“Convenient For Airport”

Ranked #70 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Brighouse, West Yorkshire
“Convenient For Airport”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The first thing that was said to us on arrival was "what name is it!" ... The welcome was a shame because most other things were fine.
We were on a package of - one night stay, airport parking & a bottle of wine. Explanations regarding these were not very well explained on arrival, but thankfully when we were leaving the lady on reception was really helpful and gave us the info and tickets we should have been issued with. The room was pleasant and clean and was adequate for what was required for a one night stay. During the evening the bar had a good atmosphere and the food was surprising very good - the service was also very good.
All in all, this hotel is convenient for the airport and the transfers are good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-Britannia, General Manager at Britannia Leeds Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Thank you for your observations, these can only be used to improve the service we offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is pritty much average. Let’s just get to the point hate wafflers that just waffle on and dont get the main points out.

1) Ideal location 3 miles from leeds city centre (4 Miles from A1M)

2) Big Car Park (Ideal for Rigid HGVs)

3) Frieindly staff (Apart from the male on reception who ive complained about! you will notice him lol)

4) Bar prices are cheap enough. (£3.10 for Pint of Cider, tetley, carlsberg)

5) Breakfast is all you can eat £5.00 can not complain at that.

6) Rooms are big and clean.flat screen tv with Coffee & milk & tea provided.

7) I never had food in the hotel but i think it is £12.50 for a carvary

8) You can order takeaways in from reception we tried the takeaway and it was spot on (Kebab & indians)

9) please be aware that this hotel gets bus trips in every day and it can get busy around 6pm till 8pm when everyone is eating.

Overall this is an average hotel, if you are expecting posh dont bother. if you can a room cheap enough on late rooms i would book it. However I would not pay no more than £40.

Room Tip: 205 looks over car park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from staying at the brittania hotel leeds north,
The whole experience was so positive I can not understand some of the reviews that I have read the food was great
The room also had every thing needed for a pleasant stay
I very nearly cancelled my booking with ca,adonian coach holidays but am so happy I did not we will go back any time

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Brianpj
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We always stay overnight at this Hotel when flying from Leeds/Bradford airport. The service given is excellent. The staff are friendly, bedrooms spacious and clean. The parking facility for the duration of the Holiday together with taxi transfers are very professionally carried out. There is a small extra charge for this service now, but well worth it as, on return from the Airport, the taxi driver drops you directly at your car complete with luggage - brilliant.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
hartlepool
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stopped here as a last minute booking and to be honest for the price i paid it was fairly good value. The hotel is a little worn and dated but the staff were friendly enough. At breakfast i went to pay and instead of the advertised £5 i was charged £9.99!! The server said if i told them the night before i would have got it at the cheaper rate!! More than a little annoying. There was a bus trip in also and she was infuriating them also by insisting they sat in exactly the same seat as they had the night before even though there was tons of spare tables and space. I could not quite work that one out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andyquinn
Thank you for your time in posting your comments, we welcome both positive and constructive feedback to help us improve and monitor our standards.
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night as we needed to be near the hospital for an early start. Location was ideal for the hospital but the hotel was not great.
We ate in the hotel bar bye the food was awful. I ordered a ham sandwich with chips and my mum had a salmon salad. There was also the option of green beans as an extra on the bar menu so my mum asked for them with her salad. A dirty scruffy looking Chef came out & questioned why she wanted green beans with her salad which was odd.
My sandwich was awful, the ham was rubber and the bread was really hard and stale. I had soft crispy at the side and cold half cooked chips. My mums salad was just a piece of salmon on the largest amount of lettuce ever but it wasn't fresh lettuce and was quite soft with brown edges.
We didn't once get a table check and nobody asked how the meal was.
The rooms looked nice at first but when we spent a bit of time in them they were really dirty. There were hairs in the bath & the blankets all had stains in which we asked to be changed. My pillow wasn't very clean & the carpet was Also dirty.
I had an ok nights sleep but won't be going back again

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Laura462230
I am sorry to read that we haven’t met your expectations of the service we offer here at the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Perhaps if you had given us the opportunity to discuss your comments and observations at the time, we could have had the opportunity to address them. We can only improve the service we offer by receiving both positive and constructive comments.

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night with my daughter for an early meeting in Leeds the following morning.
Arrived at reception,and the receptionist was polite and helpful. First impression of our twin room, was favourable. Decent size, and decent beds.
We arrived late evening so went down to the bar for something to eat. Unfortunately this was not a pleasant experience. My daughter ordered a triple ham sandwich and chips and I ordered salmon salad, and garlic bread. Firstly we had to wait for a very long time before our food came,and when it did it was rather disappointing. The bread on my daughters sandwich was rather hard, and my meal was not very tasteful everything was covered in a mound of lettuce, which didn't look very fresh. Considering the price, I felt we definitely didn't get value for money. Nobody asked if we had enjoyed our meal, though by the amount we left it was pretty evident that we hadn't.
The hotel stairs and landing were not very clean at all, although our room seemed fine apart from our bath, which my daughter found black hairs in when having a bath, and the blanket in the room was stained. I asked for another and was brought another one with stains on, although to be fair, I was then brought an extra duvet instead which was fine.
I possibly would stay in the Britannia again if I needed to find a room in a hurry, as the rooms were ok. I wouldn't eat there though, and I think the hotel needs to seriously think about doing a bit more cleaning.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Libby D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
#71 of 87 in Leeds
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#49 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Britannia Leeds Hotel? Share your experiences!