“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
East Yorkshire
“Excellent”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband treated me to a weekend away before our baby is due. We did not want to travel far or spend too much money so I was not expecting a 5 star luxury hotel, I was very very pleasantly surprised as to who lovely, cosy, welcoming and comfy our room and the hotel was. We stayed in the superior room of which is featured in the photographs on their site and I can say that the photos do not do it justice, it really is nice. The furnishings are quality and the finish wonderful. despite our room facing on to the busy road and car park the nose was minimal due to the design of the windows and the thick curtains adequately blocked out the light. the staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant and food great.

I would recommend this hotel and would like to stay again.

Room Tip: our room was featured in the pictures (superior room) as better than the pictures, so I would say yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
Billericay
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I remember trundling past this hotel when it was on the old A1 and always though what a noisy place it would be to stay. Now completely by passed by the new A1M I decided to give it a chance for a one night business stop.
Rooms larger than average, quiet, clean and kingsize bed. Bathroom absolutely spotlessly clean and gleaming bright in all areas. Probably the cleanest hotel bathroom I have ever stayed in. Food reasonably priced, piping hot and friendly staff.
Trying hard to think of a negative and there weren't any. Definately will be my business stopping place when travelling in the north

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back of the hotel. no view but very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room was clean and tidy (with heated bathroom floor!), the staff we helpful, ordering a taxi for us, helping choose a drink at the bar, and the bar food was good value for money - can recommend the home made chips. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill H
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was looking to stay at a Premier Inn - but they were full up! Am I glad? Definitely - for the same price I would have paid at the P.L. I stayed here - bigger rooms - more modern in every way - decor - air con - underfloor heat in bathroom - spotlessly clean AND IT INCLUDED A SUPERB BREAKFAST!

Now I have found the Milford - farewell Premier Inn. Didn't try the restaurant (family celebration at daughter's house nearby) but the menu looked great and the setting excellent.

If you need to stay near Milford - stay there, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: It they are all as good as ours (no reason to suspect not) then any would be fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Great little hotel we based ourselves at for a nearby family party. Staff go out of their way to help you - we were only here one night and we needed nail files, irons, room service etc. and everything was delivered promptly to our room with a smile.

Only a couple of downsides, we waited about 5 mins at an empty reception to check in but this was probably because the super helpful receptionist was off helping someone else; and you can't open the windows (prob because the a1 is right behind the hotel and it would be noisy) but the ac is really effective and kept the room at a nice temp.

Really great value for money at £40 night and way superior to the equivalent Premier Inn or Travel Lodge. I will be looking for Best Westerns on our next trip!

• Stayed April 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is a lovely clean Hotel, the Staff are very friendly. Check-in was efficient and quick. We had a Room at the back of the Hotel, so it was very quiet. The Room was of a good size, very welcoming, and very clean. The bathroom was lovely, with under floor heating, and a heated mirror, so the mist was gone in a flash. I found the mattress to be of a good comfort, my husband has problems with mattress's, so he did have a little back ache, but I feel most traveller's would have the same comment as myself. At Breakfast, the serving staff were efficient, pleasant, and looked after you very well. The Breakfast was super, you helped yourself to Fresh fruit, dried fruit, cereals, juices, yoghurt, croissants, and would you believe what looked like my own Homemade Jams, and Marmalade. I asked the Waitress this morning about them, and yes they come from a Farm down the road, and so does the Honey, wonderful touch. There was a good choice for the main part of the breakfast, sausage, bacon, huge mushroom, tomatoe, 2 eggs, plus extra's if you wished, beans, black pudding, hash browns. Lots of Toast, tea and coffee. The cooked English breakfast was cooked beautifully, plus I felt all the items on your plate were of good quality. I would certainly recommend this Hotel. We just had a two night break for easter, and thoroughly enjoyed it, so thank you Milford Hotel.

Room Tip: Try for a Room at the back, as I'm not sure about the Road noise to the rooms at the front of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Milford_12, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Milford Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try and source all our food locally and that does pay off with good quality produce.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

After a long drive from London on a Friday night in the snow our arrival to the hotel was greeted warmly by the welcoming staff. Check in was quick, they had even put the heating on in our room to help thaw us out! The room was very clean, a good size with a lovely modern bathroom with the bonus of heated flooring! Bed was a nice size although i some issues with my pillows. One was too soft and the other too hard. I had to get a towel and place it under the soft pillow for support, otherwise all great!

Room Tip: Room 36 was nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrWallop
Thank you so much for your kind comments and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.