“Good night's sleep”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stay in hotels all over and we checked in expecting the usual Hilton standard and that is exactly what we got. Only booked for one night so we just needed a good sleep! Comfortable bed and nice room. Would stay again if in Leeds!

• Stayed: May 2013
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Annekaj1978
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City, in May.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to benefit from a restful sleep.
Thank you once again for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Adrian Withington
Deputy Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Usually we have no problems and always have a great stay. We always stay here as usually its cheaper than most hotels & has more facilities than them. The hotel is clean and the staff are helpful. I was a little disapointed that we always end up with a bath shower and our single friend always seems to get the double shower wet room. Also there was a previous guests breakfast of eggs, toast, other food all sat on a tray by our doorway from when we arrived till late at night. Besides that the staff are happy to help and I can't say a tray of food ruined our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Leanne M
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, further to completing an online survey in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be assured that your comments in regard to room allocation for you and your friend has been noted and I will take the appropriate action to ensure that your preferences in regards to bath/shower are noted on your profile.
I have also noted your additional comments in regard to the room service tray left to be collected by your doorway. The appropriate corrective action has been instigated.
Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The rooms were nice and clean, staff friendly. The reception was clean and tidy and presentable. The beds are extremely comfortable. Ensure you check you have paid for the room because my payment was taken a whole 7 months after I booked despite being told I had paid, it has caused financial difficulty. I was informed of the missing payment and card being declined the night before i was due to stay so was quite stressful. The lifts are very confusing. The delux room you pay extra for means you get a dressing gown for each guest but ours only had one. The hair dryer needed replacing as there were wires hanging out, and the label on the plug suggested it was last checked in 2011? It didn't work, and the replacement only worked on the cold setting. The hotel/room amenities are all good, but for the price I expected more of a personal experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kylie A

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, prior to contacting our Hilton Head Office and completing an online survey, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted and the appropriate corrective action taken in regards to Room 1220. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you. I have taken the opportunity of contacting you directly under separate email, to discuss your concerns on a more personal level. I trust this meets with your approval and brings the matter to a satisfactory conclusion for you.
Thank you once again taking the time to place your feedback online.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for my birthday towards the end of July for two nights. Upon check in we were served quickly, we had to wait a minute or so and the friendly receptionist gave us a couple of drinks vouchers for our extremely short wait! Hotel is very central to the shops and night life of Leeds. Our room was lovely, modern and clean, even though we were facing the train station, we didn't hear any noise. Our only slight complaint about the room is the bed, it was rock hard, although the pillows were comfy. The breakfast was good, lots of choice, nice fruit options and the hot food was good too - we felt it was what you would expect from a large chain hotel.

Based on the rest of the hotel, we expected the pool area to be sleek and modern but it wasn't. The spa seems to have been part modernised, the sauna seems new but the pool area is quite poor and very dated. The picture on here looks much nicer but in real life, it looks like it could do with a good paint and as the jacuzzi area is located in the pool, it isn't exactly warm.

As a couple staying for leisure rather than on business, we felt parking was expensive (but reflects typical prices for a city hotel), and internet was also costly, so we didn't bother!

Overall an enjoyable stay and would look to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear YorkieMonkey

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed the complimentary drinks vouchers that were offered to you via my Reception team.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the room allocated to you, your Hilton Breakfast and our hotel`s central location to shopping and the night life.
I am sorry to read that the pool area did not live up to your expectations.
I have also noted your additional comments in regard to the car parking charges, which are based on a city centre hotel. We do offer complimentary wi-fi access to all our guests, within the 3rd Floor Lobby area.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked the Leeds City Hilton for a weekend break over three days to visit family in Leeds on the occasion of a special anniversary for my husband and I. I must say I cannot fault the service we received or the facilities in the hotel. Having spent many years staying in all varieties of hotels, all over the UK and Europe, I note how the management and staff were particularly sensitive, helpful and welcoming to our needs as guests. I also note that other reviews I have read of the hotel tend to dwell on the costs of incidentals (which are fixed in a big corporate chain-so no surprises there) and insignificant details "smell of the swimming pool on approaching reception" etc. - get a life for goodness sake!. All-in-all I would highly recommend this hotel as a central location for seeing and enjoying the city and the nice health club with pool, sauna, steam room and spa bath were really enjoyable and we had unlimited access at any time. Well done Leeds City Hilton. We shall definitely visit again. Mrs P Browne

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Piera B
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Piera B
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
May I take this opportunity to wish you belated Anniversary Greetings!!
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments on line. I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with all my team, here at the Hilton Leeds City.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

the service was bad & the barman was lazy in cleaning the table & left finished glasses on the tables after ordering drinks also the housekeeping staff had to be called to send towels & bath mats to the room after the room had to been serviced

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald Ross S

Dear Donald Ross S

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, further to completing an online survey, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to your stay with us.
Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure that appropriate corrective action is instigated.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Perfectly positioned close to the railway and city centre bars and restaurants.

Typically a Hilton in every respect, although probably one of their older properties.

Rooms were clean and spacious.

At less than £70 with breakfast this was a snip.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kingcole1974
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Kingcole1974
Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Great to read that you particularly enjoyed our hotel`s location to Leeds Train Station, City Centre bars and restaurants.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.