“Good value”
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Leeds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

A good value voucher treat for my Mum to enhance a shopping trip proved a good buy. I was wary as some reviews of the hotel were not that favourable but we were not disappointed.
Excellent service and attention from very pleasant staff. Good quality sandwiches, cakes and clotted cream scones brought to us after our lovely champagne at just the right time made this an enjoyable experience. Nothing was too much trouble.
I would make the effort to visit this hotel again.
Yes the surroundings are a bit jaded but this place is worth a try.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MissMoo25
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed at the Cosmopolitan previously, my stay was OK, a few problems but I still returned.

This time, I thought the room was in even better condition and very clean.

I really enjoyed staying at The Cosmo, it's cheaper than other central Leeds hotels and yes it is a bit dated and in need of a total refurb (especially that TERRIBLE hallway carpet!!!) but the staff have done the very best they can, everybody is friendly and the reception team are very helpful.

Excellent location for an evening out in Leeds city centre, 2 mins from the train station. I really couldn't have asked for more. I hope to stay again at some point in the future if the rates etc stay the same (I wouldn't pay more).

Thanks

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night just before New Years Eve. It is about 10 minutes walk from Leeds train station and pretty central.

I didn't eat there, getting in quite late but there are lots of restaurants, take aways and late night supermarkets nearby.

The check in lady was lovely and pleasant and smiled when you walked by - great job!

Room was really large for the price. Bed was very comfy and the room was really warm. The bathroom was okay with little extras which I appreciated even if I didn't use them - bath salts, sewing kit etc.

The only thing I thought let it down was the carpet in the hallway, lurid blue and yellow and the door to my room was a bit dated. It smelt of paint though and was clearly well maintained.

I couldn't really find a good spot to smoke outside but it is right in the street so that was okay.

I also met the cleaning lady the next morning and she was very friendly.

There was a stack of a Christmas presents by the lift which seemed to be from the staff to their colleagues and I liked that, nice touch.

I might try somewhere else if I am back in Leeds but if this hotel is available and at a good deal, I would happily stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We received a voucher for afternoon tea with bubbly at this hotel for Christmas and went at the weekend. I know Leeds well and was worried that the area the hotel is in is a little rough, however, the restaurant is actually really lovely and beautifully decorated. If this place was on the main street in Leeds it would be packed- but a mere 2 minutes walk from the main shopping area, it was empty on a Saturday lunch time. The afternoon tea was really really nice- better than a previous one I've had in a fancy chain. It all seemed home made, nothing from a packet, the scones were fluffy and warm and the cakes delicious. It also came with a selection of finger sandwiches and the bread was very soft and fresh.
The service, however, didn't quite match up to the food- the waitress seemed very young and inexperienced. Perhaps it was her first day, as we had to ask for things like tea and coffee that were supposed to be included in the deal, and she seemed confused by special requests.
I also visited the bathroom which involved walking past the reception area, and it was very well presented and welcoming, and the bathroom was modern and sparkly clean. I would consider using the hotel if I was staying in Leeds in the future, although maybe not at a weekend as people have mentioned there is a noise problem from nearby bars.
I would recommend that people at least try the restaurant here, especially if other places in Leeds are full up, as it seems like you won't struggle for a table here, and they appear to have a great chef in the kitchen!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Had a lovey 2 days January 1st with my partner room lovely, food lovely staff friendly! Had a room over looking side street, close to shops, bars, restaurants. Fresh poached eggs on ordering at breakfast. Wine a little pricey in dining room but food was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Came here for a works lunch time Xmas meal. Must say I was very impressed by the quality of food on offer. As a mid-week event it didn't seem to be too busy but would certainly recommend to others.

Cannot personally comment on the accommodation - didn't stay. However a colleague had used it for a post Friday night celebration kip and said it was reasonably priced and fit for purpose.

It's pretty central for Leeds and close to to the station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends