“This hotel is good...highly recommend”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Hilton Leeds City
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It is not very often that I can leave a hotel without something about my stay niggling me, but on this occassion, well, there was nothing. From checking in at after 11.30 pm to picking up my bag from the concierge the following afternoon the service was exceptional.
It would appear that the hotel has been recently rennovated as my bedroom's decoration was very modern, as too was the public areas of the hotel. Staff were plentiful, attentive and personable. Breakfast was excellent (in common with most Hilton Hotels that I have used) offering both a full buffet and items cooked to order (waffles, pancakes, ommlettes, etc).
If you want a Master class in Hotel keeping, then visit here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, from your room allocation, your Hilton Breakfast and all of my team making you feel at home.
Please be assured I have taken the liberty of sharing all of your kind comments with all my team at the Hilton Leeds City, as they act as a great motivator. Thank you once again.

Ian James Hotel Manager Hilton Leeds City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed 26 September 2011

stayed for 2 nights this weekend and loved it.had a double room with comfy bed and flatscreen tv with sky sports - bonus.Ok the carpet was a bit grubby,but i wasnt eting from it,so who cares. Staff at the bar were great,we had recently got married and we were given vouchers for a free drink and a congrats card which was a lovely touch,from an irish girl,sadly never got her name,but she was lovely,give her a large bonus Hilton,lol. Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet,and was fantastic, Will def be back. Thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your recent stay and found your bed comfy, enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast and particularly enjoyed the Sky Sports offering available to you via your room.
Please be assured I have noted your kind comments in regard to my Bars Team, may I take this opportunity to wish you belated Wedding Congratulations!! I am glad my team took decisive action and were able to congratulate you, personally. I have taken the liberty of sharing all of your kind comments with my team at the Hilton Leeds City, as they act as a great motivator. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed here on a sat night with 2 friends. The location is great right in the centre of Leeds near train station all bars & restaurants! Lovely clean hotel staff very friendly would definitely stay here again. We booked a room for 3 and had a suite with 2 double beds lovely!

• Stayed: September 2011

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your recent stay and found our location ideal, near to the train station, bars and restaurants.
I have taken the liberty of sharing all of your kind comments with my team, as they act as a great motivator. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

One night stay during the week
Location
Very good for centre ~ 6 minute walk from Station ~ 5 min walk into shopping area
Check In
this was not smooth, receptionist spent 3 or 4 mins searching and asking me to spell my name, adding she could not find a booking. This is not good for the nerves after a busy day working and then checking in late evening. She found it eventually after another few minutes. Panic over. I had booked on the Hilton site and even got a reminder email of my booking th day before, so not sure what happened here. Staff member did apologise for the wait.
Room

Stayed in Executive room which had pleasant décor and looked recently refurbished.
Plenty hanging space ~ separate full size ironing board and decent iron
Bathrobes and slippers included.
Tea Coffee and also hot chocolate
Bed
Very very comfortable with a mattress 'topper'.Plump feather pillows and clearly good quality Crisp Egyptian cotton white bedding. Slept like a log. Good size flat screen TV.
Bathroom
Compact but very nice. large bath and decent overhead shower.
Toiletries
Excellent ~ Crabtree and Evelyn La Source Spa products. No need to bring your own.
Towels ~ Excellent. White good quality and 'heavy towels'
Room service
Was a little of a let down. I got the classic Caesar salad with onion rings and the rings arrived luke warm at best as nothing to cover and salad was just ok plenty of leaves but skimped on dressing and cheese ( I have had these many times before at other H hotels )
Bar
Good service
Breakfast
Seating swiftly but waitress did not explain buffet, this might sound picky but I would expect this to help navigate. Breakfast itself on buffet was of good quality Hilton standard staples, hot plate not the best I have seen though.
I notice the Staff in general at this hotel where very attentive across the board and offered a smile and can I help you at most stations.

