“Exceeded our expectations!”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Hilton Leeds City
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Spent a 2 night stay here (15th & 16th February) which was a surprise from my girlfriend during the valentines week.

My girlfriend had booked a King Suite (Room 1216), which was absolutely huge! on the first night I put my arm out to put it round the girlfriend, I couldn't find her as the bed was massive (Haha)! The bathroom was very clean, and the bed was massive and comfortable too. The customer service from the staff was probably the best we have probably experienced. Everything was clean, and I mean clean. The maid was brilliant and very polite.

We spent the second morning in the Health Club, where the chap was also very helpful and showed us around.

The only small issue (I mean small) was that the names written on the name badges was too small, so we didn't know who to praise on the customer feedback form.

We will be 100% staying here again.. I don't know how much my girlfriend paid for this but it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the King suite.. It will be worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,282)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel twice in december. It is a short walk from the train station, has parking (charges apply) so is very accessible. 5 minute walk in to the centre of Leeds so great for staying after a night out etc. We found the rooms to be well appointed, tv, large wardrobe, shower & bath and very nice complimentary toiletries. We didn't eat at the hotel but did use the bar and the costa coffee on one of the stays and it was fine. We got very good rates through a discount website and paid about £40.00 and for this price I was very happy. Didn't have much to do with the staff, except on check in but they were pleasant enough. The escalators and entrance to the hotel is a bit unwelcoming in my opinion but thats just my thoughts on the layout not detrimental to the stay. There is a gym & pool at the hotel so I imagine you can use that if you are staying. Granary Wharf is next to the hotel and has some lovely bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for one night with a group of 10 (four rooms) for a birthday. Staff were helpful but found the reception being on the 3rd floor a bit annoying.

When we arrived at our room on the 12th floor it was small but nicely decorated with robes and slippers waiting along with wine and snacks (not in a fridge though...would of been helpful as we bought champagne and couldnt chill) It was only when another member of our party seen the room and realised how nice it was in comparison to hers did we realise we had been upgraded which was very nice however when we checked in the reception desk never mentioned we had.

The exterior of the hotel isn't very appealing and some rooms our other party members had weren't Hilton standard but not bad.

Its a little bit of a walk to get to bars and restaurants but only £4 or £5 in a taxi.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

we stayed at the hilton from the 17th to the 19th of febuary 2012 and this was one of the best hotels weve stayed in!! the service was excellent!! when we didnt have an extra robe and slippers when we arrived and also didnt recieve our special request that we had requested before hand but we made one phone call to reception and they brought up the missing items very efficently and aplogised repeatedly! the staff were great and very polite and brekfast service was brilliant with staff waiting on and the brekfast was lovely with a huge selection to choose from :) !!! the downfall about our stay was the parking, the car park was way too small and expensive also on the first night had to park in a car park across the road due to no parking spaces being left after we nipped out for an hour! but apart from this will definatly be staying again due to the high standard at the hotel and great staff and comfy rooms and beds!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My double room on the 11th floor was compact, but thoughtfully-designed and decorated in warm, neutral tones. It was equipped to the usual Hilton standard with a large Philips flat screen television, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, MP3 dock/alarm clock and safe. There was a well-stocked hospitality tray, with a good selection of Twinings teas, Douwe Egberts coffee and Walkers biscuits. The bathroom was small, but finished to a high spec, with an abundance of fluffy white towels and Peter Thomas Roth toiletries.

The restaurant has a pleasant ambience and the waiting staff are polite and efficient. Whilst the prices are typically high, there was an interesting selection of dishes on the menu and the food was freshly-cooked, attractively plated and appetising. It is worth noting that the restaurant does not automatically add a service charge to the bill, and offers an unusually wide range of good quality wines by the glass (125ml, 175ml and 250ml). Breakfast offered a wide variety of cooked and cold options, including meat, fish, eggs and cheese, fruit (attractive baskets of, ready prepared and fruit salad style options), yoghurt and cereals complimented by a variety of nuts and seeds, and a good selection of rolls, muffins and pastries. The fruit juices were freshly squeezed, there was a variety of teas on offer and the coffee was good. Likewise, room service orders produced similarly high quality dishes, served hot and fresh within the promised time frame.

I would highly recommend this hotel to solo and business travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Wandering_Viking
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed at the Leeds Hilton twice, both time in suites. Don't be put off by the grim exterior! The rooms are spacious, clean, and have wonderfully comfortable beds. Be warned about the pull-out sofa beds though! These are pure agony and will mean you have the worst night's sleep ever! The proper beds are great though. Nice and quiet hotel considering it is slap bang next to the train station.
I have always managed to find a great deal, paying £100 incl breakfast for 4 people per room (one double bed and one sofa bed). The first time I stayed was over the Leeds festival August bank hol in 2011, and I must say the suite was certainly less plush than when I stayed in February of this year. This time around we had fruit in the room, mini bottles of wine, the usual toiletries and tea/coffee facilities. The difference in value for money was huge - It was almost as though the 'powers that be' at the hotel regarded festival go-ers as less 'worthy' visitors to the hotel perhaps...? But great value both times non the less.
But honestly the best thing, is the breakfasts which are just amazing! Huge choice, good quality, and really sets you up for the day. Full English, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, continental breakfasts, porridge....tonnes of choice! This alone makes a stay worthwhile in my opninion!
Very convenient for access to the city centre and also the train and bus stations. (It is located just past the rail way arches).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The beds have the nicest mattresses, such a comfy nights sleep. Breakfast is a bit of a rip off, £10 for a buffet and £18 to have it in the room! Really nice hotel though, comfy and neutral rooms with a great health centre downstairs.

• Stayed: February 2012