“Convenient”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the Hilton for just a Sunday night last weekend. The hotel is very central and convenient for shops, restaurants and pubs. We were upgraded to a very nice suite on the 11th floor by a very pleasant and helpful young lady on reception. The young lady also arranged for us to have an early dinner as we were going to a show in the Town Hall at 08:00. Our room was very spacious with plenty of storage space and a large flat screen TV and big double bed. The en-suite bathroom was a good size with separate bath and shower cubicle. The room and what we saw of the Hotel was very clean. Our 3-course evening meal was very nice apart from the frozen chips that were quite over-done, a shame because everything else was very good. Just had one drink in the hotel which seemed very pricey but what we've come to expect in City centre hotels. We both had an excellent nights sleep in what was a really comfortable bed. Breakfast next morning was just ok. As stated previously the bacon, sausage etc is cooked and left under lamps to keep warm, unfortunately this does make the food really dry. There was also a large amount of cereal and fruit etc to choose from. All the staff that we spoke to were very pleasant and helpful. We have stayed in a lot of Hilton Hotels around the World and have never been let down by one yet. This one was no exception and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a room on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Philann

Thank you for taking the time to place your detailed feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particulary, our central location, ideal for the local shops, bars and restaurants of Leeds.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade to a 11th Floor Suite and my Reception team were able to offer you an early dinner to suit your needs.
Please be assured all your feedback has been noted and shared with all my team, here at the Hilton Leeds City.
Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. We look forward to welcoming you back once again very soon.

Hilton Leeds City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,329)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Mediocre business hotel. Cramped rooms with dull furnishing. No biscuits. Poor and expensive restaurant. Noisy gym on ground floor. Some staff are very helpful but as a coordinated service a lot is left to be desired. Avoid unless you have no other choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Giuseppe T

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online via Tripadvisor and completing an online survey, further to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your detailed feedback has been noted.
I am sorry to read that our hotel was not up to your expectations. We don`t offer biscuits as standard in any of our rooms. I am sorry for the disappointment caused to you.
I do hope that the separate correspondence and arrangements made for you, meet with your approval.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for a weekend with an upmarket coach tour. The room and facilities were good and the location and parking very convenient, but the Saturday evening food was not good at all. This may have been coach party fare, but the soup was bland and tasteless (although hot, which was a plus), there was a hot buffet main course which was a choice of bland roast turkey breast, hard to chew pork steak in a red sauce and either fish cakes or ravioli, which we didn't try. The vegetables were undercooked and unseasoned. I had hot rice pudding for desert which was ok (although a strange thing to have) and the other deserts were mousses and sponges. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast offered a wide choice, but there was no freshly cooked food, it was all pre-cooked and kept warm. Disappointing for a Hilton, maybe it's what happens with coach parties and independent visitors would have better experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear sandlLondon_UK

Please be assured that all our feedback has been noted and shared with the relevant Heads of Department. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to your evening meal and Hilton Breakfast offered to you in our City 3 Restaurant.
I am sure had you highlighted your concerns at the time of your visit, a member of my Restaurant Team would have been delighted to assist you, address your concerns and offer you a meal that would have met more with your satisfaction.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A two night with my fiancee. From arrival, through to breakfast, through to drinks at the bar, everything was perfect. We arrived two hours early and expeceted to wait, but they sorted a room out immediately for us. The room was immaculately clean and tidy, and was cleaned and the bed made up while were out the following day. The staff were very friendly, always saying Hello and making sure that everything was to our satisfaction.
Breakfast was unbelievable with lots of choice, from Full English, to fruit, cereal, toast, croissants etc .. and unlimited coffee and juice. Well worth pay that bit extra to add the breakfast into the deal. We filled up and didn't need to eat again until we went out on the night.
Bar prices were very reasonable and less than I expected to pay at a hotel.
All in all, it was an excellent place to stay and I will stay here again.

1  Thank Kev G

Dear Kev G

Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be assured that all our feedback has been noted and shared with my team, here at the Hilton Leeds City, as it acts as a great motivator.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business. I did not arrive until after 8 pm having only booked that morning. Booking in was painless and the receptionist very helpful. Lovely big room with large twin beds. However it was very warm and the air con made no impact on this. The old style double glazing was not that efficient at keeping out the noise from the station. Also thin walls so I could hear the TV next door. Having said that, the room was well appointed and very clean apart from a little pile of dust behind the bathroom door (which I only noticed because the loo faces that way!)
Room service was fine, although £5 tray charge seems a little steep, The fire evacuation was well handled and I was able to get back into my room within 5 minutes when the all clear was given.
Breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice - liked the fresh orange juice! Check out was again swift and efficient. All the staff I came across were polite and helpful.
All in all, a good hotel and conveniently located with just a few little glitches which are probably do to with the age of the building. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Devonvillamaid
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your comments have been noted and shared with the relevant Heads of Department to ensure the appropriate corrective action is taken. I am sorry to read of your disappointment.
Delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed our Reception`s warm welcome, your Hilton Breakfast and you found my team polite and helpful.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very comfortable rooms with easy access to Granary Wharf and the City Centre. Expensive breakfast but worth it with excellent selection including fresh pastries, continental meats & cheeses, and Full English! Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Caroline M
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found your allocated room comfortable and found our hotel an ideal location to access the City Centre and Granary Wharf.
Great to hear that you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast and the service offered to you from my team.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I don't have much to complain about when thinking about the Hilton, indeed we were upgraded to a suite this weekend just gone. But there are some things that really irritate me about this hotel.

- the rooms are nice, they've been done to a high standard and they are always clean. However the building is old, it's had its day and really it wants pulling down. The windows are so old that no matter how much you heat the room it never gets warm because the 'double glazing' was put in when Adam was a lad. Having a lovely spacious room isn’t much good when it's actually warmer outside!!! Although I do appreciate that there is little they can do about this.

- the breakfasts are always cold. And I'm not referring to the cereal and yogurt etc. Rather the sausages, beans, mushrooms etc are never hot, in fact the mushrooms I had on Saturday were stone cold. In addition the fried eggs are always so hard because they are left under the heat lamp too long. And this is something so simple to rectify. On the positive the scrambled eggs are rather nice.

The service at the Hilton is always excellent, if they sorted the breakfast situation I would be a very happy guest.

1  Thank AyAitchAy

Dear AyAitchAy
I am delighted to read that we were able to offer you a Complimentary Upgrade to a Suite upon arrival. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to our hotel building, which is over 40 years old.
Please be assured that all our feedback has been noted and shared with the relevant Heads of Department. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to the Hilton Breakfast offered to you. I am sure had you highlighted your concerns at the time of your stay, we would have been delighted to ensure that your Hilton Breakfast was hot and served to you to your satisfaction.