I feel a little mean giving 3 dots as the room was the most comfortable I have stayed at for ages but I have to look at the other areas I experienced.
I would recommend this hotel and definitely would stay again.
The check in, room service quality of food and breakfast service let the overall mark down.
If you are looking for a very comfortable stay and good staff, with a convenient location to boot go for it.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very comfortable and ask for a room to the rear of the hotel away from the lifts
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Daisy D

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment. Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to your check-in, I am sorry once again for any unnecessary distress caused to you upon arrival.
On a lighter note, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the room allocated to you, and it`s facilities especially the Crabtree and Evelyn complimentary toiletries offered to you.
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your Room Service and Breakfast offered to you, which have been duly noted and discussed with my Restaurant Manager. Apologies once again, for any disappointment caused to you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City in the very near future and once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed at this Hotel on 10 September for my daughters hen party. It was booked for 11 people as a relaxing spa weekend. Checked in at 11.30 am which was quick and easy and the receptionist pleasant. We checked in and went down to the so called spa and found there had been a mix up with the booking and we were told we should have arrived at 10.30am. This was never mentioned to as at all and by the time the therapists had argued over it ,only the bride to be got a spa treatment even thought we had paid for eleven. We were told we could have treatments the next day, but the Manager of the spa, Chris, then overruled this even, though one of the therapists offered to stay to give us our treatments and we were told if we wanted treatments on the Sunday we would have to pay full price! Not exactly the "4 star" service we were expecting. This could have been sorted at the hotel but as this was booked through an outside company Off Limits, the hotel did not want to know, although i'm sure they were happy to take our money. I spoke to the duty Manager who assured me she would look into this and call me at home. One week on and i am still waiting for that call. This was sold as a relaxing spa weekend but half the pool area was cordoned off for children's swimming lessons! So don't expect a nice relaxing swim. The rooms were ok but a bit worn. Lunch in the bar was overpriced, on average £9 for a sandwich! The only good thong about the Hotel was the breakfast which was very good. I would like to thank the Fitness Centre Manager, Oliver, who was the only person who did seem to care if we had a good weekend or no and did his best to help. Overall a big disappointment! Will not recommend and will not be returning.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yorkshire_Beanz
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment. Please be assured that I have shared your comments in regard to your concerns with our third party beauty company, I am sorry once again for the distress caused to you and your hen party.
On a lighter note, I am delighted to read that Oliver, Operations Manager, Livingwell Health Club was able to take decisive action and assist you, with your booking, as far as he was able.
I am sorry that you feel unable to return to the Hilton Leeds City. Should you re-consider we would be delighted to have the opportunity of restoring your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

We have stayed in Hiltons around the country and in Paris and have just returned having had one night ( sunday) at the Hilton Leeds ,We booked last min got a late rate of £65 R/O on a late booking site but we have to say if we had paid anymore there would have been an issue. The hotel is under some refurbishment in the public area we were unaware of the staff are corperate and impersonel no chit chat on check in or at the bar . The room we first had was next to the service room and over looked a huge boiler??? baring in mind the hotel was not busy ( We were informed) there was no "good will" of a nicer room but we we were moved on request. The rooms are dated however refreshed with white bed line the bathrooms were tiny and in need of upgrading and modernising. corriders old and need an upgrade. breakfast is over priced at £17.50 and there is NO ATMOSPHERE in the public areas , If your looking for a bit of a TREAT" and not on buisness the hilton may not be for you. we found far nicer places TRY "THE MINT HOTEL" near by we went out at night and ate at the Mint Hotel and felf depressed going back to the " Old Hilton" . Dont rely on the brand "HILTON" you may be very dissapointed as we were.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorrit545

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment in regards to our bars and public areas. Essential maintenance work is being carried out on our escalator currently, I am sorry if my team did not offer the welcome to you, as you had expected.
I am sorry that you feel unable to return to our hotel. May I take this opportunity to confirm to you that refurbishment of our 6th and 9th floors, is due to commence shortly. I do hope that you re-consider and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City, very soon.
Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here in August 2011 for a wedding. Location is decent, being only a few minutes from the station.

The room wasn't great and there was a fair bit of damp in the ceiling of the bathroom. Some of the towels we were given for the room were so worn they looked like fishermans nets.

The bar was packed on the Friday evening, and some of the remains of takeaways etc were still evident the morning after.

Breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ramon_Marx
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Please accept my appreciation to you, thank you for your valued feedback.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that I have shared your comments in regard to the room offered to you during your stay, and with my Head Housekeeper, there can be no excuse for the unacceptable standards that you experienced.
I have noted your feedback in regard to the Friday night of your stay and have taken the liberty of passing your concerns onto the relevant Heads of Department for corrective action, I am sorry that you witnessed the remains of the previous night, the morning after and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any distress caused to you.
On a lighter note, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City very soon and thank you, once again for your valued feedback.