“cherish Christian womens conference”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 2 June 2014

stayed her for two night whilst at the Cherish conference at Leeds Arena. What a pleasant surprise when we arrived to our room to find we had a suite. Complementary bottle of wine and fruit. Huge room, Lovely contemporary feel. Clean and light. Bathroom included a bath and a separate shower.
breakfast was excellent.
all the staff were helpful and considerate.
We have already booked again for next years conference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear caroline r

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Great to hear that you enjoyed the Cherish Conference at the First Direct Leeds Arena, what a fantastic place, we are so proud of this venue in Leeds.
Delighted to read that we were able to offer you a Suite upon arrival and that you enjoyed the fruit and wine offered to you and your Hilton Breakfast, along with my team`s hospitality.
I have taken the liberty of sharing all your feedback with my team, as it acts as a great motivator. Thank you so much.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. Great to hear that you plan to return for next year`s conference. Your loyalty is very much appreciated.
Kind regards

Steven Hall

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as my fella & I were having a night out in Leeds to celebrate my birthday. We've stayed at this hotel a few times as its always been consistently good & the location is great for the city centre. We arrived a little earlier than the check in time but the receptionist - senior team leader (sorry forgot name) were really helpful & checked us in as some rooms were ready. She was just as helpful on checkout the next day. The room we stayed in had not long been revamped so it was very good - contemporary styling which we both like. Bed comfy. Room perhaps a little warm but the aircon kicked in eventually. Thanks again for a good stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank nicklehorse

Dear nicklehorse
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent return visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
May I take this opportunity to wish you belated Birthday Greetings!! Hope you had a great day.
Great to hear that you found Check in quick and efficient upon arrival and you were able to benefit from an early check in and you enjoyed your allocated room.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. We look forward to welcoming you back once again very soon and thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.
Kind regards

Steven Hall

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spend a lot of times in hotels and always try and stay in one of the Hilton group of hotels as generally they offer a consistent experience across the country. However increasingly the trend has been to cut corners to save money, e.g. no biscuits in the room, fewer tea bags, machine coffee in the restaurant etc etc.

I sat down to breakfast this morning and was shown to my table, had juice served at the table, and was served with coffee and tea at the table, something that many other Hiltons have stopped doing. I know this sounds trivial but is just one of many old fashioned service that is steadily being removed in the pursuit of and extra bit of profit, all at the expense of customer service.

All of this was with a backdrop of a really positive experience from prior to checking in to sitting down for breakfast. At every point I interacted with any of the staff, face to face or on the telephone, I was consistently made to feel like their most important guest. Staff were courteous, helpful, went out of their way to be accommodating and there was a warm happy atmosphere that prevailed.

So it is top marks for the Leeds Hilton, but not for the chain as many fall short of the level of service offered in Leeds. Furthermore they really need to get their act together and be consistent across the brand.

Room Tip: If you dislike very firm beds ask them to put two quilted mattress toppers on the bed for you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
stevenhall, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks for your review and i'm glad your experience replicates what we expect to do normally....ie... look after all our guests well.

My breakfast team will also appreciate your comments especially.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I visited this hotel on Saturday night for a nice leisure weekend with my husband. We booked a suite as it was a treat for us. The suite was nice and clean but I have actually stayed in the premier inn Leeds arena a few times and their basic rooms are just as nice. The room didn't have the. Complimentary dressing gown and slippers as promised so I had to call for them. Then I had to call reception regarding the complimentary wifi, the rude woman that answered the first time round didn't give me the correct info and then when I called again for the code she actually huffed at me. Then when I went to take a bath I noticed that the towels where all ripped at the bottom NOT 4 STAR. The Location is close to the train station but everyone fails to mention that to get there on foot you have to walk under a dodgy underpass , which is safe enough during the day but I wouldn't chance it late at night. I The swimming pool was also in desperate need of a refurb as the plaster is falling off the walls. Also the walls are very thin as there were a group of men staying in the suite down the corridor and you could hear their conversation until 6 o'clock in the morning when they decided to go asleep.I never usually write reviews and I am very open when I read bad reviews but I payed a lot of money for a lovely suite in a 4 star hotel and did not get what we expected. Definitely should not be 4 star, and the lady who I dealt with on the Saturday needs some training in customer service.

Room Tip: Book another hotel

Dear Kerry T

Sorry to read of your dissapointment and of aspects of poor service.This is certainly not our normal standard and my apologies to you. We have senior management in the hotel 24/7 who are always happy to respond to any issues....though obviously we prefer to get it right first time.

thanks for reviewing....

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall OK with a great city center location with secure parking, but we paid double for their top suite which was actually just one large room which represented poor VFM in our humble opinion. Everything else was OK

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the review and sorry the suite did not match your expectations.We do think our photography is truely representative, and the suite has a large bathroom with seperate shower and bath....but enough of our advert.

we appreciate all reviews....thanks again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A little dated and the rooms are small (in a superior room), the bar serves decent mojitos, and checking in and out were easy, but we have stayed in better hotels in the city. It's only a couple of minutes walk from the centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
stevenhall, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

thanks for your review...we appreciate them all and share all comments with our team. Glad the mojitos went down well and you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here when visiting a local business.

The room itself was well appointed with a TV (But the channels didn't match what was in the directory and the remote was a pig to operate).

The bed was really comfortable and the choice of pillows on the bed was nice. The room came with a tea-tray as well as its own iron and ironing board.

The sound proofing was poor - and all three of us were woken by a people coming in at 0300. The rooms were also really hot with the aircon seemingly not making much difference - the windows open, but announcements at the station next door start at 0400.

The bathroom was refurbished (like the bedroom) with a walk in shower comprising of a shower head and drench shower.

A colleague had the room next door (1008) and this had a bath, rather than just the shower.

We had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel. Breakfast offered a good choice and was only £10 when purchased on check in.

In terms of dinner, I found it to be a little over-priced. I had a starter of Nachos (massive) and a main of Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce. The steak was cooked well, but the trimmings were small when considered that it cost £21. Peppercorn sauce was awful.

The wine choice is wide, but again overpriced.

Its an OK hotel. No complaints, but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
stevenhall, General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

thanks for your review...we appreciate all comments to assist our management and future planning.