“Leeds City Hilton Weekend Break”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked the Leeds City Hilton for a weekend break over three days to visit family in Leeds on the occasion of a special anniversary for my husband and I. I must say I cannot fault the service we received or the facilities in the hotel. Having spent many years staying in all varieties of hotels, all over the UK and Europe, I note how the management and staff were particularly sensitive, helpful and welcoming to our needs as guests. I also note that other reviews I have read of the hotel tend to dwell on the costs of incidentals (which are fixed in a big corporate chain-so no surprises there) and insignificant details "smell of the swimming pool on approaching reception" etc. - get a life for goodness sake!. All-in-all I would highly recommend this hotel as a central location for seeing and enjoying the city and the nice health club with pool, sauna, steam room and spa bath were really enjoyable and we had unlimited access at any time. Well done Leeds City Hilton. We shall definitely visit again. Mrs P Browne

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Piera B
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Piera B
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
May I take this opportunity to wish you belated Anniversary Greetings!!
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments on line. I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with all my team, here at the Hilton Leeds City.

Hilton Leeds City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 5 August 2013

the service was bad & the barman was lazy in cleaning the table & left finished glasses on the tables after ordering drinks also the housekeeping staff had to be called to send towels & bath mats to the room after the room had to been serviced

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald Ross S

Dear Donald Ross S

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, further to completing an online survey, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to your stay with us.
Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that appropriate corrective action is instigated.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Perfectly positioned close to the railway and city centre bars and restaurants.

Typically a Hilton in every respect, although probably one of their older properties.

Rooms were clean and spacious.

At less than £70 with breakfast this was a snip.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kingcole1974
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Kingcole1974
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Great to read that you particularly enjoyed our hotel`s location to Leeds Train Station, City Centre bars and restaurants.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Whilst the staff and facilities on offer are perfectly adequate, the hotel building and decor are very tired indeed. I would definitely choose another hotel if I stayed in Leeds again, especially at this price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on line.
Delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed the service offered by my team and the facilities during your stay with us.
I am sorry to read that our hotel building and decor did not meet your expectations.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a SUPRISE birthday treat , hotel and staff very nice , rooms and bedding both very good clean , nicely located , car park is tiny but had no problems parking across at q park, and hotel offers discount tickets which was good
AC which had to be on was the hottest weekend ever !!! ... Smelt very strong .... Pungent almost , that did keep me from sleeping but all in all very nice !

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Nickilshious
May I take this opportunity to wish you a Belated Happy Birthday!!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed here at Christmas time and it was one of the better places we've stayed at! Great location, right in the city centre but far away enough that the noise doesn't bother you. Check-in and check-out quick and easy with friendly staff.

The room was amazing - really clean and comfy beds, felt spoilt staying here! I've also never stayed in a hotel where you can listen to music in the shower/bathroom or listen to whatever is on TV at the same time; I want one for my house!

Didn't use any other facilities as we were so busy but would definitely stay again and hopefully for longer next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear BritishIceQueen
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City last December.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had chosen this hotel as a surprise for a friend who was celebrating a special birthday, and had booked a suite, admittedly we did know that one of us would have to sleep on a roll out bed, this in fact was a bed settee and was very comfy. The 'suite' was disappointing more like a family room and we didn't like the layout at all, especially the ironing board propped in the corner! At breakfast, because there were three of us or tea was served in a plastic thermos jug (fine for picnics or conferences) The hotel is very central and close to the railway station.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sharon T

I am sorry to read that the suite allocated to you did not live up to your expectations.
Please be assured that your comments in regard to the jug that your tea was served to you during breakfast, have been noted. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you.
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on line. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.