“Splendid welcome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
London
“Splendid welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

This was a short business trip to meet my business client. the reception welcome was overwhelming, i was delighted.
the catering service was excellent and served hot meal in my room well ahead of my expectation and the food was delicious. I was hungry and finished in one go.
Even though I was booked for a normal room but there were one double bed and one single bed in the room and room was very specious. I enjoyed and slept well until morning alram wakes me up to go to meet my client.
Over all it was splendid experience with Hilton.

• Liked — FEEL PRETTY COZY
  • Disliked — no wireless internet in room
  • Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Hotel Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 10 December 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your kind comments to the departments involved, especially my Reception and Restaurant teams.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room that was allocated to you. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

Hilton Leeds City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

The hotel is well situated, near the centre and the railway station. The room was clean and regularly serviced.
Foreign and European travelers, be sure to have UK power outlet adapters with you, the hotel does not provide ones, even for a fee.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Hotel Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 18 November 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to the lack of a UK power outlet adapter. I have taken the liberty of speaking to my Front of House Manager to ensure that the appropriate immediate action is taken and we provide adapters, to future guests for a fee.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the location of our hotel.
Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

Poor signage to and from dimly lit and very cramped multi storey carpark. Room OK ~ clean linen and bathroom. 'High speed' in room internet IBahn connection never worked. Dinner service amateurish, slow and apallingly bad food ~ pretentious and inedible. Dinner menu totally overpriced ~ £17.95 for an 8ounce sirloin steak ~ in LEEDS?? Lobby bar area smelled of stale urine. Barman made a passable dry martini but had to in search of olives for ten minutes . . . Poor Hotel. Never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to our hotel car park, and internet access. I am glad that you enjoyed your room.

May I take this opportunity to convey my sincere apologies for the dinner menu not being to your liking. I have taken the liberty of passing these comments onto my Executive Head Chef for his immediate review.

Your additional comments have been passed to the appropriate Head of Department to ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken.

Hilton Leeds City

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

the walled city Derry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

we stayed four nights --helpful and friendly staff
the hotel was central to the city shopping areas and transport. the room was clean and well provided for --ironing board and iron, tea and coffee, shower, shampoo, conditioner ect ect. the room could have done with a freshening.
the breakfast was first rate,ignoring the slow toaster
we had a good experience at the hotel but would have two points to make;
drinks in the bar were very expensive-- Dublin prices +
prices for the bar food were crazy

• 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 11 November 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to our drinks and food offerings in our Bar area.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and found my team helpful and friendly.
Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

UK_traveller1967
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

Not really up to Hilton standards. Late night male receptionist was rude, sarcastic and reluctant to help (although female staff in morning were lovely). Room was grubby and small; bad TV reception; broken remote; mildew on tiles, etc. Not awful, but there are much better hotels to stay in Leeds for the same price or cheaper.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on this website.

May I take this opportunity to confirm to you, that I have discussed your concerns at great length with my Front Office Manager to ensure that the appropriate corrective action is taken.

Please be assured that I have noted your comments in regard to the room allocated to you during your stay with us.

SMG701
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

I spent a leisure visit on a Saturday night at the Leeds Hilton.

On the plus side, the room was clean and had a good range of products - shampoo, iron etc. The shower was powerful and not one of those annoying weak ones. Breakfast was buffet style and so you were able to eat as much as you like.

On the negative side, the room was slightly worn, for example the desk had a lot of chips in it. The kettle was inconveniently located as it was on a tray and then to boil it, the tray has to be taken out of the drawer and placed on the desk, only all of the sockets on the desk are already in use for TV, phone etc.

The pool is small but that is made clear in the literature in advance. Of more concern is the cleanliness of the changing rooms and the tiles on the poolside. You expect more from a private facility, particularly one that is small and would not require the level of maintenance of a larger facility.

One aspect of breakfast is that you need to put your own toast under the grill. This can cause a laborious queue. Most hotels ask if you would like toast and bring it with your coffee, I don't know why the Hilton is different as we were asked about coffee when we arrived in the normal way.

The only remaining comment is that the staff seemed to be a bit grumpy. I am not one of those who require some sort of strange worshipping from hotel staff, but on the whole the staff gave off the impression of not really wanting to be there.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 23 October 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially Breakfast in our City 3 Restaurant. Please be assured that I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team.

However, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas, our services failed to deliver to your expectations. I would like to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our normal high standards of service.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

Had a fantastic night at the hilton. We had an executive room and it was lovely. We also had a very nice meal in the restaurant. I cant complain about anything with this hotel. It is also in a very good location for the night life. The spa facilities were good, but not the best I have ever been in.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLeedsCity, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, 13 October 2009

Thank you for your comments on this website.
I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer. I have passed on your comments to the departments involved, especially my City 3 Restaurant Manager, Executive Chef, Living Well Health Club Manager and their teams, to ensure that your comments are shared with all team members.

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in our City 3 Restaurant and our spa facilities within the Livingwell Health Club.