“Excellent Hotel - very good value.”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We visited this hotel in early August 09 and we were somewhat concerned about our trip having read some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surpirised. We found the hotel to be very convenient to both the train station and Leeds city centre for shopping. We booked a double room , bed and breakfast for 4 nights and our total cost was €178.40 which we thought was excellent. Breakfast was good, self service and there was a good selection of food available . The dining room staff were very efficient and helpful. On our first morning the waiter who seated us, pointed out where everything was, gave a brief overview of the food available, and asked if this was o.k.
We had a great week-end and if we go to Leeds again we will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2009

Dear Guest

I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer.

I am glad that you enjoyed our City 3 Restaurant and breakfast offered to you during your stay. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Leeds City

Reviewed 31 July 2009

My family and I booked a 2 night stay in a family suite which cost rather alot of money and I was expecting luxury and relaxation.
The first night was marred by my childrens sofa bed being half collapsed on arrival-bear in mind this had been set up prior to our arrival and should have been noticed.
Unfortunately we only noticed this in the middle of the night when my children just couldn't get to sleep in it and ended up in our bed.We had originally thought it too small which it was anyway.
The next disaster was the awful sound of either air-conditioning unit/generator sound beneath us starting at about 3am .Tip- do not take a room at the back of the building.
The upshot was that none of us slept properly and it ruined our first day as we were too tired to do anything.
I complained the next morning after a less than appetising breakfast and was offered a suite at the front with an extra single bed although we never got an apology which would have been nice.
This room was a joy no noise,even the sofa bed was fully functional.Had they given us this room in the first place my review would be glowing.
Even the breakfast on the second day was good with the lovely chef making us fresh pancakes.
The staff are friendly but the hotel is grossly mismanaged which is a shame as it has a great central location and potential.
Would I stay again? Probably not it's far too expensive for what you get and there are cheaper hotels out there doing a better job.
My main regret is not complaining to the manager and getting compensated for our first night and I would recommend doing this as I think other guests may have.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Housekeeping team and Executive Chef and his team, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members. Please accept my sincere apologies for the distress and inconvenience caused to you.

I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast on the second day of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments in regard to our Breakfast Chef, I have taken the liberty of passing these on to all of my team.

Reviewed 28 July 2009

We only stayed for 1 night but I honestly have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Admitedly I had low expectations after reading some of the reviews and given the very reasonable price we paid for our stay. The staff at reception and in the restaurant were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed, the room was modern, comfortable and clean with all the facilities you would expect from a good hotel. We paid an extra £10 for breakfast (for 2) and it was one of the better breakfast selections I've seen in a hotel for a long time. Fresh fruit/cereals/continental/full english/pastries all of which looked fresh and apetising. I thought the location was excellent, a short 2 minute walk (5 mins for a leisurely stroll) to all the shops and restaurants which was ideal as the hotel was far enough away to be quiet in the evenings given leeds centre can be quite a rowdy place (it's also a short walk from/to the train station). The only downside for us was the cost of parking (£14 for per 24 hours) but it was full anyway and we found another car park just round the corner which was a bit cheaper. All in all i would go back to this hotel and definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Reception team and Executive Chef and his team, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members.

Reviewed 23 July 2009

We were let down by another hotel in Leeds that lost our reservation. The Leeds City Hilton accepted us at very short notice and reasonable price. Food in the bar area was good, but it was difficult to hold a conversation there due to noise. The room was good, except for strange sound when neighbour opened their window. Higher floors have a good view. Parking at hotel is expensive at £30 per night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Dear Guest

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in our Bar area during your stay with us. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 21 July 2009

Good Points:

Stupidly cheap - got it for £40 a night including breakfast through priceline.co.uk
Free use of a good gym and pool on site which was virtually empyy
Breakfast is very good indeed and well staffed
Reception staff very friendly and helpful
Location is great for everything in Leeds

Bad Points

A hotel of 2 halves. Our initial room was at the back of the hotel and was dated, small, a bit dirty but most of all the bed was rock hard and you coudl feel the springs - not good. So we told them and they moved us to a room at the front of the hotel which was bright, modern and the bed was a huge improvement. So seems as though there are some rooms which are newer than others.

Most toher hotles in Leeds trump the Hilton and wth City Inn opening next door in 4 weeks time, they are going to struggle to survive with this offering.

1  Thank Adz99

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, free use of our Livingwell Health Club and our hotel’s location. Thank you for your very kind comments, especially in regard to my Reception team. Please be assured that I have passed on your comments to all of my team.

I am sorry to read that the first room allocated to you, at Check-in was not to your liking, and delighted that we were able to accommodate you in a newly refurbished room, which was more to your preference.

Reviewed 19 July 2009

We atayed for 2 nights at this city centre hotel. We got an excellent rate on the Hilton 2 for 1 offer. As Diamond members we were upgraded to a delux room, which was modern and spaciou. Reception staff at check in were efficient but not overly welcoming.

Other Trip Advisor reviews have commented on a wait for a table at breakfast, although this was a weekend, we had not wait. Breakfast was good.

The one member of staff that shome during our stay was Ronnie, the concierge. He was extremely professional and most helpful whether it be with car parking, luggage or giving very good tips for nearby restaurants. An exemplary Hilton employee.

Overall, the hotel was fairly good and we would stay there again if we got a good deal.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade and breakfast in our City 3 Restaurant, offered to you during your stay with us. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments in regard to Ronnie, I have taken the liberty of conveying your appreciation to Ronnie.

It is a pleasure to receive such feedback and I have passed on your kind comments to all of my staff as they serve as a great motivator.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for taking the time and trouble to contact me. Your loyalty is much appreciated. We should never forget our loyal guests and what you do for us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Leeds City.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

Stayed here for 1 night for a city break. Location is great, walking distance to the centre of Leeds. Parking on-site which is a bonus for a city centre (though not that cheap at 14GBP for 24 hours).

The room was great, we were upgraded to a suite which was more than enough to provide a comfortable stay.

We checked out the pool area though and this was the only source of disappointment. The sauna and steam room are tiny. The steam room had no steam in it which rather defeated the purpose. The jacuzzi is just part of the main pool, so despite having the bubbles, it was freezing cold! Also the general pool area wasn't particularly clean.

Breakfast time was very very busy and we had to wait for a table, but were seated within about 10 minutes. The breakfast itself was very good.

The bar isn't cheap at 8 quid for a large glass of wine (admittedly very good wine though!) and 4 quid for a bottle of beer.

All in all, it's a reasonable hotel for a single night city break. It's not quite the luxury you may expect from a Hilton but I've stayed in plenty of worse places!

Dear Guest

I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade, Breakfast and the location of our hotel. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with our Swimming Pool and Sauna located in our Livingwell Health Club, which was not to your preference.