“We used their 2 for one offer so fantastic value - our room was huge and very comfortable”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We were greeted with wonderful northern hospitality. The hotel car park (you have to pay for this) is far too small - the turns are so tight it is quite possible that you will scrape your car. If it is full, because there is a health centre used by the public on site, we could not find out what happened about your pre paid parking ticket. The room had a king size bed and a sofa bed - fine for us and our single teenager, but it would have been tricky if we had brought the other one as well. The bathroom has a short bath but a very efficient shower. The restaurant (take advantage of the 3 courses for the price of a single course voucher available from reception) was fine. Breakfast was excellent. From the hotel to the railway station was less than 2 minutes walk - the centre of town and Harvey Nicholls was about 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2009

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer.

I am glad that you enjoyed our City 3 Restaurant and breakfast offered to you during your stay. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 22 August 2009

Stayed on two nights for price of one rate so on this basis good value. Reception/bar/restaurant areas on third floor were attractive and clean and booking in efficient.
Booked a double deluxe room which was fairly small and subsequently told by member of staff that the only larger rooms are suites whereas deluxe rooms are same size as standard but have been refurbished. (Room was well furnished but carpet and bedspread dirty). As with previous reviewers found staff very friendly and helpful but hotel somewhat disorganised e.g. room only set up for one person.
Ended up eating in the restaurant both nights (you can pre pay at reception for set menu to get a discount) rather than eating out in one of several nearby restaurants. Food good but service varied from good to poor on second night when there was a banquet elsewhere in hotel. Received complimentary bottle of wine on first night as part of the deal otherwise you have to pay normal Hilton exorbitant wine prices. Breakfast was satisfactory and choice reasonable but less than have experienced in other Hiltons.
Car parking is expensive and manouvering up ramps could be a problem with a large car so would be worth exploring other nearby carparks.

Dear Guest

Please be assured that I have passed on your comments in regard to the room allocated to you during your stay with us, to my Executive Head Housekeeper to ensure that the necessary corrective action is taken.

I am glad that you enjoyed our City 3 Restaurant and the food and service offered to you during your stay. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

On reading some of the previous bad reviews on the hotel, i was a bit worried about staying here. On arrival we were very pleasantly surprised! Hotel reception was very clean and the reception staff were lovely. We had a room on the 10th floor which was lovely! The gym and swimming pool were great and couldnt believe they were part of the price we paid! Opt for the breakfast as this was probably one of the best breakfasts we've ever had!

The only things were the hotel could do with a slight renovation and the car parking is very pricey!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was even better as we got a great deal on lastminute.com for bed and breakfast for £62!!!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments in regard to our hotel Reception and team. I am glad that you enjoyed your room, the Livingwell Health Club along with the swimming pool and your breakfast offered to you during your stay. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

Despite a booking mix up, the only way we found they would change a room with two single beds for any of a number of available double rooms unless we paid 20 pounds extra. Seems like the "deluxe" room was the same room as before, but with a breakfast we did not want.

Boring, small, corporate room. Too warm and stuffy. Damp smell in bathroom, alternating with a backed up smell of chlorine.

Beware of deals that end up not worth it! We certainly won't be back. Star ratings for services many of us never need often hide a rather plain and characterless experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2009

I got a great weekend bed and breakfast deal by booking direct on the hilton website which included dinner on the first night. Got the room upgraded on check-in without even asking and the meal on the first night was wonderful. It was a bit noisy in the restaurant as there was lots of Christmas parties going on, but that's to be expected at that time of year. The location was spot on, right next to the rail station but not noisy at all. Certainly comes recommended!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2009

Dear Guest

I am glad that you enjoyed your complimentary room upgrade and dinner in our City 3 Restaurant, offered to you on the first night of your stay with us. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

We visited this hotel in early August 09 and we were somewhat concerned about our trip having read some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surpirised. We found the hotel to be very convenient to both the train station and Leeds city centre for shopping. We booked a double room , bed and breakfast for 4 nights and our total cost was €178.40 which we thought was excellent. Breakfast was good, self service and there was a good selection of food available . The dining room staff were very efficient and helpful. On our first morning the waiter who seated us, pointed out where everything was, gave a brief overview of the food available, and asked if this was o.k.
We had a great week-end and if we go to Leeds again we will definitely stay at this hotel.

Reviewed 31 July 2009

My family and I booked a 2 night stay in a family suite which cost rather alot of money and I was expecting luxury and relaxation.
The first night was marred by my childrens sofa bed being half collapsed on arrival-bear in mind this had been set up prior to our arrival and should have been noticed.
Unfortunately we only noticed this in the middle of the night when my children just couldn't get to sleep in it and ended up in our bed.We had originally thought it too small which it was anyway.
The next disaster was the awful sound of either air-conditioning unit/generator sound beneath us starting at about 3am .Tip- do not take a room at the back of the building.
The upshot was that none of us slept properly and it ruined our first day as we were too tired to do anything.
I complained the next morning after a less than appetising breakfast and was offered a suite at the front with an extra single bed although we never got an apology which would have been nice.
This room was a joy no noise,even the sofa bed was fully functional.Had they given us this room in the first place my review would be glowing.
Even the breakfast on the second day was good with the lovely chef making us fresh pancakes.
The staff are friendly but the hotel is grossly mismanaged which is a shame as it has a great central location and potential.
Would I stay again? Probably not it's far too expensive for what you get and there are cheaper hotels out there doing a better job.
My main regret is not complaining to the manager and getting compensated for our first night and I would recommend doing this as I think other guests may have.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Housekeeping team and Executive Chef and his team, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members. Please accept my sincere apologies for the distress and inconvenience caused to you.

I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast on the second day of your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments in regard to our Breakfast Chef, I have taken the liberty of passing these on to all of my team.