“okay but need an update”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“okay but need an update”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

the wine is far too expensive by the glass, for what it is. service very good overall. welcome fine, departure same. food fine. we did eat at the sister hotel twice, that is much better fitted out, more modern.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Joan186225

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Your feedback is much appreciated. Please be assured that all your comments have been noted. Delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed dining at the Doubletree by Hilton Leeds City, which is a much newer built hotel in comparison with our 40 year old hotel.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back, very soon and thank you for your feedback.

Hilton Leeds City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I rang up to check availability and price on a room for 3 adults of which i tried 3 times!!!! reception were great and said my room for 3 adults would be fine. He then went on to ask me why i would be staying at the Hilton, If i was then to say business all would of been fine and i could of paid over the phone and booked my room. I told the guy on the phone its a friends birthday and we are not local. (not that it should matter why i want to stay there) conveniently then there were no rooms available for that date and couldn't have 3 adults in a room! This is a joke! I have stayed at the Hilton many of times and NEVER been treated like this! The guy who i spoke to dose not know who is on the other end of the phone, but just presumed because i said it was for a birthday night obviously my request wasn't as important as a business meeting call. I WILL be reporting this. As i said you don't know who is on the other end of the phone!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Jody C

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your forthcoming booking at the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. I am sorry to read of your disappointment and noted your concerns in regard to our Central Reservations Department.
May I ask that you contact my PA, Janet McAteer directly (via email) if you prefer: janet.mcateer@hilton.com and we will do our utmost that your forthcoming booking is dealt with on the level that you quite rightly expect of the Hilton Brand.
We look forward to hearing from you to confirm your requirements, in due course.

Hilton Leeds City

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of ladies celebrating a birthday, my husband also joined me later for the night.
The rooms had been booked for while and as my husband would be staying the night we changed one of the rooms to a double instead of the town that had been booked, this did not happen and the staff were adamant (rude!!) that we had not changed the booking and offered no help in doing so.
Booking in took forever and the man on reception was rude, arrogant and just plain unfriendly!
We went into town for the evening and upon returning found there was no one to let us in! There was a bell to ring for attention but obviously no one on the other end! We stood for around 20 minutes with no answer and then decided to try and walk thorough the multi storey car park and managed to find our way in! Luckily I had met up with my husband by this time or I could have been on my own! Not good for a lone or young females to have to hang around outside in the early hours of the morning!
Would not stay in this hotel again even if facilities we're to an ok standard!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LyndsayBayles
Dear LyndsayBayles

Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. There can be no excuse for the manner in which your concerns were dealt with by my Reception team member. Immediate corrective re-training has been carried out on all our Reception Team via my Front Office Manager.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback.
I am sorry to read that you feel unable to return to our hotel. Should you re-consider, please feel free to contact my PA, Janet McAteer via email (if you prefer) janet.mcateer@hilton.com with details of your future booking and we will do our utmost that you experience the level of service that you quite rightly expect from Hilton.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Hilton on 2nd August with my partner for one night. Checking in staff were very helpful, friendly, and efficient. We were upgraded for free due to my lift phobia and them trying to put us on 7th floor initially. Room was clean, tidy, modern and comfortable bed very spacious. The pool and spa was also clean and nice. Drinks were a little expensive in the hotel, £17 for a small wine and Jack Daniels and coke. Parking was also expensive £15 over night. Great location for leeds city centre couple minutes walk. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Jessicamckinnon
Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed your complimentary upgrade.

Oxford
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was attracted here by a really good online deal - I usually stay at the Doubletree, but the price was £60 cheaper over 2 nights, and I was arriving by train so the location was marginally better. Not my first stay here, so I knew what to expect - decent room, good workstation with 2 power sockets, good amenities and handy for everything Leeds has to offer - cool bars, trad pubs, good eating, all within a 20-minute walk. Staff are friendly and helpful (and mostly local). Good local cab service from amber cars (private hire) or if you're in a rush walk to the station, less than 5 minutes away, where there are always cabs available (in my experience, anyway)
This review also published as 'David P' by the hotel's own website, but that's not my regular ID, and I prefer to publish here.

Room Tip: Free wifi only if you buy an upscale package, or have a gold card or better, otherwise it's a ri...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear David P

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, further to completing an online survey, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with all my team at the Hilton Leeds City.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback and loyalty. It is very much appreciated.

Lancashire
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I wasn't particularly impressed by the Leeds Hilton for the price paid; at £145 a room (excluding breakfast) I found it distinctly average. Having paid the extra £10 for breakfast it was a little lacking and tasted like it had sat under the heat lamps a little too long. There are definitely better (and cheaper) hotels in Leeds for a business or city break.

Stayed July 2014
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear foxypinklady

Please be assured that all your feedback and observations have been noted and shared with the appropriate Heads of Department. I am sorry to read that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment at Breakfast. I am sure had you highlighted your concerns at the time of your stay, a member of our Breakfast team would have been delighted to ensure that you were offered a Breakfast more to your satisfaction.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely pros and cons to this hotel. For what I paid was definitely expecting more luxury for my money. The bath was particularly disappointing was hoping for a large freestanding and got a bog standard small bath. With a dodgy shower curtain and disappointing shower. that said. room was nice. staff friendly. and breakfast was lovely and fresh with plenty of choice. had a nice stay overall. p's you need a map to find the car park.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear lucy b

Thank you once again for your valued feedback. I am sorry to read that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Delighted to read that my team offered you first class service and you enjoyed your room allocation and Hilton Breakfast, which offered plenty of varied choice to you.