with people. The security is very good as you need to have a key card to be able to access to your floor.
The main entrance to the hotel is not directly in the main street so you might missed it. You have to go through a small tiny path to get to the main entrance. It is easy to get confuse especially if your are driving to the hotel. The path to the main entrance could be confuse with pedestrian walk way.
If I stay in Leeds again, Marriott Leeds would definitely be one of my top choice because of the location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KimWee_13
Dear KimWee_13

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and found it a great place to use as a base to explore Leeds.
With us being in a central location we have had several signs positioned around the City Loop to help direct you to the hotel but like all City Centres it can still be confusing.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

NL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Typical Marriott hotel, with good location in the city centre.
Rooms are a bit on the small side, and as noted elsewhere; shower in bath in dated bathroom.
Nice bar with good service.
What made our stay was the restaurant. Very nice with friendly service. Good menu and selection of wines to suit all budgets.
Only downside is the charge for in room wifi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dave1NL
GuestMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear dave1NL

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us including our Midtown Grill.

Although at the moment we do charge for internet access in the rooms we do provide free wifi access in all our public areas.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.