“They still have not solved the noise etc Do not stay in 112”
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stay their over Christmas on Grand UK Holiday Group what a waste of money, the hotel food was bad, people from Manchester complained bitterly to the manager and all he did was argue.
The noise from the club wasn’t very good it was heard, they must have the door open, the internal window did not shut properly.
To top of the noise problem at 0030 hrs Boxing day Network started work on the railway maintenance and that only stopped for 10 minutes at 10 00 hrs the drumming was awful, People should have been warned when we arrived by the management, SO GRAND UK COULD PUT 90 OF US ALL SOMEWHERE ELSE.
I asked the barman for a Whisky Mac, he did not know the drink was served me whiskey and dry ginger in a little bottle. For those whom serve at a Bar its Whiskey and Ginger wine with optional ice.
We had no wine with our dinner we had buy it, most hotels serve it with your dinner a Christmas on group booking. 2nd worst hotel I have stayed at in the last 50 years.
They cleared tables early I had to ask for another pot of coffee, my bottle of wine went missing and it had to be replaced.
The heating was to hot in the hotel the waste money, i had to turn it down in my room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeterParkinson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed for one night. There is nothing outstanding about this hotel but nothing to complain about either. The public rooms are pleasant, The bedroom was a good size with a very big and comfortable bed and all the facilities including very fast WiFi. We had a big bathroom with the most powerful shower I have ever used. I think the dim lighting doesn't enhance the look of the room and the furniture was not to my taste, but that's a personal view.
The public rooms are very pleasant, the staff were friendly enough and the bar prices were reasonable.
The hotel is well situated.

Our only complaint was a constant roar throughout the night. It didn't bother me but my wife couldn't sleep. It sounded like some kind of blower, perhaps air conditioning outside the room. Triple glazing on the rooms affected might solve that one.

I would stay again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel is in a great location with parking close by. The staff were friendly and helpful. I had an executive room, which was spacious and clean, but the decor was a bit dated. The main reason for my relatively low score is the bed, a kingsize bed, but the mattress was appalling very uncomfortable and made for a very poor nights sleep.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Room was disappointing, very tired in need of refurb.
Staff on reception not very friendly stayed 3 days no acknowledge ment or pleasantries exchanged.
Check out 11! Unreal Bathroom old, bath panel falling off.
Nightclub noise crazy until all hours

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Cosmopolitan-2, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable one.

It is most unfortunate that you did not make us aware of the problems with your room at the time especially considering the longevity of your stay. We could have rectified your concerns immediately and it is disappointing that you have only made the hotel aware of any problems on this social media site.

We do have 20 refurbished rooms that were completed in November 2013 although all our rooms are of a high standard. We would have happily re-located your room as guest satisfaction is very important to us. Our check out time for those booking direct at the hotel is 12pm and we are happy to extend this subject to that days arrivals.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I found this hotel great for shopping the night life friendly staff good food and bar great choice on cocktails the room was clean with toiletries and cotton wool balls and bath salts great for a hot soak after a full day shopping will stay here again thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Have just returned to London having spent 2 nights at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Leeds.
Am very happy with my stay, as my son lives in Leeds I come up to Leeds at least 4 times a year, first time I have stayed in this hotel, would stay here again definitely.
Staff so friendly and helpful, room very clean and excellent location.
Merry Christmas to all the staff.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

was greeted by friendly staff on arrival, room comfortable big and clean. was a little noisy as in popular area but did not worry as wandered all day so slept well. did not have a main meal but had breakfast both mornngs which was good. will def stay there again soon