“Fair- But Room to Improve”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I spent a leisure visit on a Saturday night at the Leeds Hilton.

On the plus side, the room was clean and had a good range of products - shampoo, iron etc. The shower was powerful and not one of those annoying weak ones. Breakfast was buffet style and so you were able to eat as much as you like.

On the negative side, the room was slightly worn, for example the desk had a lot of chips in it. The kettle was inconveniently located as it was on a tray and then to boil it, the tray has to be taken out of the drawer and placed on the desk, only all of the sockets on the desk are already in use for TV, phone etc.

The pool is small but that is made clear in the literature in advance. Of more concern is the cleanliness of the changing rooms and the tiles on the poolside. You expect more from a private facility, particularly one that is small and would not require the level of maintenance of a larger facility.

One aspect of breakfast is that you need to put your own toast under the grill. This can cause a laborious queue. Most hotels ask if you would like toast and bring it with your coffee, I don't know why the Hilton is different as we were asked about coffee when we arrived in the normal way.

The only remaining comment is that the staff seemed to be a bit grumpy. I am not one of those who require some sort of strange worshipping from hotel staff, but on the whole the staff gave off the impression of not really wanting to be there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially Breakfast in our City 3 Restaurant. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

However, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas, our services failed to deliver to your expectations. I would like to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our normal high standards of service.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Leeds City

Reviewed 8 October 2009

Had a fantastic night at the hilton. We had an executive room and it was lovely. We also had a very nice meal in the restaurant. I cant complain about anything with this hotel. It is also in a very good location for the night life. The spa facilities were good, but not the best I have ever been in.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my City 3 Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef, Living Well Health Club Manager and their teams, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members.

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in our City 3 Restaurant and our spa facilities within the Livingwell Health Club.

Reviewed 7 October 2009

Stayed for one night in room 1202 (a suite) - a very comfortable room which was well equipped. Both service and breakfast are very good. The hotel is in a handy location for the station and city centre. My only criticism is the lack of reliable internet in the conference room on floor 5 and having to pay to connect for internet in bedroom.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnieM1

Thank you for your comments on this website.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Housekeeping team and Executive Chef and his team, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members.

I am glad that you enjoyed Breakfast and the service that was offered to you.

Please be assured that I have passed on your comments in regard to the internet facility offered to you, to our high speed internet access representative, who provide this service to our hotel. I am sorry that you had problems with this service.

Reviewed 4 October 2009

A perfectly fine hotel for a short stay. A bit hard to find from the station as not signposted like some of the others - you can see it, but it's a bit awkward to get to though not far.
Just be aware that if you are on a B and B package and decide to treat yourself to room service breakfast it costs an extra £9.50!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. Thank you for your comments regarding directions to our hotel from the train station. We will always take guests comments on board and try to improve our services.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to your room service breakfast.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 11 September 2009

Stayed in the Hilton for 2 nights on business. Hilton hotels are usually my first choice for business hence chosing to stay in this one whilst in Leeds.

My room smelt very stale (almost smokey) although it was clearly a non-smoking room. The air conditioning was very noisy and not actually effective. Couldnt open the window though due to the road noise from below.

The internet connection in my room also didnt work. Reported it to reception and was offered either free wireless access in the reception area or to move to another room. I chose to move.

The second room also smelt stale and smokey.

Staff at the restaurant and bar were however very attentive and accomodating.

The car park atthis hotel is incredibly tight with the down ramps at very strange angles, anyone with a wider larger car should beware!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank PrincessKittyKins

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Housekeeping and Reception teams.

I am glad that you enjoyed our City 3 Restaurant and Bar areas. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 8 September 2009

Stayed here Saturday & Sunday night on the 2 for 1 special offer so we only paid £44 per night bed & breakfast for a double room. An absolute bargain.

Very, very noisy guests on Saturday night until 5 am. Sunday was the opposite. Apparently they get a lot of hen parties etc. Wouldn't put us off going again though. The location is perfect, everything is a short walk away & we had requested a quiet room so were on a high floor & had no traffic noise.

The room was adequate but not spacious, typical Hilton in a city. Spotless throughout & very comfortable bed. Seemed as if it had been recently refurbished. Breakfast buffet very good with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my Reception, Executive Head Chef and City 3 Restaurant teams.

I am glad that you enjoyed our 2 for 1 Accommodation Offer and your Breakfast buffet. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Reviewed 30 August 2009

Many hotels provide free wireless internet - not the Hilton. It is time the Hilton moved into the 21st century. The room, the restaurant, the food and service were Hilton quality -good.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Please be assured that I have passed on your comments in regard to our internet facility offering, to our high speed internet access representative, who provide this service to our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room, our City 3 Restaurant and the food and service offered to you during your stay. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.