“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel once in the past and did not have the best review on this hotel, however I thought I would give this hotel another chance and I am very happy I did this.
On Sunday I booked the executive king room I would recommend anyone to pay that little extra because wow these rooms are lovely!
On arrival the hotel had been very busy the night before the gentleman on the desk did not hesitate to take my bags and look after them while I went around Leeds while my room was been organised.
I then came back to the hotel at 3pm they explained my room may not be ready, however it was I collected my bags and went up to my room 122. It was delightful, lovely comfy bed with plenty of pillows and cushions. I went into the bathroom had some lovely toiletries which I ran myself a night big bubble bath before my night out that was ahead of me. I then put then tv on while getting ready. I went out and then came back to the hotel and had one of the best sleeps!
This hotel is perfect for the price!
I will be staying here every time now when I come to Leeds for my nights out!
In fact I already have three more stays booked in advance can't wait!
Thank you Cosmopolitan and the staff for a wonderful stay :) x

Room Tip: The only little issue you may have is that it is slightly noisy due to the bars near by but this is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Typical of older hotels, beyond the lobby and dining/bar area, the hotel is pretty shabby.

I was given a smoking room, which stank of stale smoke.

There was a club nearby with loud music, which went on until 4am I asked for another room, but was told the hotel was full. There weren't many people around for a full hotel.

The wireless didn't work at all.

There was no hot water in the morning.

On the positive side, the staff were generally pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LukeTaylor
Cosmopolitan-2, Guest Relations Manager at Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
I am sorry that your stay was not to your expectations.

The hotel has just completed the complete refurbishment of 17 bedrooms and all our rooms are well maintained and it is disappointing you felt that the hotel was shabby. I am sorry that you were allocated an older smoking room and that we were unable to move your room. The hotel was indeed fully booked as you were informed. The majority of guests were at an event at the Leeds Arena and this would be why the hotel appeared quiet.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise which midweek is very unusual and we are not aware of other guests experiencing this problem. I have copied your comment to the local EHO as they are investigating noise problems as this is out of the Hotels control sadly.

As we have advised by e-mail we were unable to find any fault with the hot water upon you leaving. There can be a delay in hot water in the shower but on checking it was found to be to the correct temperature and I am sorry that this added to your poor stay with us. The wi-fi is available throughout the building and there are 8 routers and it can simply be an individual computers that does not allow connection to a public wi-fi zone rather than our system failing as this is very rare with the blanket coverage we have.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and I have contacted you directly to try and resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and await your reply.
Billingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on the 22/06/14 for 1 night while we went to see Eric Clapton at the first direct arena
The room was clean and comfortable 20 minuet walk to the arena or £5.70 in a taxi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at the Cosmopolitan many times and find it the most convenient place to stay in the City. The rooms are clean,comfortable,bar area great! The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have all you require.
The room rate is very reasonable and there is a consistency within the hotel of good standards, everytime I visit , its an lovely experience and I recommend the cosmopolitan to everyone. Thanks again for another great visit.
Ali H

Room Tip: Ask reception, they will always do their best for you and give you the best room available at bookin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alison H
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I actually live in the city, but given the opportunity of an expensed night in town i stayed a night here.

Pleasently surprised, lovley reception with a free glass of wine on arrival which i wasnt expecting, Parking taken care of at the hotel reception for the Q park which is a secure Multi story 5 mins walk away.

Room was excellent and i think had been recently refurbished, great size, comfy bed and good bathroom both size wise and had a nice selection of toiletries.

Certainly exceeded expectaions given the price, although i know the rate was reduced so probably about right for the listed cost.

Had a bite to eat and some wine in the resataurat, again very good, and the waiter seemed very knowledgable about the wine, which was anice touch.

There was a minor issue with noise, niot the hotels fault, but there were some noisey guests above me, complained to reception and about 30 mins later all went quiet, by way of an apologie i was given a free upgrade and a half price voucher for my next stay which was good given the circumstance.

All in very impressed and the hotel certainly lives up to its external appearence. 5 min walk to Brigate which is the centre of Leeds City Centre. Would certainly recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is in a good location for the tourist attractions in Leeds, and has a discount deal with the nearby Q car park. Our family room (1 double bed, 1 single) was nice. The staff are friendly.

We had a drink with friends in the bar, which was also nice. Breakfast is good too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I regularly stay here. It is clean, the rooms are nice and it is excellent value for money. They most impressive thing about the hotel though are the staff, who are the friendliest, most helpful I have ever stayed with. When staff are smiling all the time you know the hotel is well managed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends