“Birthday treat for my mother”
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Room was disappointing, very tired in need of refurb.
Staff on reception not very friendly stayed 3 days no acknowledge ment or pleasantries exchanged.
Check out 11! Unreal Bathroom old, bath panel falling off.
Nightclub noise crazy until all hours

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Cosmopolitan-2, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable one.

It is most unfortunate that you did not make us aware of the problems with your room at the time especially considering the longevity of your stay. We could have rectified your concerns immediately and it is disappointing that you have only made the hotel aware of any problems on this social media site.

We do have 20 refurbished rooms that were completed in November 2013 although all our rooms are of a high standard. We would have happily re-located your room as guest satisfaction is very important to us. Our check out time for those booking direct at the hotel is 12pm and we are happy to extend this subject to that days arrivals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,523)

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I found this hotel great for shopping the night life friendly staff good food and bar great choice on cocktails the room was clean with toiletries and cotton wool balls and bath salts great for a hot soak after a full day shopping will stay here again thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Have just returned to London having spent 2 nights at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Leeds.
Am very happy with my stay, as my son lives in Leeds I come up to Leeds at least 4 times a year, first time I have stayed in this hotel, would stay here again definitely.
Staff so friendly and helpful, room very clean and excellent location.
Merry Christmas to all the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

was greeted by friendly staff on arrival, room comfortable big and clean. was a little noisy as in popular area but did not worry as wandered all day so slept well. did not have a main meal but had breakfast both mornngs which was good. will def stay there again soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here two nights whilst on a business trip to Leeds. The location was good, being near to the station and the town centre, the downside of this was that some rooms overlooked the railway and bars and were noisy until about 1pm. I ate in the hotel restaurant and found it cosy and appealing. A complimentary glass of wine on arrival was also a nice touch. I stayed in a single room with a small double bed pushed against a wall. The room was clean but very dated. It was also a smoking room. I am not a smoker and I wasn't given a choice as to whether I wanted a cleaner smelling room. In all it was an okay place to stay but they do need to invest some money in to updating the rooms - although I did only see one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We came up to Leeds for LFF (Leeds First Friday) and it was suggested to us that we stay here as that's where us "girls" congregate before hitting the many bars in the "Pink Triangle"...
Upon arrival we were greeted at reception by a very pleasant young lady who had us sorted out in no time at all, the room was spacious and immaculate, plenty of hanging space and good size mirrors, the bed was huge and dead comfy,after a night out clubbing i want a shower in the morning that is hot and has the full force of a tsunami, and that's exactly what i got, excellent.

If i had any criticisms it would be that the bar staff were a little overwhelmed with the amount of customers, so they conscripted a third, and she clearly did not want to be there, she ignored our request for more ice, begrudgingly conceded to putting a bit more diet coke in the glass and i am pretty confident we got single measures when we asked and payed for doubles....

Would i stay there again? without a doubt..
would i recommend this hotel to friends and family? you bet i would...
and for the record we stayed in room 118...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahTGirl
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The room was tired and in need of refurb but overall clean and comfortable. However the noise from the club nearby was ridiculously loud, I could not hear my TV properly! This was at 11.30 at night and I was in bed after a long journey from the south coast so given the advice on a previous trip advisor review I got dressed and went down to reception to request a quieter room. But the receptionist said there were no quieter rooms. I was relieved when he told me that the music would stop at 1am, which it did. By the way I do expect some noise when you stay in a big city, however this was beyond loud. Fine if you are staying in Leeds and going clubbing! There was also a 'trick' to getting the hot water to run from the shower and there is more than one password for the internet (which also didnt work). Would have been useful to know all this when you book in not the morning after you have had cold shower and no internet! Overall a very disappointing hotel with defensive female receptionist! But the bar staff are very nice and snacks good.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the quieter rooms when you book
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank pixie813
Cosmopolitan-2, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for your review and I am disappointed that noise disturbed your stay.

We have passed your comments onto the EHO who are dealing with this matter, as this is in breach of the clubs licence. We are trying to get them to either stop noise pollution or to have their license removed to prevent our guests being disturbed. The hotel runs on very high occupancy, due to our success and as a result we do not always have available rooms on the rare occasions when guests experience a problem.

We are in the middle of a refurbishment programme of 20 bedrooms and I am sorry your experience was one of our older rooms but I am pleased to read that you found it both clean and comfortable. The Hotel has numerous Wi-Fi connections but they all require the same password, due to our location however we do pick up many other networks in the area which may have been what you could see on your computer. The hotel has full Wi-Fi coverage typically and 50% of our rooms also have the facility for hard wire connection so we can virtually guarantee a connection and I am sorry that you experienced problems. We would have been happy to assist you had we have known at the time.

The instruction for the hotels showers is to run a hot water tap until the water is to desired temperature and then turn on the shower. Unfortunately due to the size of the building hot water may not be instant and the instructions, found on the shower wall, ensure that the shower is immediately hot when turned on.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel in the future. Please contact the Hotel directly and we will ensure you are allocated a refurbished bedroom in a different area of the building.